MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

I believe eventually it'll be a Power 2. But the ACC and PAC-12 are complete corpses. They'll be dead in the short term (I could argue they already are, but that's another discussion).

The Big 12 is hanging on by a thread, but losing Texas and OU is a death knell.

The future will almost certainly be a Power 2, probably two 16-team conferences playing in their own league.
Yormark ate Kliavkoff alive. If the Pac-12 Commissioner had some sort of killer instinct he would have forced his presidents to add the best of the Big 12 schools left right after OU and UT bolted.

That conference could have a nice TV deal in place by now, the Big 12 would have been dead and the Pac-12 would have been well positioned to challenge the ACC for the #3 position on the conference chessboard. Instead, they decided not to expand and now we are here.

Big 12 will be #3 when the ACC will fall apart.

Kill or get killed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
jesus f*****g christ do we have some real chicken littles on this board.
Until any news is official, I think this is something that every fan should be stressed over. Yes, we "appear" to be sitting in good shape for B10 and some insiders have inferred as much, but with our last 20 years, I am used to preparing for the worst (because it usually happens). I am not freaking, but I am stressed.

The U can afford to lose a Tyson Campbell or Brandon Inniss etc. You can recover from that. Getting out of the ACC and into the B10/SEC over the next few years though....not so much. There is a cloud hanging over basically every program not in the B10/SEC right now...(or those who are content in the Big12).

You apparently haven't followed him recently. He has been THE MOST VOCAL source stating that "Miami is going to the B10 regardless of what happens with Oregon / Washington and it doesn't matter if FSU / Clemson are first in ... Miami has a slot".

Same level of ignorance and stupidity that allows porsters to panic that we have "dropped a recruit" if @DMoney doesn't mention his name in every single Bank, ATM, and Podcast...

Advertisement
Miami’s future will be tied to what they do on the field

Disgusted Design GIF

Miami’s future will be tied to what they do on the field, not which conference they’re a part of.

Tim LaHaye isn’t writing our story.
Yes. However, should Miami not put themselves in position to compete financially with the elite programs ( by joining SEC, Big 10) then it’ll be far more difficult and borderline lucky to be successful on the field.

Yes. However, should Miami not put themselves in position to compete financially with the elite programs ( by joining SEC, Big 10) then it’ll be far more difficult and borderline lucky to be successful on the field.
This unfortunately is the truth. I’m hoping we get clarity of that in the next two weeks which at least guarantees a shot of being relevant

Advertisement
I thought we were a lock to join the B1G? Did something change?

Question:

Would you rather be a "better" team in Big 12 (and likely erode overtime), or be a Vanderbilt/Northwestern-esque member of SEC/Big10 with there larger payouts (likely to grow even larger with time)?

For me, I'd rather go SEC/Big10 route with at least the hope of building a powerhouse program with increased resources than Big12.

Remember, plants grow only in size relative to the pot where they are planted in.

Advertisement
Lol where in my previous post did I say that?

I was just stating an obvious that money rules the world and if you want a shot at greatness, we need $.
I must have read it wrong. I took as you saying if we don’t end up in big or sec… meaning there’s a chance we are outside looking in.

You’re all definitely right. Miami decided to invest $100+ million in a football facility after the most powerful acc ad changed schools and came to Miami knowing conference realignment was underway to make sure we could stay competitive in the …AAC.

JFC

Advertisement
Until any news is official, I think this is something that every fan should be stressed over. Yes, we "appear" to be sitting in good shape for B10 and some insiders have inferred as much, but with our last 20 years, I am used to preparing for the worst (because it usually happens). I am not freaking, but I am stressed.

The U can afford to lose a Tyson Campbell or Brandon Inniss etc. You can recover from that. Getting out of the ACC and into the B10/SEC over the next few years though....not so much. There is a cloud hanging over basically every program not in the B10/SEC right now...(or those who are content in the Big12).
Speak for yourself in regards to being stressed. This is college football, sports, a means of entertainment. Whatever happens with realignment has pretty much zero effect on my personal life, my job, daughter etc. I wish i would let some sh*t like conference realignment stress me out. Besides, plenty of people on this board who know people and are plugged in said Miami is good and Big 10 bound, so why should i be worried/stressed? There's a contingent of people on here who thrive in chaos and are ready to go into full panic/meltdown mode at a moment's notice. People got super panicky about Miami letting Diaz go and Mario coming in, same with Mario letting Gattis go and bringing in a better coordinator, despite the connected people telling them that things were in the works.

In short, people on here just need to

Question:

Would you rather be a "better" team in Big 12 (and likely erode overtime), or be a Vanderbilt/Northwestern-esque member of SEC/Big10 with there larger payouts (likely to grow even larger with time)?

For me, I'd rather go SEC/Big10 route with at least the hope of building a powerhouse program with increased resources than Big12.

Remember, plants grow only in size relative to the pot where they are planted in.
FIFY

WOULD YOU RATHER BE DEAD OR ALIVE

Advertisement
Back