MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

You think it's just Miami, FSU, Clemson and like UNC leaving? Or will VTech/UVA/GTech/etc have invites to B10/SEC too?

There's a lot of disguising and deception going on right now...

You know, Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavyweight champion of Sicilian liars. From growin' up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guy's got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, a guy's got seventeen. But if you know 'em like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to ****. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin'. But you're tellin' me everything. I know you know where they are. So tell me, before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

Advertisement
Oregon and Washington had talks with the Big 10, no?

No.

And certainly not in any capacity that "joining the Big 12 takes them out of Big 10 consideration".

Seriously? Who would choose the Big 12 over the Big 10 if it was ACTUALLY a choice?

1690499082379.png

Pacific Atlantic Conference.

What Rellyrell said last yr; however, this was based upon us being told in this thread that we were going to the SEC w/ Clemson & FSU

Advertisement
What Rellyrell said last yr; however, this was based upon us being told in this thread that we were going to the SEC w/ Clemson & FSU

Leave it to The Gaytor to go and **** up a good thing...

I said b10 all along. SEC and miami never made sense and still doesn't. we dont fit their profile

No.

And certainly not in any capacity that "joining the Big 12 takes them out of Big 10 consideration".

Seriously? Who would choose the Big 12 over the Big 10 if it was ACTUALLY a choice?

View attachment 248339
I'm not saying they would choose the Big XII over the Big 10. Of course that is ridiculous.

What I'm saying is if the Big 10 had conversations with Oregon and Washington (and they did last year, per reports) and they were put on the shelf for future consideration by the Big 10, Oregon and Washington may have had their hand forced. They could see the PAC 12 has no TV deal, with none on the horizon now, especially with Colorado jumping ship. They could have decided they couldn't take the risk of waiting for the Big 10 to get off their *** and provide an invite, which may never come.

Advertisement

I do wonder if a team like Stanford/Cal or even some other teams would be willing to join B10 at say 75% pay... **** at 50% pay, it'll be better than their alternatives. Even better than the B12! And you know **** well all these Presidents would love adding those two...

Like in the BigEast days, most of those schools except BC realized how being in that conference even with us getting the majority of revenue was a net positive. Same with Texas/OU in B12... If I were in charge at Cal I'd be saying we'll take a major cut to be in B10...

Last edited:
You think it's just Miami, FSU, Clemson and like UNC leaving? Or will VTech/UVA/GTech/etc have invites to B10/SEC too?
I don't know their situations and you know how every time I speak on my opinions here, everyone throws it in my face one way or the other. I know our situation and I know the 3 teams directly linked to us.

Advertisement
I don't know their situations and you know how every time I speak on my opinions here, everyone throws it in my face one way or the other. I know our situation and I know the 3 teams directly linked to us.
I think it's a mistake that we've hitched our wagons to Wake Forest, Indiana, and Oregon State, but hoping there's a plan in there somewhere. Fingers crossed.

This is using a random list ranking top football programs of all time: And clearly currently Oregon is the best of all listed here:
Washington
Georgia Tech

Colorado
BYU

Pitt
ASU

TCU
Syracuse
WVU
OKSt

Oregon
Boston College
Cal
Stanford
Utah

Texas Tech
Kansas St
Baylor
Houston

Duke
Arizona
NCSt
WSU
Louisville

Kansas
Oregon St
Wake

Cinci
Iowa St
That's a terrible list. It must be like all time wins to have Washington and GT so high.

UCF would be in the top 3rd of that list.
Okstate is a much better football program than Syracuse, ASU, GT, and Washington.
Cincy is second to last and just went to the playoffs a few years ago.
TCU just went to the natl title game.
Houston and Baylor are both on the rise.

Oregon and Utah are good. Then Pitt, Louisville, NCSt have some potential.Then a huge dropoff in that conference to a bunch of teams who have never been relevant or haven't been for decades at least and probably have no shot of ever returning to relevancy.

The Big12 at least has programs committed to being their best and investing heavily in their programs, even if they're at some disadvantages regionally.

Advertisement
That's a terrible list. It must be like all time wins to have Washington and GT so high.

UCF would be in the top 3rd of that list.
Okstate is a much better football program than Syracuse, ASU, GT, and Washington.
Cincy is second to last and just went to the playoffs a few years ago.
TCU just went to the natl title game.
Houston and Baylor are both on the rise.

Oregon and Utah are good. Then Pitt, Louisville, NCSt have some potential.Then a huge dropoff in that conference to a bunch of teams who have never been relevant or haven't been for decades at least and probably have no shot of ever returning to relevancy.

The Big12 at least has programs committed to being their best and investing heavily in their programs, even if they're at some disadvantages regionally.
Cinci lost their coach, that turned their program into what it was. They're really nothing special.
Not sure OKst is a better program than Washington
out of TCU, Houston, and Baylor (and Texas Tech), I really doubt all 3/4 are ever going to be good at the same time. Especially since at BEST they'll only ever be 3rd best in state.
And of course, Oregon is a better actual program than any B12 school.

Think You are really ignoring the actual long-term success many programs have had though.

Regardless a 'whatevers left' merger of PAC+ACC wouldn't really be all that much lesser than B12, even if you did think B12 was better. (at least assuming there are no surprise B10/SEC additions further diluting PAC/ACC)....

What in the actual ****?

First, you have to be IN Big 10 consideration before you can be "out of Big 10 consideration" by joining the Big 12.

Second, you've clearly fallen for @NorthernVirginiaCane 's falsehoods.
Lol. You can believe what you want. The big ten or sec aren't going to move forward with the uncertainty of the GOR in place. That's not the only path obviously. A school could buy out their GOR or the ACC could dissolve, but both of those seem really unlikely in the short term (next 5 years). I'm convinced you need a super majority to do the latter and nobody has the votes.

ESPN 's financial health and how Disney views them is the wild card. Maybe they will entertain buy outs as a way out of the acc contract if money losing? TBD, but not any time soon.

I do wonder if a team like Stanford/Cal or even some other teams would be willing to join B10 at say 75% pay... **** at 50% pay, it'll be better than their alternatives. Even better than the B12! And you know **** well all these Presidents would love adding those two...

Like in the BigEast days, most of those schools except BC realized how being in that conference even with us getting the majority of revenue was a net positive. Same with Texas/OU in B12... If I were in charge at Cal I'd be saying we'll take a major cut to be in B10...

Absolutely they would. Lol. 75% of the pie is better than 0% of the pie.

Imho, this is a perfect opportunity for the ACC, actually. I was the commissioner, I’m pulling a B1G move. The blood is in the water.

-UCLA gone
-SC gone
-CU gone

Now if the Desert Schools leave as they were trying to back door b4 giving the PAC-12 another opportunity to secure a TV deal b4 2024, that’ll leave Utah, Washington, Oregon, Oregon St left. Utah is bouncing to the B12 if that happens.

If I’m the ACC, I’m killing two birds w/ one stone; I’m reaching out to Oregon, Washington, WASU, and Oregon St. Two of those teams automatically increase my brand & it allows us to renegotiate our deal at a higher distribution rate. In brings in new viewership & expands our footprint. A conference featuring Miami, FSU, UNC, Duke (basketball), Oregon, Washington, Clemson?? That’s $$.

But, I’m sure it won’t go like that b/c well, Phillips ain’t a savage.

Cinci lost their coach, that turned their program into what it was. They're really nothing special.
Not sure OKst is a better program than Washington
out of TCU, Houston, and Baylor (and Texas Tech), I really doubt all 3/4 are ever going to be good at the same time. Especially since at BEST they'll only ever be 3rd best in state.
And of course, Oregon is a better actual program than any B12 school.

Think You are really ignoring the actual long-term success many programs have had though.

Regardless a 'whatevers left' merger of PAC+ACC wouldn't really be all that much lesser than B12, even if you did think B12 was better. (at least assuming there are no surprise B10/SEC additions further diluting PAC/ACC)....
I'm definitely ignoring long term success and more focused on the last 10-15 years or so.

Which is why we can consider Oregon the best. Because long term, they've actually accomplished nothing.

Advertisement
Back