MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

A lot of optimism on Warchant from the guy who initiated the now 2250 page Conference Realignment thread way back in October o 2022. He is a retired exec that was involved with media and has contacts in the media business. He expects FSU to announce their departure this Summer, sooner than later. His last tease comment was the "Monday update .... It's done ... we're gone". Popcorn time.

Advertisement
Is it doe?
Deer Popcorn GIF

A lot of optimism on Warchant from the guy who initiated the now 2250 page Conference Realignment thread way back in October o 2022. He is a retired exec that was involved with media and has contacts in the media business. He expects FSU to announce their departure this Summer, sooner than later. His last tease comment was the "Monday update .... It's done ... we're gone". Popcorn time.

Tell Miami fans more about this optimism thing... has FSU given us a blue print for that like they have for football, baseball and conference realignment?

🤮

I believe u said previously in this thread their announcement was going to be between the end of July - Aug 2024 based upon intel from Warchant.

I believe u said previously in this thread their announcement was going to be between the end of July - Aug 2024 based upon intel from Warchant.
Nothing that specific. Before or by August 15 at the latest. IF it happens before the end of June - and it’s not part of a settlement that has them SEC bound, then ESPN could potentially enact the composition clause.

Advertisement
GUYS… I was thinking.

Who would be your IDEAL ATTORNEY to represent Miami in our upcoming ACC lawsuit?

Johnny Cochran
Al Krieger
Jose Baez

Those were some BULLDOGS. Or maybe someone YOUNG and HUNGRY? A recent UM GRAD?

People often repeat things they wish to be true.

People often repeat things they wish to be true.
Yep. When I was at college many moons ago, there was an all school meeting with students in the basketball gym. Because we had some foreign investors, everyone was saying our buildings were going to be wired for internet. Turns out the school was closing it doors for good.

In hindsight, all the clues were there, but at that moment in time, you wouldn’t have been able to tell students otherwise.

Isn’t this like the 10th time there’s been a “it’s done, we’re gone” post over there? I’ve gone on those boards and there have been multiple posts like that.

Advertisement
Isn’t this like the 10th time there’s been a “it’s done, we’re gone” post over there? I’ve gone on those boards and there have been multiple posts like that.
They (at least the guy who started the thread ... RegalNole) have been pretty consistent always pointing at August 15 as the "worst case" announcement date in order to be playing in another conference in 2025. Still a lot of debate on final destination. MOST believe the B10 is a done deal and the question is ... is it via a negotiated exit with ESPN / ACC in which ESPN does retain some broadcast rights? Or, did the ESPN / ACC negotiation (that supposedly has been going on) fail to succeed, and FSU is going the B10 route in spite of ESPN wanting them for the SEC. IF they didn't accept the (supposed) SEC offer in spite of ESPN's interest ... then the speculation is they will announce before June 30 in order for ESPN to then have the option of enacting the infamous composition clause and putting the media agreement up in the air.

Last edited:
Those porsts rival in frequency our very own "we fuccin, we byke".

#DelusionariaIsAContagiousDisease

I’ve been reading message boards across the acc to try and find info on this saga and I can tell you that every fan base is exactly the same. Forum posts might as well be madlibs.
So not a lot of "We love the ACC" out there?

Advertisement
I’ve been reading message boards across the acc to try and find info on this saga and I can tell you that every fan base is exactly the same. Forum posts might as well be madlibs.
So every board has experts saying their team has a P2 seat, their leaders are moving in silence and under no circumstances will they be left out?

The world is indeed filled with crazy people...

So every board has experts saying their team has a P2 seat, their leaders are moving in silence and under no circumstances will they be left out?

The world is indeed filled with crazy people...

Pretty much. GT thinks they’re going to the big. VT thinks they’re going to the SEC. UVA and UNC boards are rooting for it all to blow up.

Duke, Syracuse and wake think that the GOR is invincible and no one is going anywhere (delusional)

Everyone thinks their school is the only one handling things perfectly.

Advertisement
Pretty much. GT thinks they’re going to the big. VT thinks they’re going to the SEC. UVA and UNC boards are rooting for it all to blow up.

Duke, Syracuse and wake think that the GOR is invincible, and no one is going anywhere (delusional)

I can see GT eventually in BIG assuming they agree to spend money on football.

Duke, Syracuse and wake think that the GOR is invincible and no one is going anywhere (delusional)

I haven't seen that very often on UM boards. A lot of people believe we should have filed suit by now or risk being left in the dust ... at least for several years.

They (at least the guy who started the thread ... RegalNole) have been pretty consistent always pointing at August 15 as the "worst case" announcement date in order to be playing in another conference in 2025. Still a lot of debate on final destination. MOST believe the B10 is a done deal

Rickd, you have a lot of interest in the realignment saga.

Forget what FSU message board morons believe.

Do YOU think the Noles are going to the Big Ten?

Rickd, you have a lot of interest in the realignment saga.

Forget what FSU message board morons believe.

Do YOU think the Noles are going to the Big Ten?
I believe they are OUT of the ACC for the 2025 season for sure. I believe they do have a B10 offer and will be there UNLESS ESPN / SEC made them an offer they can't refuse at the last minute. Will be interesting to see if there are any confirmations voiced in the upcoming FSU BOT meeting scheduled on June 20.

Advertisement
Back