MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Hold On GIF
As in things are going to happen and happen quickly with us heading to the B1G?
Or…
As in we are getting f’d and will be left out?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well there’s definitely a couple on my ignore list who pushed me there, lmao. But I try my best to treat those how I want to be treated, even on a platform like this. Appreciate u.

Just a FYI, on subject, but I heard the B12 is really trying to push to position itself as a Big 3, just in case. I’m not sure what the PAC-10 is going to do, but the B12 is making noise in its territory. I’ve talked to multiple ppl that said Utah (b/c of BYU), Arizona, ASU, & Colorado r completely on the radar. UO & U-Dub r weary b/c of loyalty to the PAC-12 as founding members, but I haven’t heard chit what they plan to do to reduce the gap. Truthfully, I’m not sure if they have a plan. That’s what has been discussed on a lot of shows, this passive, wait & see attitude of the PAC-12.
Isn't new Big12 commish an NBA/Hip Hop music executive? I also thought I read he's very close to Jay-Z and Beyonce?

My point is wouldn't that be somwthing if, long term, an HBCU is brought into Big 12?

If FSU is gone the dam will break for everyone IMHO

Walter (goes by Ted) is a retired VADM (3*) and is a warrior-academic. Grads from USNA, nuclear power school, Top Gun, etc, etc, etc. Commanded Carl Vinson and was Superintendents of Naval War College and USNA before retiring and poached by Nebraska.

Wicked smart and knows where/when to stick the knife all while smiling. When I spoke with him earlier this year, he mentioned Nebraska not necessarily being the alpha where it goes/stays for conferences, but absolutely being a vital member of the alpha team when it comes to college academics and athletics. Makes sense now as he didn't want to get into to many specific details.

Advertisement
Very good chance the next few weeks determine the direction of Miami athletics for the next 20 years.
Agree. I’d add that these movements don’t happen quickly, I bet UM knew everything at least around the time UT and OU made the move.

Then Miami started spending and investing in the football program like they never did before. Plus the AAU membership was added recently.

I don’t think that’s a coincidence, that’s why I’m positive we already have a new home. A big one.

Last edited:
So it appears 31 Jul, 1 Aug, and drop dead date of 2 Aug (or 15 Aug depending on who.is to be believed) are

3ohzdMvc1w2VlFOpRC (2).gif

very important.

Let's see if those Arzona and FSU predictions actually come to pass.

Until then porsters can contimue to go full

5GoVLqeAOo6PK (1).gif

It might be best for

2EOA3gM19upeDBPt_VNeZfCvqIck4_QC0GoLf3rg1y4.png

Last edited:
Agree. I’d add that these movements don’t happen quickly, I bet UM knew everything at least around the time UT and OU made the move.

Then Miami started spending and investing in the football program like they never did.

I don’t think that’s a coincidence, that’s why I’m positive we have already a new home. A big one.
I hear ya and hope you are right. I belive the BIG wants UM. The conference presidents. But its possible the networks don't.

Advertisement
I don't have a good feeling about this at all. Not a single individual that's actually plugged in has Miami going anywhere.
Not true. What do you mean by "actually plugged in"? A national reporter like Dellenger and Thamel? Those cats don't go too far with every rumor unless it's basically done.

If you consider the Barstool guy as an individual "actually plugged in", I can't help you.

I for sure thought we were going to the Big 10 but if that rumor is true and it’s Oregon Washington FSU and Clemson that’s a nightmare for UM as I just don’t think the SEC would EVER take UM.
The B10 will most likely expand to 24 ... and Miami / FSU are THE KEY targets due to desire to establish a base in Florida (geographic expansion, B10 population base, national conference expansion) so there is no worry that UM is left out ... just a matter of when UM pulls the trigger.

Advertisement
If in the end of all this, we are stuck either sticking in the ACC or going to the Big 12 (as we work to get invite to the B10 or SEC), which conference would you prefer we go with? I doubt this is actually the case, but we would be foolish to say it has a 0% chance of happening.
UM is already cleared to the B10 if you listen to the guys connected to B10 expansion.

I don't have a good feeling about this at all. Not a single individual that's actually plugged in has Miami going anywhere.
@Genetics56 on Twitter is pretty plugged in with B10 and has been saying for like the past year that the conference really covets Miami and wants the school. Several Big 10 schools have been advocating for Miami. Where are you getting your info?

Then Miami started spending and investing in the football program like they never did before.

I don’t think that’s a coincidence, that’s why I’m positive we have already a new home. A big one.

I'd be careful attributing "knowledge" to UM since Frenk has been president.

Frenk didn't "know" all the ****-ups that Beta Blake was responsible for. Frenk didn't "know" what was going on in football until the alums started to tell him. Frenk didn't "know" what was going on with UM until Kirk Herbstreit repeated what Jonathan Vilma told him to say. And Frenk didn't "know" how bad things were until the former head of Deloitte told him.

"Knowing" what is happening across the college sports landscape has improved dramatically since Radakovich replaced Beta Blake, even if they are both bad at hiring baseball corches.

Advertisement
Back