MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

The Big 12 and Pac 12 should have just merged and it would have been 18 teams after said and done. Instead they added Cincy, Houston and others. The Pac 12 is done at this point. Big 12 will poach more and that leaves the Pac looking at Boise, SDSU, Fresno st. Everyone thought the ACC would be the first one gone. The Pac is brain dead at this point and on life support.
ACC is on life support, as well. They just haven’t made it public yet. ACC was done the moment they signed that TV deal. Pac 12 was done as soon as USC and UCLA bounced. It’s debatable who was done first or second but it’s irrelevant at the end.

Advertisement
Yes but who is to say the BIG 10 doesn't move to Wash. Oregon, Stanford and Cal if they want to expand? Keeps UCLA and USC happy Leaves the ACC to get picked between the BIG 12 and SEC.

Yes but who is to say the BIG 10 doesn't move to Wash. Oregon, Stanford and Cal if they want to expand? Keeps UCLA and USC happy Leaves the ACC to get picked between the BIG 12 and SEC.
USC doesn’t want Oregon and Washington in the Big Ten, they want to use the conference for recruiting purposes against those schools.

Plus, if B1G wanted Oregon and Washington they would have been already there.

I think B1G is waiting to see what happens with Notre Dame and the ACC teams they covet, they prefer to expand east this time and especially they want the FL market.

I agree with you, nothing will look the same in 2-5 years.

Other than that, only those who are in those meetings have any idea as to what will be occurring. That is my point. With Colorado jumping ship and the ACC stuck in a ridiculously bad TV contract, the ACC and PAC12 could join together. You don't know, I don't know.

The sad part is IMO, all of this is really going to ruin one of the best parts of college football - rivalries. The expanded playoff lessens the importance of the regular season as well. I'm no fan of the NCAA as an organization, but there could have been an adult in the room - a commissioner, if you will - who could have brought all the conferences together to maximize the value and reach of the sport as a whole instead of having what will be 32 teams on one level and another 35-40 on a second level.
Disagree ... the realignment decisions are not being made in a vacuum. The prime objective of realignment is $$$$ via optimizing prime time viewing value by programming games of immense national interest. Even if UM and FSU end up in different B2 conferences the rivalry will continue via a permanent OOC scheduled game. The B10 wants BOTH Miami and FSU, and if they both end up in the B10 you can be certain that the NETWORKS will work to ensure that FSU continues playing the annual UF rivalry game every year.

Advertisement
The Big 12 and Pac 12 should have just merged and it would have been 18 teams after said and done. Instead they added Cincy, Houston and others. The Pac 12 is done at this point. Big 12 will poach more and that leaves the Pac looking at Boise, SDSU, Fresno st. Everyone thought the ACC would be the first one gone. The Pac is brain dead at this point and on life support.
The Pac12 did have discussions with the ACC earlier this week ... so the topic of a Pacific Atlantic Conference alliance must have been discussed. Great thing about the ACC opening discussions regarding adding new members is that it puts the GOR back on the table for renegotiation.

USC doesn’t want Oregon and Washington in the Big Ten, they want to use the conference for recruiting purposes against those schools.

I think B1G is waiting to see what happens with Notre Dame and the ACC teams they covet, they prefer to expand east this time and especially they want the FL market.

Understand what you're saying but also keep reading about B1G wanting to add a couple West coast schools to help out with travel concerns and that they do not want to be the one to implode Pac 12

@Genetics56 has been posting feverishly regarding the B10 realignment for the past two years ... daily. His "best guess" is that the B10 close term focus is on adding the top ACC programs to the B10 (football, geographic expansion, recruiting), potentially as many as 4 ACC programs, along with a scheduling arrangement with ND. Long term, potentially adding Oregon and Washington several years later down the road.

Advertisement
Because big athletic brands in flor[BGCOLOR=initial]ida and the Carolinas and Virginia is a way bigger prize than big brands in small states like Washington and Oregon or small brands in big states like Cal and Stanford.[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]they're not going to expand unless they can grow everybody's slice of the pie[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Ok, sitting members wouldn't have voted for USC and UCLA if they had travel concerns.

Do you know how much money and power are at stake here? Do you really think that "travel concern" is a thing?

Again, I read it somewhere not my thoughts..

****, it's probably posted somewhere on these 340 some pages!!

Again, I read it somewhere not my thoughts..

****, it's probably posted somewhere on these 340 some pages!!
I'm going by logic, it's 2023 and it's not like people travel with horses or something.

In a few years all the conferences will be national and no one will have travel concerns.

Advertisement
I disagree. This will make college football better. All the top tier programs (BIG and SEC) will be playing each other a lot more frequently while the mid tier programs (Big 12) duke it out. Then you have the bottom tier programs dealing with each other.

There will be new rivalry’s, too. Miami vs USC alone is going to be fun.
I agree, as long as we get some stability across conferences once this whole process is over.

Correct me if I’m wrong, not sure if it’s been discussed recently.

Are Oregon and Washington able to leave the PAC without their partner state schools in Oregon State and Washington state. I remember reading about that last year, but not sure if it was BS smoke screen/internet rumor

Advertisement
Back