MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
It's all good.

What I'm pointing out is very simple. In contrast to the people who say "we've sucked for 20+ years, we are irrelevant", I've shown the true pattern. We have been fragile enough that minor setbacks ruin very talented teams and very optimistic seasons.

The 2005 season is one that still bugs me, as the GaTech game was rescheduled due to a hurricane and then fell the week of the Seventh Floor Crew scandal. Otherwise, only the 3-point loss to F$U is our one regular season blemish.

But there were also a bunch of 9-win seasons that coulda/woulda/shoulda been 10. Shannon got to a 9-win season before slipping backwards. Same with Golden. Same with Manny (asterisk, 8-wins in a COVID-shortened season).

And if not for Richt's issues with Parkinson's, we might have had our return to greatness sooner.

So to act as if we have not made any impact for 20 years misses the point of Miami being ranked in many of those years, and the team being very close to being "back" again under every single coach, before slipping downward once more each time we start to hit our potential.

The consistent repetition of hope followed by failure has been the most infuriating aspect.
I know we’re good. We go back a long way and you know I don’t get into digging heals and back and forth with people trying to prove a point.Everyone has an opinion whether it matches mine or not and I’m good with that.I understand what you were trying to say my only thing was comparing us to a lot of teams that have played and won. some multiple times,in their leagues CG or even played in the CFP .

I just hope we don’t get left behind in the ACC but I don’t have a lot of confidence in RAD in all this.I know the guys that are supposed to be in the know say we won’t or at least are confident we won’t so I’m hoping they’re right.

Have a great weekend my man.

There are different criteria for "desirability". The SEC places a huge premium on major state universities in the historic Battle Flag states ... therefore UNC and UVA are of significant importance. Plus, they already have the State of Florida with UF and have other "needs" to fill. Several threads have been started on other boards regarding the SEC interest in solidifying their level of basketball competitiveness and have an interest in Kansas, UNC and Duke for that reason.
I don’t mean to be rude, but how do you KNOW this information? It seems like you are just going by what others are speculating about. Those people likely root for another team. Those people also could be shills for the Big Ten or SEC. You know, making Miami appear less valuable is good for their objectives, but not ours. Anyway, it just feels weird when you are stating some of this stuff as fact, when it’s likely just **** someone that roots for WVU throws on a wall.

1717859030448.gif

Advertisement
I don’t mean to be rude, but how do you KNOW this information? It seems like you are just going by what others are speculating about. Those people likely root for another team. Those people also could be shills for the Big Ten or SEC. You know, making Miami appear less valuable is good for their objectives, but not ours. Anyway, it just feels weird when you are stating some of this stuff as fact, when it’s likely just **** someone that roots for WVU throws on a wall.
First of all ... this is a discussion board right? Secondly, if you check as many sources that are available online, other boards including other Canes boards plus Big 10 boards and SEC boards, you will eventually come across some individuals that do have contacts with conference officials, member university officials, or both, and their comments tend to carry a bit more weight than "some kid from WVU". Everything I have read from people that I believe have some legitimacy regarding trends / potential changes in both P2 conferences coincides with UNC being a program coveted by BOTH conferences for a variety of reasons), and being more meaningful for geographic consolidation reasons to the SEC.

The UNC situation becomes more complicated due to State legislature interest and UNC's unique position as a charter member of the ACC.

Everybody has opinions and at this point that's all they are. Outside of Sankey and Petiti nobody knows the actual direction the conferences will take. The only smoke blowing at this moment is the "FSU / Clemson" to the B10 but that might be smoke ... screen as well.
Exactly .... so why did you post that in the first place?

Advertisement
Are you really trying to DUNK abt a season with a Rutgers loss and a kneeL. ?

Last year was a LOSING season. Take your MORAL victories elsewhere. It’s below the U standard.
You are what your record says you are right, RIGHT !?!?

7 is greater than 6….right. RIGHT. It really is that simple, no moral victories needed.

Last edited:
This thread HAS TO get to 1000 pages before FSU announces. Their Warchant thread is almost 2300 pages already ... we need to catch up.
Yea but there’s only so much to do in a trailer park so all they have to do in their lives is post on that thread…..

Advertisement
I should quit this thread. I’m not sure why I keep opening it up. There is never new information with real substance. It’s always more speculation. It’s almost always more speculation from non Miami sources. Information is usually from our rivals fans and surprisingly always puts us in a bad spot. I get it. It is a shame we aren’t the ones suing the ACC. However, I still find it hard to believe we are the 7th most desirable brand in the conference. I find it even harder to believe that some of you all believe it and will argue that point as well.
Be like @The Franchise. Instead …

Plane Airport GIF by APM

It's all good.

What I'm pointing out is very simple. In contrast to the people who say "we've sucked for 20+ years, we are irrelevant", I've shown the true pattern. We have been fragile enough that minor setbacks ruin very talented teams and very optimistic seasons.

The 2005 season is one that still bugs me, as the GaTech game was rescheduled due to a hurricane and then fell the week of the Seventh Floor Crew scandal. Otherwise, only the 3-point loss to F$U is our one regular season blemish.

But there were also a bunch of 9-win seasons that coulda/woulda/shoulda been 10. Shannon got to a 9-win season before slipping backwards. Same with Golden. Same with Manny (asterisk, 8-wins in a COVID-shortened season).

And if not for Richt's issues with Parkinson's, we might have had our return to greatness sooner.

So to act as if we have not made any impact for 20 years misses the point of Miami being ranked in many of those years, and the team being very close to being "back" again under every single coach, before slipping downward once more each time we start to hit our potential.

The consistent repetition of hope followed by failure has been the most infuriating aspect.
Exactly what everyone saying Miami will **** this up is basing their takes on... repeated examples of our own failures in one way or another...

Disagree ... If Miami can win 10-11 games regular season and win the ACC (finally) ... and land another top recruiting class ... it will certainly change the narrative that Miami isn't investing in football and improving. There are B10 presidents that value Miami for the combination of academics and football, from all I have read it is FOX sports that dropped Miami down the "desirable" chart after looking at current viewer trends. Win, demonstrate the foundation is there, viewer numbers follow. Make the CFP and things change.
Perception certainly changed for the Noles in 2 years.
They averaged 5 wins a year in the 5 year span previous.

Win and more people watch.
Win, get to the playoffs, and more people watch.

Too simple.

Advertisement
Exactly what everyone saying Miami will **** this up is basing their takes on... repeated examples of our own failures in one way or another...
Not sure if ANY of the P2 realignment issues are IN Miami hands. The SEC is already IN Florida. The B10 only NEEDS one school in Florida in order to achieve ... geographic presence and Carriage Fees ( projected between $60-100M). If their goal is geographic expansion FIRST then filling in with a 2nd team, in states where there is room, later, Miami might not have a shot at a P2 spot until 2030.

Perception certainly changed for the Noles in 2 years.
They averaged 5 wins a year in the 5 year span previous.

Win and more people watch.
Win, get to the playoffs, and more people watch.

Too simple.
Timing is the issue ... as far as the next stage of conference realignment that is believed to be taking place soon.

Advertisement
Back