MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Just to be clear: He is suggesting that the B1G will poach 2 teams from the SEC,Mizzou and TAMU.
AND, then they will add a school with no Medical School so no chance at joining the AAU, Clemson.

cute-entertainer.gif
It doesn't count if you hide it behind the phrase, "This is what I'm being told."

Example:
Genetics is zoophile, specifically towards marsupials. This is what I'm being told.

Advertisement
Genetics has gotten REALLY bad as far as being "anti Miami". He said recently that FOX wouldn't take Miami ... period. The list he just put out:

-Next B10 choices: FSU, ND, A&M, UNC
-Later on: Duke, Stanford, UVA, Clemson, Ga Tech, Missouri
Maybe because I told him to go **** himself on 20 different Twitter accounts at this point

Advertisement
Echevarria needs to get us to B10 or SEC asap.
Knowing what I know about Frenk, and the little I know about Echevarria + reading up on him, he seems like a guy that would be wayyyyyy more aggressive in confronting problems. Frenk wasn't confrontational, and was more willing to let problems play themselves out. Echevarria doesn't come across to me as a guy who's complacent or non-confrontational. You don't become the CEO of Deloitte or do what he's done without the stomach to do whatever it takes to get what you want.

Genetics has gotten REALLY bad as far as being "anti Miami". He said recently that FOX wouldn't take Miami ... period. The list he just put out:

Ok. Swaim isn’t worse than genetics. Goodness.

Advertisement

He also said our academics turned off Big Ten presidents in the same tweet. The same Big Ten presidents who voted Miami into the AAU. And right as a Big Ten school announced the hiring of our president.

Swaim is basically college football Alex jones. Never listen to a word he says

Alex Jones literally predicted 9/11 a couple months in advance (and not some vague Nostradamus type stuff- pretty much on the nose), so perhaps not everything is complete nonsense.

He also said our academics turned off Big Ten presidents in the same tweet. The same Big Ten presidents who voted Miami into the AAU. And right as a Big Ten school announced the hiring of our president.
I was highly skeptical of him for a very long time, but I was convinced he was a grifter and clown when he put out that long post on UM athletics and our financial situation. 95% of the info in that post was a crock of ****, and even worse was him saying that he’d become aware of it because he’d been informed by FSU fans.

Classic case of a guy that had some information at a point, ran out of it, extrapolates whatever’s out there now, throws something at the wall to see if it sticks, and does whatever it takes to farm engagement (e.g., becoming an FSU die hard).

Never saw the comment regarding UM academics ... that is total BS. Even with having fallen in the academic rankings Miami is still ranked higher than 5 or more B10 schools. I thought 100% of his "disdain" was due to "being enlightened by FSU fans regarding Miami's lack of fan support at the stadium, and lack of on campus stadium". PLUS Miami voted after the fact for the ACC ratification of the suit against FSU (along with Ga Tech, Duke, and UVA ... schools he believes the B10 will take ahead of Miami).

Advertisement
I was highly skeptical of him for a very long time, but I was convinced he was a grifter and clown when he put out that long post on UM athletics and our financial situation. 95% of the info in that post was a crock of ****, and even worse was him saying that he’d become aware of it because he’d been informed by FSU fans.

Classic case of a guy that had some information at a point, ran out of it, extrapolates whatever’s out there now, throws something at the wall to see if it sticks, and does whatever it takes to farm engagement (e.g., becoming an FSU die hard).
Agree. I don't think he's completely full of ****, but he isn't smart enough to know when his "sources" are using him to spread propoganda nor is he above regurgitating the same nonsense to appease his followers and get seen on twitter. He's fallen in love with himself on Twitter/X, and can't imagine not being the guy to his new best buds from Trailerhassee.

Alex Jones literally predicted 9/11 a couple months in advance (and not some vague Nostradamus type stuff- pretty much on the nose), so perhaps not everything is complete nonsense.
Actually after the attack he said it was a Bush Administration staged terror attack.
In other words a inside job.
Rave On Alex.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One obvious (to me) power move that I haven't seen discussed is for the SEC to backdoor 9 or 10 ACC schools, which is enough to abolish the ACC without any monetary damages. Take everybody from the Virginias and Louisville south, and the SEC becomes THE conference with complete control of its' territory. Somewhere around 26-28 members with lots of synergies, powerful programs in men's and women's basketball, softball, baseball ( this year's 8-team CWS has 4 each from the ACC and SEC...nobody else ). This is where all of those ACC teams belong, including us. Not the BIG.

The BIG would be caught having to play catch-up with more former PAC 12 teams and the northern ACC castaways.

Advertisement
Back