MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

(Not that this nitwit from the Arizona 247 site would know)

FSU and Clemson are going to the SEC.

This is all about the Brett Yormark fanning the flames of ACC instability so he and his Big XII can collect the scraps once the SEC and B1G are done poaching the ACC

You really believe ESPN will fight for FSU to join the SEC?
IMG_1420.gif

Advertisement

(Not that this nitwit from the Arizona 247 site would know)

FSU and Clemson are going to the SEC.

The speculation in this tweet and elsewhere is all about Brett Yormark fanning the flames of ACC instability so he and his Big XII can collect the scraps once the SEC and B1G are done poaching the ACC

I love Yormark stirring the pot.. **** these different conferences, but let Miami be P2 (preferably B1G) soooooooner than later...

ACC dies and the Big XII is the undisputed light heavyweight champ.

Maybe even cruiserweight if things break right for Yormark
And I am OK with that... at first I was all in on the ACC -- BECOMING ONE OF A BIG 4... now that they ****ed themselves with ineptness, ****ery and just being terrible at running a conference, they can die an embarrassing death, as we leave on top...

(Admittedly, we did not help ourselves or the ACC with our ****** performances since we joined the conference, etc. But **** them anyway.)

Advertisement
NC State but no UNC? What is their value without UNC propping them up?

They've won 10+ games ONE time in 118 years. And that lone season took place 22 years ago.

NC State without UNC is like having Oklahoma St without Oklahoma.. Oh.. wait.

The Big 12 is a little brother conference.

And I am OK with that... at first I was all in on the ACC -- BECOMING ONE OF A BIG 4... now that they ****ed themselves with ineptness, ****ery and just being terrible at running a conference, they can die an embarrassing death, as we leave on top...

(Admittedly, we did not help ourselves or the ACC with our ****** performances since we joined the conference, etc. But **** them anyway.)

If someone had said back in 2004 when Miami joined the ACC that men's basketball would reach the Sweet 16 four times in an 11-year span (including a Final Four), but football would win zero ACC titles (even though FSU fell off) in 20 years would any of us have believed it?

Last edited:
Advertisement
They must be counting on PE to bump up payouts

I'm not knocking you personally, Tony, but I really wish someone would explain this magic PE money. You know, the extra cash infusion that will never ever have to be paid back, right?

To quote the great Bob Dylan....

Might like to wear cotton, might like to wear silk
Might like to drink whiskey, might like to drink milk
Might like to eat caviar, you might like to eat bread
May be sleeping on the floor, sleepin' in a king-size bed

But you're gonna have to serve somebody (serve somebody)
Yes indeed, you're gonna have to serve somebody (serve somebody)
Well, it may be the Devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody

Advertisement
I would be surprised if FSU has that offer on the table but we’ll see.

No, but Washington/Oregon didn't have that offer on the table either. To quote the ESPN article, the Big 10 had SIGNIFICANT INBOUND INTEREST.

Some ACC schools need to start offering themselves up for half shares in the SEC and Big 10. The Big 12 is a bunch of illusory bull****, between "private equity" money and "naming rights".

It is a MASSIVE waste of money to pay an ACC exit fee to join the Big 12. It will never pay for itself.

Advertisement
No, but Washington/Oregon didn't have that offer on the table either. To quote the ESPN article, the Big 10 had SIGNIFICANT INBOUND INTEREST.

Some ACC schools need to start offering themselves up for half shares in the SEC and Big 10. The Big 12 is a bunch of illusory bull****, between "private equity" money and "naming rights".

It is a MASSIVE waste of money to pay an ACC exit fee to join the Big 12. It will never pay for itself.

That depends on what the ACC exit fee winds up being. Nobody knows that number.

Apples and oranges. FSU is ****ing off ESPN and the SEC, Florida in particular, doesn’t want FSU nor Miami in the SEC without major hurdles. At half share, perhaps it’s possible but I’m not sold that’s even on the table.

That depends on what the ACC exit fee winds up being. Nobody knows that number.

We know the constitutional number. And it could go down from there, with negotiation. But let's not expect that the ACC will let us out for much less than 100M each, if they are planning to remain in business.

Advertisement
Back