MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

TAMU + FSU to B1G?

WOW at the TAMU rumors flying

Swaim thinks B1G is only interested in AAU schools, so FSU and Clemson are out. His belief is TAMU+Notre Dame to B1G. That would be a **** of a move and I think they’d close the books after that

SEC would add FSU and Clemson, then they would be done.

Fingers crossed we could convince B1G to add UM and UNC to get two more markets.

If B1G takes 4, Sec would counter with FSU, Clemson, UVA and either GT, NC St, or VT as the 4th SEC team

Last edited:
Advertisement
TAMU + FSU to B1G?

WOW at the TAMU rumors flying

IMG_1515.jpeg

Swaim thinks B1G is only interested in AAU schools, so FSU and Clemson are out. His belief is TAMU+Notre Dame to B1G. That would be a **** of a move and I think they’d close the books after that

SEC would add FSU and Clemson, then they would be done.

Fingers crossed we could convince B1G to add UM and UNC to get two more markets.

If B1G takes 4, Sec would counter with FSU, Clemson, UVA and either GT, NC St, or VT as the 4th SEC team
So now you're saying UM is not headed to the B12?

Advertisement
So now you're saying UM is not headed to the B12?

Not what I’m saying. If Swaim is correct, I think B1G would take just the 2 teams, TAMU and ND then be done. SEC takes Clemson and FSU. We’d still be Big12 bound or in some massively watered down ACC where it brings in Tulane, UConn, and a bunch of other random teams to be a poor man’s B1G.

Advertisement
He will earn $978,904 at UCLA, representing a drop in salary. According to ProPublica’s nonprofit explorer, federal tax forms show that Frenk made more than $1.6 million as UM president in 2023.

That would seem to indicate that he was asked to leave.
Seem to remember someone saying he was only going to stay through next year at most? Is it too late for us in this current realignment round?

He will earn $978,904 at UCLA, representing a drop in salary. According to ProPublica’s nonprofit explorer, federal tax forms show that Frenk made more than $1.6 million as UM president in 2023.

Especially since Joe Echevarria is taking over IMMEDIATELY as acting president while they do a search for the next president. Told to find a job and booted the second he got one.

Not what I’m saying. If Swaim is correct, I think B1G would take just the 2 teams, TAMU and ND then be done. SEC takes Clemson and FSU. We’d still be Big12 bound or in some massively watered down ACC where it brings in Tulane, UConn, and a bunch of other random teams to be a poor man’s B1G.
Really don't see ND doing anything outside of a scheduling agreement with the B10 for the time being. Could see FSU + A&M to the B10, with UNC / UVA to the SEC. FSU and A&M would land two huge markets for the B10.

Advertisement

You don’t have to ask someone to leave if their contract is up- they don’t need to announce their departure, they’re just out of a job. Miami historically has done five-year contract for president and he started in 2015. You do the math.

That said, good information, but do you have a link to the source for the UCLA contract information @Badbart43 ?

Last edited:
Really don't see ND doing anything outside of a scheduling agreement with the B10 for the time being. Could see FSU + A&M to the B10, with UNC / UVA to the SEC. FSU and A&M would land two huge markets for the B10.
There really is no incentive for ND to join a conference. They can split their schedule between the two and make a fortune.

Advertisement
Genetics has gotten REALLY bad as far as being "anti Miami". He said recently that FOX wouldn't take Miami ... period. The list he just put out:

-Next B10 choices: FSU, ND, A&M, UNC
-Later on: Duke, Stanford, UVA, Clemson, Ga Tech, Missouri
Just to be clear: He is suggesting that the B1G will poach 2 teams from the SEC,Mizzou and TAMU.
AND, then they will add a school with no Medical School so no chance at joining the AAU, Clemson.

cute-entertainer.gif

Advertisement
Back