MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

almost by definition, if the 1- the ACC isn't willing to settle, then 2 ESPN being more hands-on in negotiating deal with exits are in direct conflict.

just saying.
Unless ESPN knows that teams within the ACC are worth more $ to them in better conferences playing better games. It is better management of their budget. Pay less to the ACC, transfer the valuable assets to better conferences, slash $ paid to the ACC and let them become a pitiful little basketball conference just like the Big Least!

ESPN/SEC and FOX/B1G are working in kahoots to transfer assets to make both conferences more $ and create the AFC vs the NFC. That couldn't be more obvious by FOX not wanting the ACC agreement leaked publicly as well.

Advertisement
Unless ESPN knows that teams within the ACC are worth more $ to them in better conferences playing better games. It is better management of their budget. Pay less to the ACC, transfer the valuable assets to better conferences, slash $ paid to the ACC and let them become a pitiful little basketball conference just like the Big Least!

ESPN/SEC and FOX/B1G are working in kahoots to transfer assets to make both conferences more $ and create the AFC vs the NFC. That couldn't be more obvious by FOX not wanting the ACC agreement leaked publicly as well.
You’re still not getting my point. I’m not arguing with ESPN. I’m saying if you were the ACC also being told to us that they don’t want to settle in what world would Boston College and Wake Forest as examples suddenly be OK with their TV partner, destroying their world by negotiating them out of their deal into a ****tier, one without threatening lawsuit of their own their own.

Not only having bigger games but prime time games. How many games last season were on the phucking ACC network? I still don’t believe you can get it with all cable providers, especially in some regions.

Completely true. Or "ACCX", the streaming option.

I'd imagine that "Nielsen ratings" might not apply to ACCX.

Advertisement
P
Completely true. Or "ACCX", the streaming option.

I'd imagine that "Nielsen ratings" might not apply to ACCX.
IF ESPN is cable how could ACCN (ESPN AFF) not be? Not arguing, just the fact that we had limited games on ESPN/ABC was brutal for national attention. That and our tragic collapse made it a moot point..

P

IF ESPN is cable how could ACCN (ESPN AFF) not be? Not arguing, just the fact that we had limited games on ESPN/ABC was brutal for national attention. That and our tragic collapse made it a moot point..

First, ACCN is a cable channel, though it does not have 100% carriage across all the cable networks in the country.

ACCX is the streaming platform, and you can watch games via ESPN.com. IF you are a subscriber.

I'm not saying it's a lot of games, but anytime we are on ACCX, you are not even getting the same level of POTENTIAL viewership that you get with the cable channels.

Here are our first two games. One will be streamed, one will be broadcast:

1717097842158.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ve been fairly optimistic the majority of this thread.

Does anyone think recent news coming out is good/irrelevant?

It doesn’t sound good, but I’m honestly talking myself out of panic. I know people say don’t pay attention to Rad’s comments. I’m just not sure why he wouldn’t talk at all? Why not just say that they are waiting for a lot of things to be settled and then do what’s in the best interests of the University?

Advertisement
Lot of crazy "leaked comments" regarding the current FSU / Clemson / ACC situation.

-FSU value to the SEC is significantly higher than FSU value to the B10
-ESPN negotiating with the ACC regarding potential new media contract terms that would enable
ESPN to pick up the option to 2036. This would involve FSU / Clemson to the SEC and
a new media agreement with LESS T1 AND T2 money to the ACC and changes to the ACCN.
-This assumes that UNC is locked into the ACC due to politics ... if UNC leaves the ACC is done.
-Big 12 targeting Louisville and hoping they would jump to the Big 12 rather than take LESS MONEY in
the ACC due to a restructured ESPN media agreement.
-SEC is also discussing increasing to 9 conference games. Is that to accommodate the addition of FSU / Clemson?

June going to be interesting.
Which June?

Rumors of performance based media payout. Finish at the top of the conference .... get more money. Make the CFP and get a larger share of the conference CFP payout. Based on that formula and Miami's 2023 finish (3-5 in conference) Miami would receive maybe 1/3rd of what was received last year. That is one reason that the B12 is getting excited ... believe they have a chance to grab Louisville and maybe others.
1/3rd ... please ... send the ACC Commissioner to CIS to have context. nuance and culture to them.... clearly they could appreciate that wins come last and gives us a max share...

Advertisement
Rumors of performance based media payout. Finish at the top of the conference .... get more money. Make the CFP and get a larger share of the conference CFP payout. Based on that formula and Miami's 2023 finish (3-5 in conference) Miami would receive maybe 1/3rd of what was received last year. That is one reason that the B12 is getting excited ... believe they have a chance to grab Louisville and maybe others.

Im Right Fx Networks GIF by Y: The Last Man

Seth Meyers Comedy GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
Back