MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Doubt ANY ACC that lacks FSU, Clemson, Miami, Va Tech, Louisville, UNC is going to get anywhere NEAR $40M per year per school. The only thing "one sided" about the ESPN deal is the money received by FSU, Clemson, and Miami. Those 3 schools accounted for almost 50% of total TV viewership annually over the past 10 year cycle. The ones getting a free ride are BC, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Duke (football), who wouldn't command $20 million dollars on their own. IF FSU & Clemson announce they are leaving, ESPN will announce THEY aren't extending their media agreement .... then it is the PAC 12 scenario all over again.
One of the BIG 12 guys actually did the math and they realized that FSU, Clemson and Miami make up over 45% of ACC viewership. If you add UNC, that number goes up to 54%. So if FSU, Clemson, Miami and UNC leave, ESPN can rightfully claim that the ACC TV deal is only worth 45% of the previous deal and the numbers would back it up.

It is hilarious to watch people taking "victory laps" saying they were right ... based on click bait tweets by Twitter journalists.

Sore Loser GIF by Godfather of Harlem

Randy Savage Deal With It GIF

Advertisement
It really does confirm you as a total troll and a fraud. Twitter articles about something that has not even entered the "action" phases. Rumors of this and that ... no actual actions by anybody. And you're taking a bow?? You're going to have a very large serving of crow to digest once actions are actually taken by ACC schools.

It really does confirm you as a total troll and a fraud. Twitter articles about something that has not even entered the "action" phases. Rumors of this and that ... no actual actions by anybody. And you're taking a bow?? You're going to have a very large serving of crow to digest once actions are actually taken by ACC schools.

Sad Amazon Prime GIF by The Boys

Victory Champion GIF by Archie Comics

Advertisement
Doubt ANY ACC that lacks FSU, Clemson, Miami, Va Tech, Louisville, UNC is going to get anywhere NEAR $40M per year per school. The only thing "one sided" about the ESPN deal is the money received by FSU, Clemson, and Miami. Those 3 schools accounted for almost 50% of total TV viewership annually over the past 10 year cycle. The ones getting a free ride are BC, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Duke (football), who wouldn't command $20 million dollars on their own. IF FSU & Clemson announce they are leaving, ESPN will announce THEY aren't extending their media agreement .... then it is the PAC 12 scenario all over again.

I 100% agree on the bottom feeders

Would love to watch the North Carolina plantation owners squirm while being left holding their ****s

Yeah, he's a bit salty regarding FSU. He's playing the part of conference commissioner defending a member of his conference (UGA) and ****ed off at how public they've been with going after the ACC as well as getting the ACC to be forced to open up their books to the public.

At the same time, money has a magical ability of bringing people together. Sankey's quoted above as stating "We're not going to take our pie and slice into more pieces". If ESPN agrees to increase the size of the pie where even with additional slices, each slice is bigger I'm sure they'd be happy to bring in additional schools. The question is: does ESPN think FSU and/or Clemson are worth it?
He's probably ****ed at fsu because they might be the ones that leaked the Big12 talk to raise their asking price by making it look like everyone wants them. I don't think he'd turn them away at a discount but fsu is trying to drive up the bid.

Advertisement
He's probably ****ed at fsu because they might be the ones that leaked the Big12 talk to raise their asking price by making it look like everyone wants them. I don't think he'd turn them away at a discount but fsu is trying to drive up the bid.
Could be. Although, if FSU drives up their bid, it's to the entire conference's benefit as FSU is not going to get a bigger share than any other member of the SEC (if they get a bid in the first place). I'd say Sankey's biggest complaint isn't about UGA, if UGA had what happened to FSU happen to them, they'd be just as big a set of crybabies as the Nolies have been. I'd say it's just the public way that FSU has gone about trying to get out of the ACC - court cases, outing of public laundry (Raycom, hidden TV contracts, etc.). I could see how that might ruffle some administrator feathers in other conferences that might be considering them.

But if it ends up in a TV deal where SEC schools are getting at or above the B1G level, I'm sure all will be forgiven.

Who knows what's really going on behind the scenes though? Would anything really surprise anyone at this point?

Advertisement
Misinformation is in full swing as the game of musical chairs heats up

I know the source is an FSU fan but that doesn’t change the facts of the SEC tv deal with ESPN

Exactly knew this and it has been out for a long while. I still think the SEC protects their territory and takes UNC Clemson FSU and Virginia.

They still believe we endup in the B1G due to voting member preference for AAU members.

We shall see!

Advertisement
Back