MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Not sure if ANY of the P2 realignment issues are IN Miami hands. The SEC is already IN Florida. The B10 only NEEDS one school in Florida in order to achieve ... geographic presence and Carriage Fees ( projected between $60-100M). If their goal is geographic expansion FIRST then filling in with a 2nd team, in states where there is room, later, Miami might not have a shot at a P2 spot until 2030.
****. FSU was right the whole time, and we aren't fighting to get out because we have no where to go and are not even second fiddle... Sad

5 years behind FSU to the B1G would be absolutely atrocious for our sports programs and University.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would've been helpful if Mario didn't **** the bed the past 2 years
The 3 wise men and their Miami cult will navigate us through the biggest time with Mario, Zo and Rad.... we were told, when we were also told Miami now really cares about sports...

Disaster so far.

First of all ... this is a discussion board right? Secondly, if you check as many sources that are available online, other boards including other Canes boards plus Big 10 boards and SEC boards, you will eventually come across some individuals that do have contacts with conference officials, member university officials, or both, and their comments tend to carry a bit more weight than "some kid from WVU". Everything I have read from people that I believe have some legitimacy regarding trends / potential changes in both P2 conferences coincides with UNC being a program coveted by BOTH conferences for a variety of reasons), and being more meaningful for geographic consolidation reasons to the SEC.

The UNC situation becomes more complicated due to State legislature interest and UNC's unique position as a charter member of the ACC.
So, you think some posters from rival message boards that have contacts with officials making these decisions are distributing factual information???

There are people on this board with amazing contacts within UM. They are given information from trustworthy sources all the time. Sometimes that information is factual and sometimes it is not. It does however always serve the needs of the person giving away the information. Conference realignment is no different my friend. Not everybody with amazing sources is being feed truthful information. Billions of dollars are at stake. The information trickling out from legitimate sources is self serving. Do you at least concede that point?

Be like @The Franchise. Instead …

Plane Airport GIF by APM
1717869635969.gif

So, you think some posters from rival message boards that have contacts with officials making these decisions are distributing factual information???

There are people on this board with amazing contacts within UM. They are given information from trustworthy sources all the time. Sometimes that information is factual and sometimes it is not. It does however always serve the needs of the person giving away the information. Conference realignment is no different my friend. Not everybody with amazing sources is being feed truthful information. Billions of dollars are at stake. The information trickling out from legitimate sources is self serving. Do you at least concede that point?
Not every comment “trickling” out is necessarily self serving. Believe what you want.

Advertisement
Not every comment “trickling” out is necessarily self serving. Believe what you want.
I always have no matter the consequences. I question the legitimacy of your sources and the intentions of those behind said sources. I think that is a 100% fair assessment.

I always have no matter the consequences. I question the legitimacy of your sources and the intentions of those behind said sources. I think that is a 100% fair assessment.
Not every individual sharing information with people on their own board has 3D chess intent - sometimes it is as simple as a very trusted and highly regarded poster sharing news with friends.

Not every individual sharing information with people on their own board has 3D chess intent - sometimes it is as simple as a very trusted and highly regarded poster sharing news with friends.
On that, we can agree my friend.

Not sure if ANY of the P2 realignment issues are IN Miami hands. The SEC is already IN Florida. The B10 only NEEDS one school in Florida in order to achieve ... geographic presence and Carriage Fees ( projected between $60-100M). If their goal is geographic expansion FIRST then filling in with a 2nd team, in states where there is room, later, Miami might not hav at a P2 spot until 2030.
The environment to get carriage is much different now than it was the last time these conferences expanded. I don't think you get carriage in South Florida right away with FSU. You'll get Tampa and Orlando that's it, then fans will have to beg their carriers to add it farther south. If you want guaranteed carriage in the South Florida tri county area you add Miami.

B10 had no problem adding both USC and UCLA to make sure they get SoCal.

Advertisement

We see it here all the time....

Thing about Miami having a spot in the SEC or the B1G is I’ve seen nothing to prove they want to leave the ACC….Now could they be working behind the scenes? maybe but if they are this might be the best kept secret since the invention of social media….

All I’ve seen is that with every vote Miami has sided with the ACC and has made no move whatsoever publicly to show they want to go elsewhere.Maybe the powers that be have checked and found out Miami doesn’t have a landing spot at least not in the foreseeable future and is doing it’s best to save what will be left of the ACC when/if FSU and Clemson go.

I know there’s guys on here that feel like we are a lock to get picked up by one if the P2’s and I hope that’s true but until I see at least a hint that RAD and anyone else that has a say in this gives at least a hint that we are going elsewhere I’m going to figure we will be an ACC member for a while.

The environment to get carriage is much different now than it was the last time these conferences expanded. I don't think you get carriage in South Florida right away with FSU. You'll get Tampa and Orlando that's it, then fans will have to beg their carriers to add it farther south. If you want guaranteed carriage in the South Florida tri county area you add Miami.

Well a media guy posted a different take ... that was that FSU to the B10 WILL give FOX carriage fees for the state and that Miami was NOT additive to carriage fees. The B10 adding USC and UCLA was not a "carriage fee" decision so much as adding schools to their "Western Division" for travel purposes.

Advertisement
Quite honestly, I think @Rickd is correct. We've known we're not at the top of the list and I don't think it's negative to point that out.

The question is if/how we can move up in that pecking order. When I look at the Big 10, I see us over Clemson because of academics, AAU and research. I also see us over UNC because of the drama with NC ST and the entire state government/ university system debacle. Also, the rivalries we could renew that would draw plenty of eyes. There is nothing we can do to gain consideration in the SEC. Even our pedigree doesn't help there.

Our best strategy is to keep positive news going out and win.
I don't think it's a factor. That conference now has teams from all over the country, with completely different fanbases, with no rhyme or reason.

The only consideration of the Big 10 is money. The question is whether that league sees us as more lucrative than the next competitor.

Advertisement
Are you really trying to DUNK abt a season with a Rutgers loss and a kneeL. ?

Last year was a LOSING season. Take your MORAL victories elsewhere. It’s below the U standard.

Look, genius, you can't just define words the way you want to define them. "Below the U standard"....

Get the **** out of here with your bull****. Admit that you ****ed up and take your loss.

I'm dunking on your stupidity, not the outcome of the season. You got caught, now just shut up.

Exactly what everyone saying Miami will **** this up is basing their takes on... repeated examples of our own failures in one way or another...

No, that's just the excuse that mopers use. It's just you using an apples-oranges comparison to justify your incessant negative posts.

Look, genius, you can't just define words the way you want to define them. "Below the U standard"....

Get the **** out of here with your bull****. Admit that you ****ed up and take your loss.

I'm dunking on your stupidity, not the outcome of the season. You got caught, now just shut up.

Yeah… I was wrong.

Keep living on the LAURELES of a 7 win seasons IDGAF to remember.

Don’t be LOSER MADE. I’ll take nine straight losing seasons for one ACC CHAMPIONSHIP. some of you would take fifty atraight SEVEN WIN seasons to say “oh we haven’t had a losing season in a half decade”

That’s why we don’t ADVANCE. Let’s talk minimum 10 win seasons. Nothing else MATTERS. Keep the loser STATS for chats between GA Tech and WF alum

This is all complicated and people keep making understandable semantics mistakes here, but the Big Ten network was all over California before those schools left for the big ten - the same thing with the SEC network (and for me at least the accn ). So they have all been getting some degree of carriage fees unless the provider only had them as an all carte option. The sec network in particular has usually received carriage at just a slight level behind espn2 due to their overall deals and usually in their basic or basic sports package tier add on

They do though get a bump up in their fees (for the most part) when a school comes into a state they weren’t in before. it’s just not like they’re trying to get the network on most cable systems -they already are and even acc network has pretty good distro for the same reason- espn bundles

The pac12 network on the other hand …. Even in their home schools markets …

life fail GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back