MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Over My Head What GIF by SuperSport

Advertisement
The funniest possible ending to this chapter of realignment would be FSU and UNC going to the SEC and Miami and Clemson going to the Big 10. Any scenario where FSU doesn't end up in the BIG is one where genetics gets massive egg on his face. Would be glorious.
If that comes to pass, I hope every Canes fan trolls him on Twitter, but only one every hour, for the next 50 years.

The funniest possible ending to this chapter of realignment would be FSU and UNC going to the SEC and Miami and Clemson going to the Big 10. Any scenario where FSU doesn't end up in the BIG is one where genetics gets massive egg on his face. Would be glorious.
He has really gone on an "anti Miami" rant. Said that even if the B10 goes to 24 FOX has no interest in Miami, there would be more interest in UF or USF. Guy really developed a hard on for Miami ... was ****ed that UM voted after the fact to approve the ACC's action of suing FSU.

Advertisement
He has really gone on an "anti Miami" rant. Said that even if the B10 goes to 24 FOX has no interest in Miami, there would be more interest in UF or USF. Guy really developed a hard on for Miami ... was ****ed that UM voted after the fact to approve the ACC's action of suing FSU.

There's a general rule to information: the more you say the less you know.

What he did find was the combination of words that provided him the most engagement. And it's not shocking that FSU fans provided him that engagement. There's a grift zone in the United States and the Panhandle is certainly within that zone. He'll be pitching diet supplements soon enough.

Just for record's sake: You (known in these parts as RickD) are saying FSU will join the B1G?

Advertisement
Just for record's sake: You (known in these parts as RickD) are saying FSU will join the B1G?
I'll play.

Nothing is impossible, however, I'll say it is highly unlikely FSU joins B1G.

FSU joins SEC...OR remains member of ACC.

Then again I said aTm wasn't firing Jimbo last season, so what the **** do I know really?

There's a general rule to information: the more you say the less you know.

What he did find was the combination of words that provided him the most engagement. And it's not shocking that FSU fans provided him that engagement. There's a grift zone in the United States and the Panhandle is certainly within that zone. He'll be pitching diet supplements soon enough.
Learn Geography: Trailerhasee/Tallahickey is East of the Apalachicola River in the Eastern Time Zone and actual panhandles don't have a big, Port St. Joe sized hump in them where you grab.

Grift:
  1. Money made dishonestly, as in a swindle.
Most places have this over the Panhandle by a sizable margin.

I'll play.

Nothing is impossible, however, I'll say it is highly unlikely FSU joins B1G.

I'll play, too.

Zero chance either FSU or Clemson end up in the B1G.

This "choice" is about far more than just TV contracts.

The economics don't come close for either of those schools in choosing anything other than the SEC

Advertisement
Learn Geography: Trailerhasee/Tallahickey is East of the Apalachicola River in the Eastern Time Zone and actual panhandles don't have a big, Port St. Joe sized hump in them where you grab

You're correct of course, but to be fair I assumed "South Florida" meant anything and everything past Daytona or Ocala til I was in my 20's.

0% chance it becomes law, at least in this session of Congress. Even with the Chairwoman of Education and Workforce backing it, pretty much ensuring it gets out of committee at some point, it’s not high on the legislative priority list. Also, even if it gets a floor vote in the House and passes, the Senate won’t take it up. They’re not gonna waste floor time on it, especially when the majority may flip in a few months. It says they’ll try to attach it as a rider (probably on an appropriations/“must pass” bill e.g, the CR they’ll need to pass in September), but the Senate would just strip it out imho.

Either way, won’t become law.
Even if it did it has no bearing on the students becoming freelance 1099 contractor - neither are “employees”

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am saying from everything I read it has Big10 written all over it ... unless the SEC is able to sway them last minute. I really hope they end up in the SEC as that opens space for Miami in the Big 10.
Opens space in the B1G or makes us their top priority?

Opens space in the B1G or makes us their top priority?
Hard to say WHO is a top priority when you don't know exactly WHO is making the decision between the media partner and the conference member presidents. As little as 9 months ago all of the scuttlebutt was "FSU & Miami" to the B10. But our chances to the B10 improve significantly with FSU / Clemson to the SEC.

The Big 10 took Rutgers because of the adjoining NY Metro market ... epic fail. New metric is VIEWERSHIP and Brand Equity. Miami scores well on brand equity ... still recognized ... but viewership has fallen off big time due to lack of winning. Right now the biggest hope for Miami getting to the B10 would be FSU / Clemson to the SEC ... that puts Miami as THE next Florida brand with viewers and viewer expansion potential in line for the B10. Lot of stars need to align. FSU / Clemson to the SEC. UNC staying in the ACC due to politics in NC. AND Miami finally demonstrating this season that they can WIN and attract viewers. If all of that happens look to Miami to be in the B10 in 2026.

It all gets more complicated for Miami if FSU somehow goes to the B10. You can speculate a half a dozen scenarios, including how the SEC reacts, and what happens to the ACC media agreement. Just gets crazy as far as potential scenarios ... either positive or negative.
Never understood this.
The area is primarily a pro sports area. Period.

Advertisement
Back