MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Overall? Big 10.

But I'm a guy who was alive when Miami played Florida. And if we took UM, F$U, Clemson, and VaTech to the SEC? ****, that would be amazing.

Sadly, that's not happening. And by no means is the Big 10 a "consolation prize". Solely from an athletic standpoint, and bringing AT LEAST the SemenHoles with us, I would have given the SEC a 51-49 edge.

But the academics push me to 55-45 for the Big 10. And F$U coming with UM (athletically and academically) pushes me to 60-40 Big 10.

I knew you’d come around to the B1G … 😈

Advertisement
I knew you’d come around to the B1G … 😈

It certainly adds to the value of my diploma...

I was born in Mizzou (SEC), lived in Florida the vast majority of my life (SEC), and now reside in Atlanta (SEC). So I can't deny the appeal of being surrounded by rivalries and being able to drive to all the games.

But the Big 10 is nice too. And I'd love to get out to LA again. Minnesota and Iowa? Hard pass.

1690509415088.png

1690509443734.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew you were going to pull this silliness, which is why I preemptively posted the Meet The Parents meme.

No, Oregon and Washington were not "put on the shelf for future consideration by the Big 10". They were told that the Big 10 was looking to the east. "Conversations" don't make them candidates.

You know who else had "conversations" with the Big 10? Clemson. And those "conversations" didn't transform Clemson into a candidate. And Miami had "conversations" with the SEC.

So just stop it. No need to double down.
I'm not doubling down on anything man. Anyone who thinks they know what's going on is deluding themselves. Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC was a total surprise at the time and USC and UCLA to the Big 10 was an even bigger surprise.

I can throw as much up against the wall as anyone else and see if anything sticks. lol

The way this thing is going, the Canes will be playing in the AFC South. :cool:

Advertisement
I'm not doubling down on anything man. Anyone who thinks they know what's going on is deluding themselves. Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC was a total surprise at the time and USC and UCLA to the Big 10 was an even bigger surprise.

I can throw as much up against the wall as anyone else and see if anything sticks. lol

The way this thing is going, the Canes will be playing in the AFC South. :cool:
Those were surprises at the time because there was still a P5.

Now there's a P2 with a 3rd conference doing everything they can to remain relevant and 2 other conferences that are clearly going to fall apart.

So it's a lot easier to look at the landscape and determine where things are headed because there's waaaaay less options.

Pac12 and ACC will dissolve or be a shell of their former selves.

Their premier FOOTBALL brands will end up in the P2.

Their 2nd tier brands will end up in Big12.

The rest will either reorganize or join a G5 conference.

There's virtually zero chance the ACC and Pac12 survive this as is. There are too few resources left (premier brands) and too much $$$ at stake for status quo to remain. The B1G and SEC will get who they want and the programs being offered will find a way into those conferences. There's no question about that. The only questions remaining are timing and legal battles.

Those were surprises at the time because there was still a P5.

Now there's a P2 with a 3rd conference doing everything they can to remain relevant and 2 other conferences that are clearly going to fall apart.

So it's a lot easier to look at the landscape and determine where things are headed because there's waaaaay less options.

Pac12 and ACC will dissolve or be a shell of their former selves.

Their premier FOOTBALL brands will end up in the P2.

Their 2nd tier brands will end up in Big12.

The rest will either reorganize or join a G5 conference.

There's virtually zero chance the ACC and Pac12 survive this as is. There are too few resources left (premier brands) and too much $$$ at stake for status quo to remain. The B1G and SEC will get who they want and the programs being offered will find a way into those conferences. There's no question about that. The only questions remaining are timing and legal battles.
I agree with you, nothing will look the same in 2-5 years.

Other than that, only those who are in those meetings have any idea as to what will be occurring. That is my point. With Colorado jumping ship and the ACC stuck in a ridiculously bad TV contract, the ACC and PAC12 could join together. You don't know, I don't know.

The sad part is IMO, all of this is really going to ruin one of the best parts of college football - rivalries. The expanded playoff lessens the importance of the regular season as well. I'm no fan of the NCAA as an organization, but there could have been an adult in the room - a commissioner, if you will - who could have brought all the conferences together to maximize the value and reach of the sport as a whole instead of having what will be 32 teams on one level and another 35-40 on a second level.

I agree with you, nothing will look the same in 2-5 years.

Other than that, only those who are in those meetings have any idea as to what will be occurring. That is my point. With Colorado jumping ship and the ACC stuck in a ridiculously bad TV contract, the ACC and PAC12 could join together. You don't know, I don't know.

The sad part is IMO, all of this is really going to ruin one of the best parts of college football - rivalries. The expanded playoff lessens the importance of the regular season as well. I'm no fan of the NCAA as an organization, but there could have been an adult in the room - a commissioner, if you will - who could have brought all the conferences together to maximize the value and reach of the sport as a whole instead of having what will be 32 teams on one level and another 35-40 on a second level.
I disagree. This will make college football better. All the top tier programs (BIG and SEC) will be playing each other a lot more frequently while the mid tier programs (Big 12) duke it out. Then you have the bottom tier programs dealing with each other.

There will be new rivalry’s, too. Miami vs USC alone is going to be fun.

Advertisement
I disagree. This will make college football better. All the top tier programs (BIG and SEC) will be playing each other a lot more frequently while the mid tier programs (Big 12) duke it out. Then you have the bottom tier programs dealing with each other.

There will be new rivalry’s, too. Miami vs USC alone is going to be fun.
Do you think we see some sort of movement on our end before this supposed Aug 15th deadline that’s been thrown out there?

The Big 12 and Pac 12 should have just merged and it would have been 18 teams after said and done. Instead they added Cincy, Houston and others. The Pac 12 is done at this point. Big 12 will poach more and that leaves the Pac looking at Boise, SDSU, Fresno st. Everyone thought the ACC would be the first one gone. The Pac is brain dead at this point and on life support.

Advertisement
Back