MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

I might be taking an L on criticizing Miami for approving the lawsuit too btw

I ain't taking no L's on the lawsuit. I said we needed legal clarity on the GOR extension and the (improper) extension of ESPN's option to pick up the rest of the TV contract, and I said that a long time ago.

Regardless of whether UM included the "if this lawsuit succeeds, we quit" language in ITS lawsuit, I think we need judicial interpretation of the GOR extension and the ESPN extension.

That is all.

Advertisement
Only idiots think reporters get it right every time or that they get wrong info then reported out to audience truthfully because a good source had a bad pov

You report what you’re told and get other sources on. Being wrong is different than being malicious in lying. GTFOH with 100% infallible bull****

So his source was wrong that time but correct this time? I’m just trying to keep track of the scoreboard here.

I ain't taking no L's on the lawsuit. I said we needed legal clarity on the GOR extension and the (improper) extension of ESPN's option to pick up the rest of the TV contract, and I said that a long time ago.

Regardless of whether UM included the "if this lawsuit succeeds, we quit" language in ITS lawsuit, I think we need judicial interpretation of the GOR extension and the ESPN extension.

That is all.
All schools need it. But letting those guys figure it out AND get the mud might wind up having been at least a justified thing

Advertisement
It's a swift kick in the nards to everyone who bashed Miami for not being as boisterous as FSU.

It's funny that the SEC and Big 10 NEVER MENTIONED this "boisterous" issue until they had already made up their minds.

I said all along that F$U needed to enlist more allies. I've said all along that somebody needs to determine the true applicability of the GOR and the Commissioner's unilateral power, and that "somebody" cannot be the Commissioner hisself.

Would be lovely if we had arbitration language in the Constitution, but I don't think that's the case.

The GOR is still garbage and should be destroyed in a courtroom determination. Some conferences MIRACULOUSLY seem to be able to strike TV contracts without the "necessity" of a GOR (SEC/Big 10). Let's get rid of this albatross and add a few teams, assuming that the Big 10/SEC are not willing to decide/share at this point in time.

And let's let ND sweat out a few years of scheduling issues and playoff-field nailbiters.

So the politically correct behind the scenes way Rad is handling realignment for Miami is the right way to go about this after all!

Brett McMurphy is a pos

What’s that phrase about Lies vs **** Lies

That statement is partially true because of the ongoing litigation with the Conf, but ACC/ESPN was always gonna sit on their secretive GOR until someone forced their hand exactly how FSU is doing now

The plan is working

I 100% believe FSU is seen by many as a disruptive partner. Their actions the past year has been, at many times, childish. But, that article also left some wiggle room also. I also think McMurphy is a convenient messenger, someone with a name that certain people can help pass a message. A message to what end? Have fsu back off, threaten fsu/Clemson woth needing to take lower shares, tell fsu to **** off? I don't know. And I think no one knows besides a small handful.

Brett McMurphy is a pos

What’s that phrase about Lies vs **** Lies

That statement is partially true because of the ongoing litigation with the Conf, but ACC/ESPN was always gonna sit on their secretive GOR until someone forced their hand exactly how FSU is doing now

The plan is working
Deadpool 2 Yes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
Only idiots think reporters get it right every time or that they get wrong info then reported out to audience truthfully because a good source had a bad pov

You report what you’re told and get other sources on. Being wrong is different than being malicious in lying. GTFOH with 100% infallible bull****
McMurphy has fallen off since joining Action Network but dude was known in the industry as "sources" for a reason because he beat ESPN so often on college football scoops they paid a ton to hire him. He still has his contacts list and when he wants to put in the work can do legit reporting.

It might not have been a ****show behind the scenes, but all the public speculation and stupid statements certainly were.

Of course. And this isn’t even specific to this thread or discussion, but it never fails to make me chuckle that when someone tells you what you wanna hear, their word is bond and they’re correct, but when they tell you what you don’t wanna hear, they’re an uninformed *******. It’s the best.

All schools need it. But letting those guys figure it out AND get the mud might wind up having been at least a justified thing

Sure, since F$U chose to go it alone lawsuit-wise, then we can look back on it that way.

I was always a fan of six/seven/eight ACC schools challenging the GOR cleanly. I even said to let the "original" GOR exist as is, and to only challenge the extension. And then when we found out what the Commissioner did with the ESPN option, challenging THAT "extension" too.

Instead, people actually think it will be a good thing to join the Big 12 and take what will assuredly be a LONGER term for a GOR (and probably a better-drafted GOR too).

Legal clarity is what is needed, no matter what direction we ultimately take. And while I have enjoyed watching the ACC get its *** kicked in court, I think that F$U included too many issues in its lawsuit. Clemson's lawsuit is cleaner.

And, yes, the "disruptive partner" stuff, while HILARIOUS, is not the true reason why the Big 10 and SEC are passing on F$U.

It's what we have always discussed. ND is at the top of the list. UNC is at (or near) the top of the list for both Big 10 and SEC. After that, UVa is coveted by the SEC. For the Big 10, F$U/Clemson are coveted by Fox/CBS/NBC more than the Big 10 presidents. Miami could satisfy Fox/CBS/NBC and the Big 10 presidents, but Frenko also fiddled while the ACC burned.

Beyond that, **** gets crazy.

I can agree with the evaluation that FSU isn't immediately financially additive to the SEC ... they already have UF in the State of Florida. However FSU (or Miami) to the Big 10 ... is IMMEDIATELY additive both financially (carriage fees), big game programming boost, and recruiting boost. This seems to be just another negotiating leak / ploy by the P2, with not a lot of foundation to it.

Advertisement
Of course. And this isn’t even specific to this thread or discussion, but it never fails to make me chuckle that when someone tells you what you wanna hear, their word is bond and they’re correct, but when they tell you what you don’t wanna hear, they’re an uninformed *******. It’s the best.

This is very true.

That's why I'm not fully buying into "Disruptive Partner" (though I would certainly wear a t-shirt mocking F$U for this).

We've seen about two years worth of conferences and networks using the press (and certain Twatterers like Genetics) as their puppets.

SUDDENLY, this "disruptive partner" story is the first true story in two years?

Come on, now. We've read weeks of "F$U and Clemson ain't it" stories BEFORE we ever caught wind of "disruptive partner".

Advertisement
McMurphy has fallen off since joining Action Network but dude was known in the industry as "sources" for a reason because he beat ESPN so often on college football scoops they paid a ton to hire him. He still has his contacts list and when he wants to put in the work can do legit reporting.
He’s been pretty back on last year tbh even there at action . He’s also a frequent guest across networks since he doesn’t have any obligations

Last edited:
I 100% believe FSU is seen by many as a disruptive partner. Their actions the past year has been, at many times, childish. But, that article also left some wiggle room also. I also think McMurphy is a convenient messenger, someone with a name that certain people can help pass a message. A message to what end? Have fsu back off, threaten fsu/Clemson woth needing to take lower shares, tell fsu to **** off? I don't know. And I think no one knows besides a small handful.

Look, USC and UCLA were "disruptive partners" too, laying their secretive plans.

Washington and Oregon were "disruptive partners" with their "significant inbound interest" in joining the Big 10.

History is written by the winners. Thus far, nobody in the ACC has won anything.

So the politically correct behind the scenes way Rad is handling realignment for Miami is the right way to go about this after all!

If the ACC survives, it’s because the GOR held up and FSU and Clemson have to turn over their media rights to the ACC.

Of course if that happens, the SEC and Big 10 won’t want to add them.

This tweet seems to be using a lot of words to say nothing. Almost like saying, “I won’t want to marry her if she doesn’t get a divorce from her current husband.”

Advertisement
Back