MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
So the politically correct behind the scenes way Rad is handling realignment for Miami is the right way to go about this after all!

And people thought he was being an idiot about it.

I said it prior, this is serious business, not HS recruiting. Billions are on the table here.

It's very good to sit back and observe before taking action.

Guys is a egomaniac to the tenth degree. I don't know how delusional he has to be to think that article vindicates anything he's said. If you look at his tweets he's been treating FSU to the Big 10 as a done deal for months.

The most hilarious outcome to all of this would be FSU and Clemson to the SEC and Miami and someone else to the Big 10.

I can agree with the evaluation that FSU isn't immediately financially additive to the SEC ... they already have UF in the State of Florida. However FSU (or Miami) to the Big 10 ... is IMMEDIATELY additive both financially (carriage fees), big game programming boost, and recruiting boost. This seems to be just another negotiating leak / ploy by the P2, with not a lot of foundation to it.
But does Fsu or Clemson have enough votes of the schools to get in? Sure the network may want them, but some of those B1G university presidents care more about academic prestige than football and don’t see those two schools as an academic and research peer.

Guys is a egomaniac to the tenth degree. I don't know how delusional he has to be to think that article vindicates anything he's said. If you look at his tweets he's been treating FSU to the Big 10 as a done deal for months.

The most hilarious outcome to all of this would be FSU and Clemson to the SEC and Miami and someone else to the Big 10.

The most hilarious outcome to all of this would be FSU and Clemson to the SEC Big 12 and Miami and someone else to the Big 10.

Advertisement
I have to admit, I laughed out loud for this one:

1721143023043.webp

But does Fsu or Clemson have enough votes of the schools to get in? Sure the network may want them, but some of those B1G university presidents care more about academic prestige than football and don’t see those two schools as an academic and research peer.
It takes 70% vote of the presidents for approval to join the Big 10, not 100%. As far as academics, come on, FSU and Miami are both ranked high academically than half dozen B10 schools ... AAU is the only issue with FSU. Hope FSU ends up in the B10 and Miami and one other end up in the B10. End of story.

Brett McMurphy is a pos

What’s that phrase about Lies vs **** Lies

That statement is partially true because of the ongoing litigation with the Conf, but ACC/ESPN was always gonna sit on their secretive GOR until someone forced their hand exactly how FSU is doing now

The plan is working
Correct, but there is a difference between how FSU has handled things vs Clemson. Clemson wasn't called a "disruptive partner" here. Clemson went to court, the appropriate way of challenging things. FSU went to court, but has also been shouting in a bullhorn about how badly it wants out and has been tearing down the conference's reputation any chance it can.

Advertisement

Look at this *****. He thinks he is vindicated lol. What a tool

Advertisement
Correct, but there is a difference between how FSU has handled things vs Clemson. Clemson wasn't called a "disruptive partner" here. Clemson went to court, the appropriate way of challenging things. FSU went to court, but has also been shouting in a bullhorn about how badly it wants out and has been tearing down the conference's reputation any chance it can.

Yes. And that's all I ever wanted from Miami, is to go to a judge to get clarification on the GOR issue (and later the ESPN option extension issue).

I may hate the ACC and F$U, but I realize that we cannot set our clocks by the Big 10 and SEC, particularly since the Washington/Oregon situation reset expectations.

I just want a judge to tell us that the GOR applies only to all the games we have played SINCE we joined the ACC, and does not give future ownership of our rights to ESPN if and when we decide to leave the conference.

Is that so much to ask?

There are even posters on Warchant asking the mods to ban @Genetics from Warchant .... he has more posts there than about anybody discussing realignment. Guy needs to get a life.

How long until he cozies up to us again?

Advertisement
Yes. And that's all I ever wanted from Miami, is to go to a judge to get clarification on the GOR issue (and later the ESPN option extension issue).

I may hate the ACC and F$U, but I realize that we cannot set our clocks by the Big 10 and SEC, particularly since the Washington/Oregon situation reset expectations.

I just want a judge to tell us that the GOR applies only to all the games we have played SINCE we joined the ACC, and does not give future ownership of our rights to ESPN if and when we decide to leave the conference.

Is that so much to ask?
No, it's not too much to ask, but since Clemson is already doing it, we might as well wait it out and see how it comes back. However a judge rules on their case will apply to us as well, right? If they hadn't done it, I would agree we should be more aggressive.

So the politically correct behind the scenes way Rad is handling realignment for Miami is the right way to go about this after all!

Remains to be seen but at this point, yes.

That being said, I would take these reports with a grain of salt as a lot will change once this all ends.

Advertisement
Back