MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

I said, when this litigation commenced, that it could take years. The ACC has no incentive to settle, they’ll drag it out as long as possible.

It’s not ACC it’s ESPN…… when the path and cost for a team to exit because more clear, particularly with the GOR info becoming more transparent, ACC will have no choice, and realize a settlement is in their best interests

Advertisement
It’s not ACC it’s ESPN…… when the path and cost for a team to exit because more clear, particularly with the GOR info becoming more transparent, ACC will have no choice, and realize a settlement is in their best interests

And until then the gap between the haves and have nots continues for us vs the B1G and SEC conferences…

But, one step at a time…

I said, when this litigation commenced, that it could take years. The ACC has no incentive to settle, they’ll drag it out as long as possible.
The biggest "next step" is in the two legal actions (FSU & Clemson vs the ACC) to get a judge's opinion / ruling on the ESPN media agreement's wording on the ESPN right to ACC member schools games upon leaving the conference. Would be great for Miami if the process drags out for another year, giving UM the opportunity to win the ACC in 2024 and repeat in 2025, with FSU / Clemson as members. Would change the narrative on UM CFP participation etc.

The biggest "next step" is in the two legal actions (FSU & Clemson vs the ACC) to get a judge's opinion / ruling on the ESPN media agreement's wording on the ESPN right to ACC member schools games upon leaving the conference. Would be great for Miami if the process drags out for another year, giving UM the opportunity to win the ACC in 2024 and repeat in 2025, with FSU / Clemson as members. Would change the narrative on UM CFP participation etc.

I am trying to BUY this.

But if you’re B1G, what’s to stop them from THINKING, “Miami will do another 20 year drought when they play in a BETTER conference. Like Nebraska. Their attendance is what it is. “

To which I think WERE FINE. Our attendance is good enough. I don’t think CFP PLAYOFF AND ACCCG move the needle.

Our AAU STATUS is our feather. We just have to SUE. Look how long it’s taking. We will have to wait just as LONG.

I am trying to BUY this.

But if you’re B1G, what’s to stop them from THINKING, “Miami will do another 20 year drought when they play in a BETTER conference. Like Nebraska. Their attendance is what it is. “

To which I think WERE FINE. Our attendance is good enough. I don’t think CFP PLAYOFF AND ACCCG move the needle.

Our AAU STATUS is our feather. We just have to SUE. Look how long it’s taking. We will have to wait just as LONG.
I believe WINNING with the new staff will change the narrative. We will be IN big games and produce viewership - that’s what the media partners need to see. We can’t sue until we have a confirmed B10 slot. Plus - the actions FSU / Clemson are taking will serve to expedite our case once we finally do.

Advertisement
I am trying to BUY this.

Why do we have to sue when anything FSU wins they also win for us given it at minimum will appply to both Florida schools in ACC. And Clemson is suing to actually determine if exiting conference means future media rights revert back to school, which would also apply to us.

I personally still have a rough time believing FSU and Clemson could announce by August 15th because the legal process is such a slow process.

flugaur is burning holes through the potential for them to announce by the Aug 15th deadline.

Advertisement
I personally still have a rough time believing FSU and Clemson could announce by August 15th because the legal process is such a slow process.

flugaur is burning holes through the potential for them to announce by the Aug 15th deadline.

Cliffs on Flugaur? Cannot listen to that guy ... absolutely creeps me out with his pregnant pauses. His mother should let him out of her basement.

Advertisement
Old news. FSU was never announcing anything before 8/15 to get out by 2025. But they are absolutely targeting getting out in time for 2026. Obviously they’re looking for a settlement with the ACC by 8/15/25, which is likely.

Bingo, anyone that expected something by 08/15/24, is foolish, that includes FSU leadership, but I also understand they are posturing

Advertisement
Jim Phillips is an absolute clown commenting as strongly as he did about how all schools eagerly signed the grant of rights when the guy wasn’t even in the conference when it happened

Let alone defending Swafford’s sweetheart deal for his son

Florida state fans are being lied to by some of their perceived insiders and it’s absolutely ******* glorious. If I was genetics, I would get a security detail.
Genetics just posted on Warchant that "based on the recent comments he fully expects ESPN to extend the media agreement". What a COLOSSAL TOOL! That guy is. He is just making up **** and posting it.

Advertisement
Back