MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Why raise a red flag?

When the time comes, UM can go from supporting Jim Phillips and the ACC to "doing what we need to do in the best interests of the University of Miami."

Like Texas A&M and Missouri did.

Like Oklahoma and Texas did.

Like UCLA and USC did.

Like UW and Oregon did.

And so on
The reality is that you’re “in” until you’re not. As far as I’m concerned everyone not named FSU and Clemson voted to sue, including other realignment candidates supposedly in front of us. UNC seems to have gotten out of it via a technicality

Advertisement
Guys… AUGUST is less than TWO mth AWAY.

We have to friggin SUE and announce out already. Enough procrastinating and playing 8d CHESS. Otherwise another year in this **** conference.

Say what you want about us, but we haven't had back to back losing seasons since the 70's. FSU had 4 in a row (2018-2021) and UF has had 3 in a row (2021-2023 and counting).

we JUST did? 2022 and 2023.

Advertisement
Guys… AUGUST is less than TWO mth AWAY.

We have to friggin SUE and announce out already. Enough procrastinating and playing 8d CHESS. Otherwise another year in this **** conference.
Prepare yourself emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

Pain is coming.

xUOxfaf1rnyLarVI7S.gif

I should quit this thread. I’m not sure why I keep opening it up. There is never new information with real substance. It’s always more speculation. It’s almost always more speculation from non Miami sources. Information is usually from our rivals fans and surprisingly always puts us in a bad spot. I get it. It is a shame we aren’t the ones suing the ACC. However, I still find it hard to believe we are the 7th most desirable brand in the conference. I find it even harder to believe that some of you all believe it and will argue that point as well.

One thing I don't get is if Miami was part of the Magnificent Seven .... actively seeking a way out of the ACC ... why would Miami vote retroactively to approve the ACC's law suit against FSU? At the very least just abstain.

IMG_2710.jpeg

Looks like I was right yet again. So much for “inaccurate information” or “pushing a narrative”.

Sometimes it takes years to be vindicated, this time it only took around 3 months.

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Advertisement
A lot of if and should not have on that list with that list you made has a lot actually dids…..not going back and forth with you cause I have no chance with your brilliance on a keyboard I’ll just say us winning now and winning big will help our position…peace out ✌🏼

It's all good.

What I'm pointing out is very simple. In contrast to the people who say "we've sucked for 20+ years, we are irrelevant", I've shown the true pattern. We have been fragile enough that minor setbacks ruin very talented teams and very optimistic seasons.

The 2005 season is one that still bugs me, as the GaTech game was rescheduled due to a hurricane and then fell the week of the Seventh Floor Crew scandal. Otherwise, only the 3-point loss to F$U is our one regular season blemish.

But there were also a bunch of 9-win seasons that coulda/woulda/shoulda been 10. Shannon got to a 9-win season before slipping backwards. Same with Golden. Same with Manny (asterisk, 8-wins in a COVID-shortened season).

And if not for Richt's issues with Parkinson's, we might have had our return to greatness sooner.

So to act as if we have not made any impact for 20 years misses the point of Miami being ranked in many of those years, and the team being very close to being "back" again under every single coach, before slipping downward once more each time we start to hit our potential.

The consistent repetition of hope followed by failure has been the most infuriating aspect.

I should quit this thread. I’m not sure why I keep opening it up. There is never new information with real substance. It’s always more speculation. It’s almost always more speculation from non Miami sources. Information is usually from our rivals fans and surprisingly always puts us in a bad spot. I get it. It is a shame we aren’t the ones suing the ACC. However, I still find it hard to believe we are the 7th most desirable brand in the conference. I find it even harder to believe that some of you all believe it and will argue that point as well.

We may not be the 7th most desirable program in the conference. But we’re not first or 2nd, and therein lies the problem. We’re not getting spots 19 or 20 in the B1G, and then that conference is locked for several years. Not forever, but years. Meaning the only option is the SEC. It’s possible, but kind of running out of outs here.

Say what you want about us, but we haven't had back to back losing seasons since the 70's. FSU had 4 in a row (2018-2021) and UF has had 3 in a row (2021-2023 and counting).
I’m going to go ahead and pencil in UF for 4 in a row.
Scratch that, not pencil, permanent marker, I’m that confident!
Heck, might as well go with 5, and 6 while we are at it!

Advertisement
We may not be the 7th most desirable program in the conference. But we’re not first or 2nd, and therein lies the problem. We’re not getting spots 19 or 20 in the B1G, and then that conference is locked for several years. Not forever, but years. Meaning the only option is the SEC. It’s possible, but kind of running out of outs here.
I think this is the hardest thing for people to understand. There are not unlimited spots on the lifeboats and its not likely, barring a complete ACC disintegration similar to the Pac12, that the Big10 takes more than 2 prior to 2030. Its a math game. Optimism is fine, but denying whats right in front of your eyes is blind fanaticism.

OB5bpyZFB1v56WeKLS.gif

PmM5N1ggYOVHVr3Jnz.gif

Advertisement
There are different criteria for "desirability". The SEC places a huge premium on major state universities in the historic Battle Flag states ... therefore UNC and UVA are of significant importance. Plus, they already have the State of Florida with UF and have other "needs" to fill. Several threads have been started on other boards regarding the SEC interest in solidifying their level of basketball competitiveness and have an interest in Kansas, UNC and Duke for that reason.

There are different criteria for "desirability". The SEC places a huge premium on major state universities in the historic Battle Flag states ... therefore UNC and UVA are of significant importance. Plus, they already have the State of Florida with UF and have other "needs" to fill. Several threads have been started on other boards regarding the SEC interest in solidifying their level of basketball competitiveness and have an interest in Kansas, UNC and Duke for that reason.
The SEC isn't taking Kansas nor Duke and UNC isn't sinking the ACC ship.

The SEC isn't taking Kansas nor Duke and UNC isn't sinking the ACC ship.
Everybody has opinions and at this point that's all they are. Outside of Sankey and Petiti nobody knows the actual direction the conferences will take. The only smoke blowing at this moment is the "FSU / Clemson" to the B10 but that might be smoke ... screen as well.

Everybody has opinions and at this point that's all they are. Outside of Sankey and Petiti nobody knows the actual direction the conferences will take. The only smoke blowing at this moment is the "FSU / Clemson" to the B10 but that might be smoke ... screen as well.

Well they’re not suing their current league to go nowhere 😂

Advertisement
Back