MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Quotes from Dan Radakovic today:

Reporter - "Will the ACC expand?"

Rad's answer - "Not in the short term. I really don't see it. I think the television contract with the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12 and ACC, have some time to run right now. The big college football playoff expansion television contract is complete at this point in time. So I think that there's going to be, for at least maybe the end of this decade, there will be some peace, if you can say it that way, as it relates to conference expansion. And probably we'll look to come up again as we flip from 2030-31 when some of the other conference TV contracts come forward again."

Advertisement

Rad's answer - "Not in the short term. I really don't see it. I think the television contract with the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12 and ACC, have some time to run right now. The big college football playoff expansion television contract is complete at this point in time. So I think that there's going to be, for at least maybe the end of this decade, there will be some peace, if you can say it that way, as it relates to conference expansion. And probably we'll look to come up again as we flip from 2030-31 when some of the other conference TV contracts come forward again."
We’re stuck till 2030 or so he thinks

Quoted where out of curiosity? Was that hurricane hotline?

CIS AI Bot is Miami's AD.

easy gif1717022874783.gif

@Brains

Hear me all you. It is a vile and demonic digital creature and it must be destroyed before it brings upon us our doom.

Advertisement
What Dan says is scripted and meaningless. We are 100% in the ACC until the moment we are not.

August 4, 2023, 9 a.m. PST: Oregon and Washington are on board for a new Pac-12 media rights deal with Apple (ESPN)

August 4, 2023, 10 a.m. PST: Oregon and Washington finalized a deal to join the Big Ten beginning in the 2024-25 season. The schools formally applied for membership Friday and were accepted after a Big Ten vote later the same day (ESPN)

Advertisement
I believe I've been saying this for the past five years and have had many many debates with several of you about this very point. Hopefully this argument can be put to bed now.

You may be proven right, you may be proven wrong, but let's not put too much faith in what an SEC AD says. They are famous for making false and/or self-serving public statements.

Advertisement

@Rickd Remember when you called me a troll for saying what Rad just said?

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif

August 4, 2023, 9 a.m. PST: Oregon and Washington are on board for a new Pac-12 media rights deal with Apple (ESPN)

August 4, 2023, 10 a.m. PST: Oregon and Washington finalized a deal to join the Big Ten beginning in the 2024-25 season. The schools formally applied for membership Friday and were accepted after a Big Ten vote later the same day (ESPN)

Bingo

Advertisement

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Rad can’t be this ignorant. I pray this is a rope a dope on expansion intent.

Advertisement
Back