MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Perception certainly changed for the Noles in 2 years.
They averaged 5 wins a year in the 5 year span previous.

Win and more people watch.
Win, get to the playoffs, and more people watch.

Too simple.
Even in their down years their ratings weren’t horrible and their “brand” itself still was top level.

Generally applies to Miami too but I’m not going to try to keep trying to use facts with the sky is falling crowd before I believe it’s falling- it’s pointless

Advertisement
Well a media guy posted a different take ... that was that FSU to the B10 WILL give FOX carriage fees for the state and that Miami was NOT additive to carriage fees. The B10 adding USC and UCLA was not a "carriage fee" decision so much as adding schools to their "Western Division" for travel purposes.
Who is this media guy you speak of?

Quite honestly, I think @Rickd is correct has acknowledged what @Handsome Squidbum was saying 4 months ago when @Rickd was stupidly calling him a troll. We've known we're not at the top of the list and I don't think it's negative to point that out.

Fixed it for you

Charlie Brown Yes GIF by ABC Network

Yeah… I was wrong.

Keep living on the LAURELES of a 7 win seasons IDGAF to remember.

Don’t be LOSER MADE. I’ll take nine straight losing seasons for one ACC CHAMPIONSHIP. some of you would take fifty atraight SEVEN WIN seasons to say “oh we haven’t had a losing season in a half decade”

That’s why we don’t ADVANCE. Let’s talk minimum 10 win seasons. Nothing else MATTERS. Keep the loser STATS for chats between GA Tech and WF alum

What a bunch of BULL****.

We didn't have back-to-back losing seasons. That's just a fact.

Stop trying to distract people from your blowhard boneheaded mistake.

Lol. Might want to wait for the finish first because nobody knows anything just yet.

I don’t usually care about being plagiarized because we aren’t writing law review articles, but he insulted me for saying what he’s saying now. He claimed I was giving inaccurate info and had an agenda, when I said repeatedly that I was just interpreting the same info others had, except I tried not look at things through orange and green glasses. It was simply my opinion but he was one of a handful of people who insulted anyone who dared question the narrative at the time.

I asked for a simple apology for him calling me a troll and still have not received it . Regardless of whether we end up in the P2 or not, I will continue to dunk on him for his sudden 180 until I receive said apology.

Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

I don’t usually care about being plagiarized because we aren’t writing law review articles, but he insulted me for saying what he’s saying now. He claimed I was giving inaccurate info and had an agenda, when I said repeatedly that I was just interpreting the same info others had, except I tried not look at things through orange and green glasses. It was simply my opinion but he was one of a handful of people who insulted anyone who dared question the narrative at the time.

I asked for a simple apology for him calling me a troll and still have not received it . Regardless of whether we end up in the P2 or not, I will continue to dunk on him for his sudden 180 until I receive said apology.

Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos
I'm just saying you might want to wait until the ball goes through the net.

First of all ... this is a discussion board right? Secondly, if you check as many sources that are available online, other boards including other Canes boards plus Big 10 boards and SEC boards, you will eventually come across some individuals that do have contacts with conference officials, member university officials, or both, and their comments tend to carry a bit more weight than "some kid from WVU". Everything I have read from people that I believe have some legitimacy regarding trends / potential changes in both P2 conferences coincides with UNC being a program coveted by BOTH conferences for a variety of reasons), and being more meaningful for geographic consolidation reasons to the SEC.

The UNC situation becomes more complicated due to State legislature interest and UNC's unique position as a charter member of the ACC.iryiry
BigHairyCheeseHead37 over on B1G247 Boards said his insider sources are telling him Miami is a LOCK to join the conference to prevent Sunbelt and MAC expansion.

He's 1.000 on all his predictions going back to Boise calling the Statue of Liberty play against Oklahoma.

I trust him, therefore you all should as well.

Yeah… I was wrong.

Don’t be LOSER MADE. I’ll take nine straight losing seasons for one ACC CHAMPIONSHIP. some of you would take fifty atraight SEVEN WIN seasons to say “oh we haven’t had a losing season in a half decade”

That’s why we don’t ADVANCE. Let’s talk minimum 10 win seasons. Nothing else MATTERS. Keep the loser STATS for chats between GA Tech and WF alum
Friend...are you having a stroke?

Subpar season...yes...7 wins is the suck label.

Losing season? By no definition is 7-6 meeting that criteria.

Ya feel'n me Koo Koo Kachoo?

Advertisement
Yeah… I was wrong.

Thank YOU for the massive contributions You’ve made to the capitalization of THIS board in your epic 160 posts in the last 11 YEARS.

This is the type of Content I come here for especially the ones that talk about how 7-6 is a losing record when factually it’s not as MATH is a thing, even if it is a ****** record

The environment to get carriage is much different now than it was the last time these conferences expanded. I don't think you get carriage in South Florida right away with FSU. You'll get Tampa and Orlando that's it, then fans will have to beg their carriers to add it farther south. If you want guaranteed carriage in the South Florida tri county area you add Miami.

B10 had no problem adding both USC and UCLA to make sure they get SoCal.
Is Florida sports TV similar to California? In CA, southern and northern CA don’t care about each other. Unless you’re from the Bay Area, LA/OC doesn’t care about Cal, Stanford, Giants, 49ers, Warriors, etc. it’s two distinct markets. No one is crying to carriers about showing Norcal teams in LA. The only outlier to this was the Raiders who had the short stint in LA. Unless it’s an FSU alum living in Miami, I don’t see how getting FSU benefits the Florida TV market. The DMA for Tally is paired with a portion of Georgia, so for TV viewership, it’s considered part of rural Georgia more than it is a representation of the rest of the state.

Is Florida sports TV similar to California? In CA, southern and northern CA don’t care about each other. Unless you’re from the Bay Area, LA/OC doesn’t care about Cal, Stanford, Giants, 49ers, Warriors, etc. it’s two distinct markets. No one is crying to carriers about showing Norcal teams in LA. The only outlier to this was the Raiders who had the short stint in LA. Unless it’s an FSU alum living in Miami, I don’t see how getting FSU benefits the Florida TV market. The DMA for Tally is paired with a portion of Georgia, so for TV viewership, it’s considered part of rural Georgia more than it is a representation of the rest of the state.
There are PLENTY of FSU alumni who live down here. My aunt and all my cousins on their side went to FSU. Plenty of Florida fans down here as well. They are the 2 biggest schools in the state. The idea that the "South Florida" market can only be had is if the U is added is misguided IMO.

Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos
Apology my *** .... you're way too sensitive. Your troll comments were just that ... saying Miami would still be in the ACC in 2033. Bull****. Miami will end up in the Big 10 ... eventually ... and timing is the issue. PLAGIARIZED?? Get the **** out of here.

Advertisement
****. FSU was right the whole time, and we aren't fighting to get out because we have no where to go and are not even second fiddle... Sad

5 years behind FSU to the B1G would be absolutely atrocious for our sports programs and University.
Don't forget THIS SCENARIO being debated assumes FSU to the B10. The situation changes dramatically if FSU / Clemson end up in the SEC ... then Miami would be next up for the State of Florida.

Advertisement
Not sure if ANY of the P2 realignment issues are IN Miami hands. The SEC is already IN Florida. The B10 only NEEDS one school in Florida in order to achieve ... geographic presence and Carriage Fees ( projected between $60-100M). If their goal is geographic expansion FIRST then filling in with a 2nd team, in states where there is room, later, Miami might not have a shot at a P2 spot until 2030.
Lol

Thank YOU for the massive contributions You’ve made to the capitalization of THIS board in your epic 160 posts in the last 11 YEARS.

This is the type of Content I come here for especially the ones that talk about how 7-6 is a losing record when factually it’s not as MATH is a thing, even if it is a ****** record

AWESOME BAND

Advertisement
Back