MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

The 3 wise men and their Miami cult will navigate us through the biggest time with Mario, Zo and Rad.... we were told, when we were also told Miami now really cares about sports...

Disaster so far.
Rainbow You Are Gay GIF

Advertisement
Apology my *** .... you're way too sensitive. Your troll comments were just that ... saying Miami would still be in the ACC in 2033. Bull****. Miami will end up in the Big 10 ... eventually ... and timing is the issue. PLAGIARIZED?? Get the **** out of here.

If their goal is geographic expansion FIRST then filling in with a 2nd team, in states where there is room, later, Miami might not have a shot at a P2 spot until 2030.

So claiming UM might still be in the ACC through 2030 is totally fine because you said it, but me saying UM might still be in the ACC in 2033 is trolling.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Oh and it’s especially hilarious because months ago you said UM would be in the P2 by 2026, then you said it would be 2028 when you were pushing the nonsense about the GOR ending in 2027, and now it’s 2030. At this rate, by this time next year you will be saying 2053 and patting yourself on the back for having the super secret info (which is actually just paraphrasing stuff I said earlier or you re-posting comments from Warchant). And let me be clear, I don’t care if you are peddling nonsense, that’s you right to do on a fan website, but I do care when you decide to crown yourself as the King of Bullsh!t Mountain and insult others for interpreting the same information differently.

Rowdy Roddy Piper Pipers Pit GIF

Last edited:
Food for thought. Has the P2 overplayed its hand in regard to the payout and representation agreement with the updated NCAA playoff?

It is amazing how various anti-trust suits brought against the NCAA by those representing student-athletes along with pressure from the U.S. House of Reps got the NCAA to settle and agree to unprecedented revenue sharing and the payment of past damages in the amount of almost $3B.

With that being said, how long until disgruntled NCAA member schools left out of the P2 do the same? Yes, each conference signed on to the new playoff payout structure, but we've seen conferences do not always enter into agreements with the full backing of their members (ahem, FSU and Clemson).

The Power 5 were able to do what they pleased with the Group of 5 schools because at the end of the day, they had the numbers. 68 schools. Now you've got the P2, with a total of 34 schools now getting the postseason heavily tilted to their favor. How long till the 34 non-P2, former Power 5 schools start to go ape **** and sue? How many senators and reps from Oklahoma, Florida (if FSU can't get out), SC (if Clemson can't get out), Pennsylvania, California, Oregon, and Washington are dealing with ****ed off constituent alumni from the 2nd largest schools in their states not making the list? Not to mention those in NC, NY, Mass, Arizona, and Utah where none of their schools made it.

Could that be what it takes to get the former Power 5 schools to actually work together again? Maybe the 34 P2 schools would then break away and form their own league like they threatened before. Would that work? I know I'm not watching a league without Miami in it and I imagine many other fans wouldn't as well.

The 3 wise men and their Miami cult will navigate us through the biggest time with Mario, Zo and Rad.... we were told, when we were also told Miami now really cares about sports...

Disaster so far.
Very sad.

Zo is gone and didn't help much.
Rad has actually been a non factor.
And Mario has been a disappointment where it matters the most, W/L record.

Advertisement
Miami Metro area has a larger population than ALL of South Carolina.

South Florida (Tampa down to Miami) has a population almost as big as ALL of North Carolina and bigger than ALL of Virginia.

Carriage fees are important but so are households/viewers.
The Big 10 took Rutgers because of the adjoining NY Metro market ... epic fail. New metric is VIEWERSHIP and Brand Equity. Miami scores well on brand equity ... still recognized ... but viewership has fallen off big time due to lack of winning. Right now the biggest hope for Miami getting to the B10 would be FSU / Clemson to the SEC ... that puts Miami as THE next Florida brand with viewers and viewer expansion potential in line for the B10. Lot of stars need to align. FSU / Clemson to the SEC. UNC staying in the ACC due to politics in NC. AND Miami finally demonstrating this season that they can WIN and attract viewers. If all of that happens look to Miami to be in the B10 in 2026.

It all gets more complicated for Miami if FSU somehow goes to the B10. You can speculate a half a dozen scenarios, including how the SEC reacts, and what happens to the ACC media agreement. Just gets crazy as far as potential scenarios ... either positive or negative.

Miami Metro area has a larger population than ALL of South Carolina.

South Florida (Tampa down to Miami) has a population almost as big as ALL of North Carolina and bigger than ALL of Virginia.

Carriage fees are important but so are households/viewers.

Linked an article about it a couple pages back (here's another: carriage fees slowly fading away) but the significance has greatly declined with the onset of streaming -- and they won't be coming back, either.

It's pretty much all about eyeballs at this point.

We've been scuffling along for two decades, but when Herbstreit and others say 'It's good for College Football when Miami is successful" that tells you the Canes are still a brand with inherent value

Advertisement
So claiming UM might still be in the ACC through 2030 is totally fine because you said it, but me saying UM might still be in the ACC in 2033 is trolling.

Oh and it’s especially hilarious because months ago you said UM would be in the P2 by 2026, then you said it would be 2028 when you were pushing the nonsense about the GOR ending in 2027, and now it’s 2030. At this rate, by this time next year you will be saying 2053 and patting yourself on the back for having the super secret info (which is actually just paraphrasing stuff I said earlier or you re-posting comments from Warchant). And let me be clear, I don’t care if you are peddling nonsense, that’s you right to do on a fan website, but I do care when you decide to crown yourself as the King of Bullsh!t Mountain and insult others for interpreting the same information differently.

No the CURRENT media agreement and GOR run through June 30, 2027. Understand ... the CURRENT media commitment from ESPN and therefore the CURRENT limit of the GOR ... which was established SPECIFICALLY TO SUPPORT THE ESPN MEDIA AGREEMENT.

The issue with Miami isn't the term of the GOR ... the issue with Miami is WHEN they will get an invite to the Big 10. The only one having difficulty is YOU as you are trying to pat yourself on the back as being the "realignment whisperer".

Everybody else is simply reporting on what RUMORS / scuttlebutt they are hearing from other sources, and discussing the relative merits of each "theoretical option". Try to keep up and not change narratives to fit your personal agenda.

As far as WHO is closest to what is happening regarding the FSU status / situation ... I would give the nod to 3-4 individuals on Warchant who are either close to individuals inside the FSU administration or one in particular who started the Conference Realignment thread on Warchant in October 2022. The only detail that they are all in agreement on is that FSU will be announcing before August 15, 2024, and there is still debate on which P2 destination is the one.

It is probably 60/40 currently in favor of the B10. Most have the view that if it is FSU to the B10 ... then Miami is screwed possibly until the next Big 10 media agreement .... which is 2030. I am not speculating ANYTHING ... I am simply commenting in this thread the rumors that I hear ... from the individuals I believe have the most solid information from their environment.

One of them stated just over a week ago that he was told that ESPN was negotiating with FSU / ACC to either get FSU to the SEC or worst case to the B10, but maintaining broadcast rights (and paying FSU), and if the ACC would agree, then ESPN would agree to extend the current media agreement at the current rate through June 2036, to enable the ACC to keep the conference in tact. If the ACC did not agree, then they would invoke the composition clause, blow up the current media agreement, and "facilitate" the movement of other ACC schools to the SEC.

If the later situation actually happened, there might then be a skeleton ACC conference remaining, and in that situation the option that you had mentioned of the B12, might be the best $$$ option for Miami for several years, IF Miami were unable to get into the B10 at a partial share.

The only thing clear at this point is that FSU looks to be heading out the door, location not confirmed, followed by Clemson, and from there nobody has any idea what will actually happen TO the ACC in the short term, or to Miami.

Advertisement
I saw Mike ness KICK the **** out of a skinhead in the middle of a social DISTORTION show in Philadelphia at the ELECTRIC factory then jump back on that stage and jump right into THAT song.
If not mistaken, that is a somewhat infamous event in Social D/Mike Ness lore...he's fun sized too.

Seen them (and him solo) maybe a dozen times. Great shows.

Now I've been listening to Social D/Mike Ness all day...

Last edited:

Is Bull**** Mountain near Suck Balls Mountain? Are they both in the Fuqtardo Mountain Range?

Advertisement
Back