MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

“they’ve been a disruptive partner”. NO ONE saw that coming. FSU’s litigation may be seen as a negative.
The problem is that FSU opened the pandoras box. They could've handled this with more delicacy, but they were confident and went full-on attack.

That, however, is now seen as a red flag. Confefences are collaborations, meaning everyone works together to represent every school the best, to build a brand and to make everything as lucrative as possible (biggest example, the SEC). If you want to realign and don't realign quietly, but try to hammer your way through, what kind of impression does that give to other conferences? You chase ego, you aren't collaborative and you don't want to work together. Aka, bad.

You can leave a relationship quietly and with grace or you can leave it with a trumpet. Guess what makes more noise and annoys people more.

Advertisement
The problem is that FSU opened the pandoras box. They could've handled this with more delicacy, but they were confident and went full-on attack.

That, however, is now seen as a red flag. Confefences are collaborations, meaning everyone works together to represent every school the best, to build a brand and to make everything as lucrative as possible (biggest example, the SEC). If you want to realign and don't realign quietly, but try to hammer your way through, what kind of impression does that give to other conferences? You chase ego, you aren't collaborative and you don't want to work together. Aka, bad.

You can leave a relationship quietly and with grace or you can leave it with a trumpet. Guess what makes more noise and annoys people more.

I loved reading all the snide and insulting comments F$U made about the ACC and its commissioner in the legal filings.

But I can see where that might scare some possible future wives...

I just want clarity on what our contracts cover (and do not cover) and have NEVER liked the nebulous fear-factor of GOR-uncertainty being used to keep the marriage together for the kids...

I loved reading all the snide and insulting comments F$U made about the ACC and its commissioner in the legal filings.

But I can see where that might scare some possible future wives...

I just want clarity on what our contracts cover (and do not cover) and have NEVER liked the nebulous fear-factor of GOR-uncertainty being used to keep the marriage together for the kids...
In the field of law, it's not always the loudest one who wins.

Rad picked the right strategy. Find out how we can get out without being loud.

So they're more than happy to kill conferences, as long as it isn't done loudly or is a surprise?

Cause The B10 1,000% killed the PAC singlehandedly, and the SEC almost killed the B12, but there would have been too many teams free and the ACC was sitting there like jackasses so didn't make any move. B12 had good enough leadership to "survive" for now. And probably good enough to become the defacto 3rd power conference after the ACC eventually disbands.

But anyways now they're so anti-killing the conference that they wouldn't take FSU/Clemson? I'm sure Fox/NBC/CBS couldn't give less of a **** if the ACC died. They have zero ties. Sure ESPN would care cause they stand to lose 2-4 important brands. Maybe presidents of these schools care, and its not a good look having such a publicly negative stance against the conference you're in... But come on, they really don't care. They just don't want the negative PR that's been building up about it, which is why they'd have prefered it to all happen silently. The problem is no matter what there would have needed to been lawsuits. FSU probalby just shouldn't have been so publicly vocal outside of the lawsuits.

Ultimately I don't think that's changing anything though. All that matters is if FSU and Clemson win their lawsuits cause then they and everyone else is free. And when they are free the same thing that happened with PAC/B12 will happen when those programs were free. The free market will then decide - schools will choose the best conference that improves their brand value and payouts, and the conference + media partner will choose the schools that improve their brand (academics/athletic success) and ratings/profits. That will mean FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC to SEC/B10. Possibly VTech/GTech/UVA/etc as well. Others probably to B12, with schools like Wake, BC possibly ending up like Oregon state/Washington state

Yeah, NO.

People are annoyed with that dip**** because (a) he knows nothing and is purely guessing, and (b) he is trying to declare victory long before the battle is over, not to mention he is trying to suck his own **** in front of everyone.

Nobody has ever denied that the information that some people know can CHANGE. That is different from pure guesswork. Whether you want to admit it or not, the Washington/Oregon situation fundamentally changed with Miami people knew prior to that time. Now it is up to us to determine how small of a share we want to take. It was easy for Washington/Oregon since their GOR was over and done with. It's not so easy for ACC schools, at least until a court determines whether the GOR can cover our future rights after we exit the conference.

The funny thing about your "peacocking" comment is that you are one of the biggest offenders. Sure, it's not based on your knowledge of the issues or events, of which you have none. No, you continue to peacock on your "nobody knows nothing" platform.

Sorry, champ, but you're one of the main offenders that has driven the conversation to DMs. You freeload, you poison the water, and then you scream about how "nobody on the inside can provide any reliable fresh water".
You are upset again, I see. Thank you again for the great summary of: the situation continues to change. Very true.

Enjoy your DMs and ranting about people reading a free message board and not everyone adding super secret insider information. You are mad at the way I post and continue to spread different rhetoric about it while drawing me into threads... You are mad that people are speculating on a message board, mad people are posting links and tweets and social media sources, mad that people are guessing...

It is a message board...

It is fascinating...

Advertisement

To a degree they were between a rock and a hard place. The ACC has been misrepresenting to outright lying and fabricating "the members situation" regarding the ESPN media agreement and the GOR, and you add to that the financial manipulations (Raycom), unjust enrichment, and general debauchery committed by the ACC and Phillips (illegally granted media extension option to ESPN). You had the "magnificent seven" meeting and looking for a way out. Finally FSU bit the bullet and with total agreement from president, BOT and AD, they filed suit. Their lawyers reportedly have looked at a broad range of scenarios to play hard ball if necessary. It could get uglier if not resolved. Not sure if any progress would have been made by acting "more delicately" since Phillips and the ACC haven't wanted to negotiate.

To a degree they were between a rock and a hard place. The ACC has been misrepresenting to outright lying and fabricating "the members situation" regarding the ESPN media agreement and the GOR, and you add to that the financial manipulations (Raycom), unjust enrichment, and general debauchery committed by the ACC and Phillips (illegally granted media extension option to ESPN). You had the "magnificent seven" meeting and looking for a way out. Finally FSU bit the bullet and with total agreement from president, BOT and AD, they filed suit. Their lawyers reportedly have looked at a broad range of scenarios to play hard ball if necessary. It could get uglier if not resolved. Not sure if any progress would have been made by acting "more delicately" since Phillips and the ACC haven't wanted to negotiate.

All of this is true.

I'd still prefer a "simple" legal strategy at the outset, and then if the ACC tried to play games, you bring larger and larger artillery until the ACC shuts the **** up.

I went to see what Genetics was saying and boy is he saying a lot. Not worth the read but a lot of hedging, backtracking, etc to keep himself important. According to him, all these people/groups have given him the TRUTH.
I have informaton from the highest levels of the Big Ten, multiple athletic departments in the Big Ten, 3rd party consultant information, TV executive information about Big Ten's interest in FSU.

Not one, but two of these novels posted today. He needs to help George RR Martin finish the last GoT book.

Someone needs to teach this guy how to use twitter.
1721164144951.webp
1721164238629.webp

I went to see what Genetics was saying and boy is he saying a lot. Not worth the read but a lot of hedging, backtracking, etc to keep himself important. According to him, all these people/groups have given him the TRUTH.

Not one, but two of these novels posted today. He needs to help George RR Martin finish the last GoT book.

View attachment 295245View attachment 295247

The grift....

Let Go No GIF by Hollyoaks

Advertisement

Genetics is just belatedly trying to rewrite his own bad history.

The reality is NOT that Fox forced the Big 10 to take Washington/Oregon. As the Big 10 commissioner himself said, the Big 10 received SIGNIFICANT INBOUND INTEREST from WA/OR. And both WA/OR are AAU schools, which is fundamentally different from F$U/Clemson as prospective members.

The reality is that it was WA/OR's offer to take HALF-SHARES that secured the approval of the Big 10. Not a Fox-gun-to-the-head. The "rights owner" can't force a conference to admit anyone that the "rights owner" wants. That's a fallacy.

But, sure, now Genetics is going to tell us about a secret message he sent to one guy regarding WA/OR. He never said anything previously. He never updated his Twats to say that WA/OR might be in play.

Now he's going to blame "sourcing". He can't admit that WA/OR taking half shares is what changed the game. NOPE, it's his "sourcing". So he went out and developed lots of additional "sources". Like RegalNole.

Whatever.

Yeah, NO.

People are annoyed with that dip**** because (a) he knows nothing and is purely guessing, and (b) he is trying to declare victory long before the battle is over, not to mention he is trying to suck his own **** in front of everyone.

Nobody has ever denied that the information that some people know can CHANGE. That is different from pure guesswork. Whether you want to admit it or not, the Washington/Oregon situation fundamentally changed with Miami people knew prior to that time. Now it is up to us to determine how small of a share we want to take. It was easy for Washington/Oregon since their GOR was over and done with. It's not so easy for ACC schools, at least until a court determines whether the GOR can cover our future rights after we exit the conference.

The funny thing about your "peacocking" comment is that you are one of the biggest offenders. Sure, it's not based on your knowledge of the issues or events, of which you have none. No, you continue to peacock on your "nobody knows nothing" platform.

Sorry, champ, but you're one of the main offenders that has driven the conversation to DMs. You freeload, you poison the water, and then you scream about how "nobody on the inside can provide any reliable fresh water".
Remember when I called for Stanford and Cal to join us and then they did? I'm not peacocking or decorating victory. It's just that I won and want everyone to know it.

Advertisement

If you're explaining you're losing, and boy is Genetics doing a lot of explaining there.

Remember when I called for Stanford and Cal to join us and then they did? I'm not peacocking or decorating victory. It's just that I won and want everyone to know it.

Uhhhh...good for you?

Remember the years when I have called for the ACC to merge with the PAC 12 and lock down both the east and west coasts? I don't care if you remember it or not, but I've been saying it for years.

And I don't care if anyone remembers it or not. A good idea is just a good idea, it's not some proprietary and patentable thing.

I'm not going to try to take credit for the idea of "your best defense is a good offense", but I can graciously share that it has informed my thinking on conference realignment for the last 30+ years.

Since before Miami joined the ACC, the conference has needed to get bigger and stronger. And, yet, here we are.

Adding Stanford/Cal, while a mild improvement, has not fixed anything. But congrats on being "right" for once.

If you're explaining you're losing, and boy is Genetics doing a lot of explaining there.

And people complain about MY long posts...

Look, Genetics wrote about 100 paragraphs that can be boiled down to two things:

A. The difference between the word choice between "contiguous" and "footprint"
B. The idea that whatever the commissioner says or denies means he is going to do the exact opposite, which supports Genetics' already pre-determined conclusion

I also had to laugh at him describing how someone on the internet could say some vague bull**** and then come back later to explain how he/she was correct all along.

Genetics needs a mirror and some self-awareness.

Advertisement
Another positive of FSU and Clemson being disruptive partners, is we know how tobacco road can tilt the scales in the favor of schools they prefer. Hopefully that means we get the calls the next few years when we play against the secessionists.

Another positive of FSU and Clemson being disruptive partners, is we know how tobacco road can tilt the scales in the favor of schools they prefer. Hopefully that means we get the calls the next few years when we play against the secessionists.
Clemson def getting into the seC no matter what. they just dont care bout FSU like that.

Genetics is just belatedly trying to rewrite his own bad history.

The reality is NOT that Fox forced the Big 10 to take Washington/Oregon. As the Big 10 commissioner himself said, the Big 10 received SIGNIFICANT INBOUND INTEREST from WA/OR. And both WA/OR are AAU schools, which is fundamentally different from F$U/Clemson as prospective members.

The reality is that it was WA/OR's offer to take HALF-SHARES that secured the approval of the Big 10. Not a Fox-gun-to-the-head. The "rights owner" can't force a conference to admit anyone that the "rights owner" wants. That's a fallacy.

But, sure, now Genetics is going to tell us about a secret message he sent to one guy regarding WA/OR. He never said anything previously. He never updated his Twats to say that WA/OR might be in play.

Now he's going to blame "sourcing". He can't admit that WA/OR taking half shares is what changed the game. NOPE, it's his "sourcing". So he went out and developed lots of additional "sources". Like RegalNole.

Whatever.

Similar tactics in this thread...

Has anyone seen TOC and Genetics in the same place?

guy is such a ****

Advertisement
Back