MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Sankey TRASHED FSU yesterday. He’s clearly ****ED. There’s just no way FSU CLEMSON MIAMI are going to B12. MIAMI is hated on FSU levels, per the SECRET DMs ( I got a COPY if anyone wants- just DM ME). Notice Clemson is not getting ANY of the strays being thrown out. So Clemson to SEC is possible.

So that only leaves one option for FSU and Miami. B1G. Theres been enough HEDGING language to imply it. “AAU isn’t necessary”, “you never know if ACC is destroyed”

Advertisement
Sankey TRASHED FSU yesterday. He’s clearly ****ED. There’s just no way FSU CLEMSON MIAMI are going to B12. MIAMI is hated on FSU levels for SEC, per the SECRET DMs ( I got a COPY if anyone wants- just DM ME). Notice Clemson is not getting ANY of the strays being thrown out. So Clemson to SEC is possible.

So that only leaves one option for FSU and Miami. B1G. Theres been enough HEDGING language to imply it. “AAU isn’t necessary

Advertisement
It is a pretty big oversight, dontcha think?
No, because I didn't want to/not ready to make a prediction for FSU lol. Why don't you make your predictions lol. It'd be an oversight if I didn't make a prediction for Miami on a Miami board.

Okay experts, is there a deadline for FSU/Clemson to announce leaving ACC?? I believe I read August 15th.
I wonder if they can backslide if they announce? I hope not. For entertainment Id love FSU to announce and then get stuck on their own and have to pay up.

I also wonder if the exit fee gets divided among member schools?

If FSU leaves with no TV rights are they not televised (guess they ain't recruiting)? Or does that money just go to the ACC (divided among member schools?) and they get nothing?

More and more I want the darkest timeline for FSU where they have to fund the ACC enough to have near parody with the big2 for a few year. FSU is never heard from again. And then we get an offer.

Advertisement
Okay experts, is there a deadline for FSU/Clemson to announce leaving ACC?? I believe I read August 15th.
Deadline for a standard withdrawal, yeah mid August to be out for the next football season.
If like FSU won their lawsuit there is not timeline because they'd be retroactively free.

I wonder if they can backslide if they announce? I hope not. For entertainment Id love FSU to announce and then get stuck on their own and have to pay up.

I also wonder if the exit fee gets divided among member schools?

If FSU leaves with no TV rights are they not televised (guess they ain't recruiting)? Or does that money just go to the ACC (divided among member schools?) and they get nothing?

More and more I want the darkest timeline for FSU where they have to fund the ACC enough to have near parody with the big2 for a few year. FSU is never heard from again. And then we get an offer.
Not actually sure how it really works if the GOR remained in effect and the school really did "lose" their rights, but when you think about it the ACC sold the rights to ESPN. ESPN would have no reason not to show the games. But I also don't actually get why those revenues wouldn't have to be paid to the school somehow. Like no state would just allow their public university funded by taxpayers to just get robbed of the revenue their media is generating.. like what that revenue just would get distributed to the schools remaining in the conference? Would ESPN just keep it? lol it just actually seems unrealistic that that would be enforceable or wouldn't have someway to get around it when you really think about it. That's also why the actual media agreement supposedly says the GOR is only in effect for future media rights while the school is a member institution of that conference.

Like the only way I could see the conference retaining the media rights is if they still paid out a distribution for them. (this would just be lower than they'd get from like the B10/SEC). You can't just be like if you leave and pay our exit fee you can no longer make money. In fact it's not that you can't make money its that all those taxpayer dollars being used to run your program belong to us now...

Not actually sure how it really works if the GOR remained in effect and the school really did "lose" their rights, but when you think about it the ACC sold the rights to ESPN. ESPN would have no reason not to show the games. But I also don't actually get why those revenues wouldn't have to be paid to the school somehow. Like no state would just allow their public university funded by taxpayers to just get robbed of the revenue their media is generating.. like what that revenue just would get distributed to the schools remaining in the conference? Would ESPN just keep it? lol it just actually seems unrealistic that that would be enforceable or wouldn't have someway to get around it when you really think about it. That's also why the actual media agreement supposedly says the GOR is only in effect for future media rights while the school is a member institution of that conference.

Like the only way I could see the conference retaining the media rights is if they still paid out a distribution for them. (this would just be lower than they'd get from like the B10/SEC). You can't just be like if you leave and pay our exit fee you can no longer make money. In fact it's not that you can't make money its that all those taxpayer dollars being used to run your program belong to us now...
This is all part of what FSU is asking the court to define based on reading and interpreting the ESPN media agreement. The belief is that the media agreement clearly states that ESPN has the right to broadcast new games ONLY as long as a school is a member of the conference. I am looking forward to the Florida judge reading and commenting on the agreement as his comments to date in reference to the GOR have been " you mean the right to the old games right?".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sankey is a **** but he is coming with violence for fsu and I’m here for it
Like everything with realignment it is hard for me to enjoy because of the (likely) theory that FSU to the SEC at a minimum helps UM to the B1G and could even be the event that gets us in the B1G. I'd love for FSU to get burned but I care more about UM not being left in the dust.

Like everything with realignment it is hard for me to enjoy because of the (likely) theory that FSU to the SEC at a minimum helps UM to the B1G and could even be the event that gets us in the B1G. I'd love for FSU to get burned but I care more about UM not being left in the dust.
I don't even think it's about a particular school going to the SEC. As long as 2-4 programs do, it basically forces us into the B1G. It's just inarguable that we aren't a top 5 program not currently in the B1G/SEC as far as the main 3-5 things being considered are concerned - Media Ratings, Football success, Academics, Geography, Basketball success/ratings. And ND is staying independent cause they got a great deal out of NBC. Legit unless there was some major suprise like the SEC taking NCSt and/or GTech.. or like Duke getting packaged with UNC or some ****... I really just don't see us being left in the dust. Either we are in P2 or the ACC isn't dying for a few years imo.

This is a point a lot of people just don’t seem to get still. The P2 have no need to expand now because they already run **** and are lighting Cuban cigars with $100 bills. More teams means more mouths to feed and there’s no way the P2 teams will do anything that’s gonna lessen to take they’re already getting. FSU/Clemson might be nice brands, but are they powerful enough to increase revenue to the point where you can split the pie more and everyone still gets the same amount they’re already getting, or more? That’s not a slam dunk.

Advertisement
Back