MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

CANES FAN getting under generous skin

He genuinely doesn’t know a thing about what we’re doing or not doing. It’s all projection and extrapolation with him.

Also, he hates that we’re one of the few fan bases that - by and large - routinely tells him to go **** himself. He tried to ingratiate himself with us early and we told him to beat it.

Advertisement
The lid on information is closed tight. Nobody from Miami is talking at all and other than some anonymous dude on Twitter, nobody else is either, at the schools or in the media. We only know the public moves. Those are the lawsuits, the votes against adding Stanford et al, and the votes against suing FSU. We also have some actions from the NC legislature. UM has some other problems, none of which are insurmountable. From my perspective our hopes at joining the big 10 in the next wave (say for the 2027 season or earlier) relies on things we can’t control. The things we can control I hope we are. I have little confidence in Rad, but this move is led by his boss anyway. It would be nice to see a sign that gives us some hope.

Don’t be surprised if they have done the math and realize the Big 10 is unlikely. The SEC is also a better fit in some ways. You only need to burn the building if you are headed to the Big 10. You want to play nice with ESPN if you think the SEC is your avenue out.

Last edited:
He child ... re "plagiarizing" ... first of all ... you haven't made any proclamations or statements of any substance that anybody would "plagiarize" and secondly ... if you check out P. 951, post #19005 where I mention that due to the SEC likely not being interested IN Miami, our only option is the B10 and in the event nothing happens re Miami AND ESPN blows up the media agreement "then Squids option of the B12 might be worth looking into" or words to that effect. Nobody is taking "your material". Conyo!!

Is Bull**** Mountain near Suck Balls Mountain? Are they both in the Fuqtardo Mountain Range?

IMG_2711.jpeg

He child ... re "plagiarizing" ... first of all ... you haven't made any proclamations or statements of any substance that anybody would "plagiarize" and secondly ... if you check out P. 951, post #19005 where I mention that due to the SEC likely not being interested IN Miami, our only option is the B10 and in the event nothing happens re Miami AND ESPN blows up the media agreement "then Squids option of the B12 might be worth looking into" or words to that effect. Nobody is taking "your material". Conyo!!
I always thought the Big 10 was a better fit for us, but the more I know, the more I think the SEC is. That is unless they make a move at the last minute and take FSU. Reading the tea leaves it seems like FSU is headed to the Big 10, likely with UNC.

Advertisement
I always thought the Big 10 was a better fit for us, but the more I know, the more I think the SEC is. That is unless they make a move at the last minute and take FSU. Reading the tea leaves it seems like FSU is headed to the Big 10, likely with UNC.
Sure seems like FSU is headed to the Big 10 and I hope Clemson ends up in the SEC ... that might leave a spot for Miami in the B10 at partial share just to get in, in this next move. I don't see the SEC ever taking Miami. Again, hope that UNC is at least temporarily stuck in the ACC due to NC politics and that leaves Miami as the next B10 addition. Should be finding out where FSU is headed fairly soon.

The FSU board (Warchant) right now is alive with Noles commenting that they hope Miami is left out of the P2 because ... "if Miami gets in, with the financial backing that they have they will lock up recruiting in South Florida and become a real problem".

Sure seems like FSU is headed to the Big 10 and I hope Clemson ends up in the SEC ... that might leave a spot for Miami in the B10 at partial share just to get in, in this next move. I don't see the SEC ever taking Miami. Again, hope that UNC is at least temporarily stuck in the ACC due to NC politics and that leaves Miami as the next B10 addition. Should be finding out where FSU is headed fairly soon.

The FSU board (Warchant) right now is alive with Noles commenting that they hope Miami is left out of the P2 because ... "if Miami gets in, with the financial backing that they have they will lock up recruiting in South Florida and become a real problem".
south park beat a dead horse GIF

That’s a far cry from our fans here that want FSU to travel with us for the rivalry…

Have we started to blame ESPN yet vs ourselves for this predicament?

Advertisement

It kills me that you think these "insiders" from a FSU message board know anything.

Advertisement
It kills me that you think these "insiders" from a FSU message board know anything.
It "kills" you to think that somebody close to FSU program administration or close to media involved with the FSU program ... one of the two schools that is aggressively trying to get out of the ACC ... might actually know something about what is happening? That's on you. Do people on Canesingsight have confidence in "inside" information relayed by Cribby? By DMoney? Just because the comments are from an FSU message board member doesn't mean they are 100% devoid of any foundation.

So to take YOUR view then ... FSU isn't getting out of the ACC? Is that your position? If it is, I disagree 100%.

Well, they knew the GOR wasn't ironclad, so they've got that going for them.
Hey, you have to give credit where credit is due. This time last year the entire universe believed that the ESPN media agreement ran through June 2036. It wasn't until the FSU attorney's did their due diligence reviewing the "hidden" document at ACC HQ in Charlotte that the information was disseminated that the CURRENT ESPN media agreement runs only through June 30, 2027. It wasn't until that same review by both FSU & Clemson attorneys that the information began to be circulated regarding the "option to extend" the media agreement a). having expired in January 2021 and b). having been UNILATERALLY EXTENDED by the ACC president in August 2021 until 2/25.

So instead of looking at "being locked in" to the ACC until 2036 we are realistically looking at 2027 as being the "worst case" commitment at present. THEN the information that has been leaked regarding the ESPN media agreement ... that apparently states "this agreement remains in effect only as long as the institution remains a member of the conference" ... meaning that ESPN has the right to broadcast an ACC member's games ONLY while they are in the ACC conference. Once you leave ... you leave WITH YOUR FUTURE MEDIA RIGHTS. This is a 180 degree turn on the BELIEFS that were held by virtually everyone until FSU launched their legal action. NOW the belief is ... you can leave when you want WITH your future media rights 100% in tact ... only having to pay the ACC exit fee (which should be negotiable as with Maryland). The ONLY thing keeping members IN the ACC currently, not filing to get out, is the specter of not having a suitable landing place in the P2.

My hope is that the UM administration IS doing something back channel, and that the UM brand is not viewed with such current disdain by the networks due to the past 20 years of national irrelevance, that we CAN get an invite to the Big 10, at least at a partial share, and get out WITH FSU. Now.

Advertisement
Hey, you have to give credit where credit is due. This time last year the entire universe believed that the ESPN media agreement ran through June 2036. It wasn't until the FSU attorney's did their due diligence reviewing the "hidden" document at ACC HQ in Charlotte that the information was disseminated that the CURRENT ESPN media agreement runs only through June 30, 2027. It wasn't until that same review by both FSU & Clemson attorneys that the information began to be circulated regarding the "option to extend" the media agreement a). having expired in January 2021 and b). having been UNILATERALLY EXTENDED by the ACC president in August 2021 until 2/25.

So instead of looking at "being locked in" to the ACC until 2036 we are realistically looking at 2027 as being the "worst case" commitment at present. THEN the information that has been leaked regarding the ESPN media agreement ... that apparently states "this agreement remains in effect only as long as the institution remains a member of the conference" ... meaning that ESPN has the right to broadcast an ACC member's games ONLY while they are in the ACC conference. Once you leave ... you leave WITH YOUR FUTURE MEDIA RIGHTS. This is a 180 degree turn on the BELIEFS that were held by virtually everyone until FSU launched their legal action. NOW the belief is ... you can leave when you want WITH your future media rights 100% in tact ... only having to pay the ACC exit fee (which should be negotiable as with Maryland). The ONLY thing keeping members IN the ACC currently, not filing to get out, is the specter of not having a suitable landing place in the P2.

My hope is that the UM administration IS doing something back channel, and that the UM brand is not viewed with such current disdain by the networks due to the past 20 years of national irrelevance, that we CAN get an invite to the Big 10, at least at a partial share, and get out WITH FSU. Now.
At least 3 teams ahead of us in the pecking order on the way out of the ACC are playing in Omaha so our admin isn't distracted with such a thing and can keep working in the shadows!!!

Advertisement
Back