MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

I'd be careful attributing "knowledge" to UM since Frenk has been president.

Frenk didn't "know" all the ****-ups that Beta Blake was responsible for. Frenk didn't "know" what was going on in football until the alums started to tell him. Frenk didn't "know" what was going on with UM until Kirk Herbstreit repeated what Jonathan Vilma told him to say. And Frenk didn't "know" how bad things were until the former head of Deloitte told him.

"Knowing" what is happening across the college sports landscape has improved dramatically since Radakovich replaced Beta Blake, even if they are both bad at hiring baseball corches.
Fair, I think Rad has been in the know since day 1 though. I would expect that from an accomplished AD like him.

With Blake James we would have ended in the Sun Belt.

Advertisement
I hear ya and hope you are right. I belive the BIG wants UM. The conference presidents. But its possible the networks don't.
Not true at all ... FOX is solidly behind the idea of a National Football Conference and agrees with the B10 that a foothold in Florida is a critical component of that conference expansion and legit "national conference" for broadcasting games with legit national interest. @Genetics56 has been THE source of B10 expansion activity / interest / plans. Will be interesting to listen to him on Wednesday August 2nd at 8:30 when he does a live interview regarding college football realignment on The Voice of College Football on youtube.

I don't have a good feeling about this at all. Not a single individual that's actually plugged in has Miami going anywhere.
C8A723A6-9737-4335-A073-A5E26C98E8DA.gif

The poster formerly known as Caneinorlando too. 😂

I’ve literally disqualified myself from dealing with some of these guys as I’m tired of hurting friendships on here and if we’re being honest - my best friends on here are a lot of the offenders on the most reported and most ignored list.
WRONG!

I'm just misundetstood.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Isn't new Big12 commish an NBA/Hip Hop music executive? I also thought I read he's very close to Jay-Z and Beyonce?

My point is wouldn't that be somwthing if, long term, an HBCU is brought into Big 12?

Yes he’s close to Jay, but I don’t think a HBCU will be brought into the BXII for several reasons, one would be exhaustive to list.

Last edited:
Will there be a Big-PAC and a B1G-ACC? A future Power 3?

I believe eventually it'll be a Power 2. But the ACC and PAC-12 are complete corpses. They'll be dead in the short term (I could argue they already are, but that's another discussion).

The Big 12 is hanging on by a thread, but losing Texas and OU is a death knell.

The future will almost certainly be a Power 2, probably two 16-team conferences playing in their own league.

Advertisement
Will there be a Big-PAC and a B1G-ACC? A future Power 3?
More likely the B12 picking up the leftovers that they want after 6 ACC programs go to the B10 / ACC, and whoever they don't pick up ends up in regional conferences where they should have been.

More likely the B12 picking up the leftovers that they want after 6 ACC programs go to the B10 / ACC, and whoever they don't pick up ends up in regional conferences where they should have been.
You think the Big10 can foot the bill for SIX ACC buyouts? Not sure about that or if they even want that many.

@Genetics56 on Twitter is pretty plugged in with B10 and has been saying for like the past year that the conference really covets Miami and wants the school. Several Big 10 schools have been advocating for Miami. Where are you getting your info?
That's who I was following.
He's gone completely silent regarding Miami.

Advertisement
I believe eventually it'll be a Power 2. But the ACC and PAC-12 are complete corpses. They'll be dead in the short term (I could argue they already are, but that's another discussion).

The Big 12 is hanging on by a thread, but losing Texas and OU is a death knell.

The future will almost certainly be a Power 2, probably two 16-team conferences playing in their own league.

The ONLY hope at all is for the ACC and Pac to merge, and then try to treat the Big 12 like a poor-academic-substitute.

Advertisement
You think the Big10 can foot the bill for SIX ACC buyouts? Not sure about that or if they even want that many.
Nobody said they WILL be footing the bill ... there might be some "assistance" from media partners for select key ACC programs. Indications are that the B10 is prepared to go to 24 teams and that is with media partner input regarding BOTH number and specific program targets.

Advertisement
Back