MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Lol. You can believe what you want. The big ten or sec aren't going to move forward with the uncertainty of the GOR in place. That's not the only path obviously. A school could buy out their GOR or the ACC could dissolve, but both of those seem really unlikely in the short term (next 5 years). I'm convinced you need a super majority to do the latter and nobody has the votes.

ESPN 's financial health and how Disney views them is the wild card. Maybe they will entertain buy outs as a way out of the acc contract if money losing? TBD, but not any time soon.
It's going to happen dude, just accept it.

As for ESPNs financial health. Lets think about this. ESPN owns the SEC, and partially owns the B12. The B12 pays about the same as the ACC.
Enough schools are upset by the ACCs payouts that they know long term (2+ years) it isn't sustainable. So what they'll prefer to do is offload the schools they deem most important into the SEC, and the secondary schools into the B12. As long as they keep the ACC losses to the B10 at like 3, and drop 3 or so from the B12, then they'd probably be perfectly fine with that outcome financially. **** they'd then be able to move the ACCNetwork to the B12, or an additional SEC channel.

Advertisement
Absolutely they would. Lol. 75% of the pie is better than 0% of the pie.

Imho, this is a perfect opportunity for the ACC, actually. I was the commissioner, I’m pulling a B1G move. The blood is in the water.

-UCLA gone
-SC gone
-CU gone

Now if the Desert Schools leave as they were trying to back door b4 giving the PAC-12 another opportunity to secure a TV deal b4 2024, that’ll leave Utah, Washington, Oregon, Oregon St left. Utah is bouncing to the B12 if that happens.

If I’m the ACC, I’m killing two birds w/ one stone; I’m reaching out to Oregon, Washington, WASU, and Oregon St. Two of those teams automatically increase my brand & it allows us to renegotiate our deal at a higher distribution rate. In brings in new viewership & expands our footprint. A conference featuring Miami, FSU, UNC, Duke (basketball), Oregon, Washington, Clemson?? That’s $$.

But, I’m sure it won’t go like that b/c well, Phillips ain’t a savage.
You also need unanimous approval to get new schools in. None of the big football schools are interested in sustaining a second rate football conference in order to allow the ACC to "survive".

Agreed. I shouldn't be trying to fix all the problems of the Big 12/Pac 12/ACC.

Unless they pay me a consulting feee.
My feelings on what happens to the acc after we go

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_5604.jpeg

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

Thanks for coming to my Dead Talk

Absolutely they would. Lol. 75% of the pie is better than 0% of the pie.

Imho, this is a perfect opportunity for the ACC, actually. I was the commissioner, I’m pulling a B1G move. The blood is in the water.

-UCLA gone
-SC gone
-CU gone

Now if the Desert Schools leave as they were trying to back door b4 giving the PAC-12 another opportunity to secure a TV deal b4 2024, that’ll leave Utah, Washington, Oregon, Oregon St left. Utah is bouncing to the B12 if that happens.

If I’m the ACC, I’m killing two birds w/ one stone; I’m reaching out to Oregon, Washington, WASU, and Oregon St. Two of those teams automatically increase my brand & it allows us to renegotiate our deal at a higher distribution rate. In brings in new viewership & expands our footprint. A conference featuring Miami, FSU, UNC, Duke (basketball), Oregon, Washington, Clemson?? That’s $$.

But, I’m sure it won’t go like that b/c well, Phillips ain’t a savage.
What % would make it worth it then? I assume PAC would bring in less than ACC/B12 given their struggle with a media deal. So maybe around $25M/yr. Meanwhile B10 is projected to pay like $100M by end of decade. So technically even just 25% COULD be "enough". But then again it's not like Stanford/Cal are actually worth 25% what Northwestern and ******* Rutgers are getting... B10 will likely end up instituting an unequal pay model just in general. They do that and they'll just add all these elite academic + athletic programs that maybe aren't so great for football specifically. Then those that bring in the football money are making the $120M while the rest are in the $60M range... That to me makes sense.

The funny thing about the PAC losing Colorado, is they legit may have been the worst school in the conference lol. So while everyone is freaking out about that, It really isn't some insanely big deal. Like SDSU would honestly make up for that loss by themselves, especially with the PAC losing the LA market with USC/UCLA leaving.

Advertisement
Lol. You can believe what you want. The big ten or sec aren't going to move forward with the uncertainty of the GOR in place. That's not the only path obviously. A school could buy out their GOR or the ACC could dissolve, but both of those seem really unlikely in the short term (next 5 years). I'm convinced you need a super majority to do the latter and nobody has the votes.

ESPN 's financial health and how Disney views them is the wild card. Maybe they will entertain buy outs as a way out of the acc contract if money losing? TBD, but not any time soon.
Can we ban this ***** finally

In the last 20 years in Florida, there is far more growth as a result of international immigration, and natural increase, than internal migration. There was A LOT of internal migration from 2020-2022, but nowhere near that recent rate over the last 20 years. So, it's not even close to 90% or even the primary dirving factor of growth.
Haven't looked at the historical stats over a 20 year period ... but did see the 2020-2021 annual stat. Domestic migration 319,000 into Florida and International 126,000, total for the State. So for that one year period it was 75% domestic and 25% international on a statewide basis. For Miami Dade it certainly is probably 90% international.

Haven't looked at the historical stats over a 20 year period ... but did see the 2020-2021 annual stat. Domestic migration 319,000 into Florida and International 126,000, total for the State. So for that one year period it was 75% domestic and 25% international on a statewide basis. For Miami Dade it certainly is probably 90% international.
20-22 were mostly domestic, absolutely. But before that, over the last 20 years, it's overwhelmingly the other way around.

Advertisement
The Vid played a role…. BIG TIME
I think it condensed what otherwise would have happened over 10 years to 3. That's extremely significant. Now, things are returning to old trends.

Question is: given the huge movement over 3 years, does that mean the next 5-6 slow way down (i.e., people who didn't move never will)? I don't make any prediction on this.

20-22 were mostly domestic, absolutely. But before that, over the last 20 years, it's overwhelmingly the other way around.
The stats don't bear that out.

State of Florida Total Population 1990 13,000,000; Foreign Born 1,700,000 (13%)
State of Florida Total Population 2021 21,780,000; Foreign Born 4.600,000 (21%)
Population Growth 31 years 8,780,000 with a Foreign Born increase 2,900,000 or 33%

There might be a perception that foreign immigration has been higher ... and anyone who lives in Miami Dade County would certainly have that perception, but on a statewide basis over the past 30 year period it is close to 70% domestic migration and 30% international. Tampa to Marco are booming Midwestern growth areas, same as Jax to Boca and Orlando being a mix of Northeast and Midwest.

I think it condensed what otherwise would have happened over 10 years to 3. That's extremely significant. Now, things are returning to old trends.

Question is: given the huge movement over 3 years, does that mean the next 5-6 slow way down (i.e., people who didn't move never will)? I don't make any prediction on this.
Who knows daddio. Weather and jobs will dictate.

The stats don't bear that out.

State of Florida Total Population 1990 13,000,000; Foreign Born 1,700,000 (13%)
State of Florida Total Population 2021 21,780,000; Foreign Born 4.600,000 (21%)
Population Growth 31 years 8,780,000 with a Foreign Born increase 2,900,000 or 33%

There might be a perception that foreign immigration has been higher ... and anyone who lives in Miami Dade County would certainly have that perception, but on a statewide basis over the past 30 year period it is close to 70% domestic migration and 30% international. Tampa to Marco are booming Midwestern growth areas, same as Jax to Boca and Orlando being a mix of Northeast and Midwest.
Your math assumes that the entirety of the rest of the growth numbers are domestic migration. You're leaving out natural increase (i.e. births in the state). There's also 3% of the state population that was born as a citizen, but outside the 50 states (i.e. canal zone, military bases, PR).

Note: I don't dispute the importance of what you're saying, just the percentages you're using to make the point. We agree on the overall point of importance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not saying they would choose the Big XII over the Big 10. Of course that is ridiculous.

What I'm saying is if the Big 10 had conversations with Oregon and Washington (and they did last year, per reports) and they were put on the shelf for future consideration by the Big 10, Oregon and Washington may have had their hand forced. They could see the PAC 12 has no TV deal, with none on the horizon now, especially with Colorado jumping ship. They could have decided they couldn't take the risk of waiting for the Big 10 to get off their *** and provide an invite, which may never come.

I knew you were going to pull this silliness, which is why I preemptively posted the Meet The Parents meme.

No, Oregon and Washington were not "put on the shelf for future consideration by the Big 10". They were told that the Big 10 was looking to the east. "Conversations" don't make them candidates.

You know who else had "conversations" with the Big 10? Clemson. And those "conversations" didn't transform Clemson into a candidate. And Miami had "conversations" with the SEC.

So just stop it. No need to double down.

Your math assumes that the entirety of the rest of the growth numbers are domestic migration. You're leaving out natural increase (i.e. births in the state). There's also 3% of the state population that was born as a citizen, but outside the 50 states (i.e. canal zone, military bases, PR).
Oh I understand ... but the majority of the population growth in the State of Florida over the past 30 years has been domestic migration. Heck right now there are PUD's on the books in Volusia and Flagler counties alone for multiple projects of 10,000 homes (that is basically 25,000 residents) and that is just 2 counties in the past 12 months ... and those people are coming from NY, PA, Mn, Wisconsin etc. I know the Miami Dade growth was incredible and virtually "all" Latino based. I lived in Coral Gables for 27 years, worked in international agriculture (Peru, Guatemala, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Dom Rep). Watched the Venezuelan neighborhoods grow in what had been cow pastures and is now the City of Doral. There ... in Miami Dade ... yes the overwhelming majority were Latin American immigrants, but once you leave that micro environment the proportions switch dramatically. And I am personally paying the price now that I left Miami Dade and live West of Daytona Beach ... can't find a decent Boliche or empanada horneada to save my life. Am praying that a Latin American Cafeteria would open close by!!

Advertisement
Which do u prefer?

Overall? Big 10.

But I'm a guy who was alive when Miami played Florida. And if we took UM, F$U, Clemson, and VaTech to the SEC? ****, that would be amazing.

Sadly, that's not happening. And by no means is the Big 10 a "consolation prize". Solely from an athletic standpoint, and bringing AT LEAST the SemenHoles with us, I would have given the SEC a 51-49 edge.

But the academics push me to 55-45 for the Big 10. And F$U coming with UM (athletically and academically) pushes me to 60-40 Big 10.

Last edited:
I knew you were going to pull this silliness, which is why I preemptively posted the Meet The Parents meme.

No, Oregon and Washington were not "put on the shelf for future consideration by the Big 10". They were told that the Big 10 was looking to the east. "Conversations" don't make them candidates.

You know who else had "conversations" with the Big 10? Clemson. And those "conversations" didn't transform Clemson into a candidate. And Miami had "conversations" with the SEC.

So just stop it. No need to double down.

1690508011206.jpeg

You just say (false) **** without any knowledge or proof. Like "I'm convinced you need a super majority to do the latter (dissolve the ACC)", but that has been proven wrong over and over again.

You're the one who chooses to believe what he wants. But you're gonna learn.

You are the guy who has consistently told us how "ironclad" the GOR is, and how nobody will get out until the early 2030s. Get ready to make your apology tour. Because you are wrong.

View attachment 248360

What a load of horse****. Setting aside what a piece of trash the "Action Network" is, the SOURCES saying that Oregon and Washington were "vetted and approved" were OREGON AND WASHINGTON.

Yes, Oregon and Washington are AAU institutions. WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO VET?

What a joke. Yes, sure, Oregon and Washington were already approved for Big 10 membership AND THEN the Big 10 discovered there was an eastern seaboard of the United States.

Yep, that's EXACTLY how it happened...

Good lord, some of you are dopey and desperate enough to believe ANYTHING that is printed on the interwebz, no matter how ridiculous it is...

Advertisement
Back