MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

I don't think it is entirely unreasonable for conferences to look at every possibility to avoid becoming extinct or relegated down a tier...
I agree. Just pointing out the questions as to how reasonable this proposed method would be. It's one thing to give higher payouts based on performance like the ACC, but to just agree to pay 2 conference members at a rate of 70% or more than the other 16 members regardless of performance? Plus, going out and getting PE money to be able to do it?

For that matter, I wonder how this guaranteed money vs. money based on performance will play out for the playoff as a whole. I understand there is a "look back" in 2028 to see if there should be adjustments in payouts for each conference based on performance, but ****, in theory, Miami could win the NC each year from 2024 - 2028 and still receive $8M less per year from the playoff than Vandy or Indiana.

Last edited:
Advertisement
ND really is their own economy
Pick and choose their schedule and get paid basically the same as the big boys. Can't get better than that.

Also their only difference in payout compared to the SEC teams is that the College Football Playoff TV contract pays them 11m less bc they arent in a conference.

Theyre living the good life

Advertisement
Got to believe

a). FSU isn't considering the B12 period.
b). The rumors are being spread by Yormark / B12 to put pressure on Miami / Louisville to agree to join as soon as FSU
bails from the ACC.
c). Rumors are being fostered by each party involved in realignment (conferences and media partners) and are agenda driven.
d). None of the "X Journalists" have any legit knowledge of what is actually happening behind the scenes.

I don’t have anything new to share, only thing to pass along is I was told everything is playing out as expected with court cases from fsu and Clemson. A settlement was the most realistic outcome from ACC, but unless there’s a curveball it won’t happen before the mid Aug deadline to leave for 2025 season.

Nothing has changed with Miami to bigten

Big12 rumors are being pushed for strategy reasons from other parties

I don’t have anything new to share, only thing to pass along is I was told everything is playing out as expected with court cases from fsu and Clemson. A settlement was the most realistic outcome from ACC, but unless there’s a curveball it won’t happen before the mid Aug deadline to leave for 2025 season.

What WAS or IS the status of "Miami to bigten" that you reference?? Not happening now? Further down the road? Or no information?

No groundbreaking info here but interesting that Feldman brought up Miami expecting a big season amidst the realignment discussion.

Advertisement
No groundbreaking info here but interesting that Feldman brought up Miami expecting a big season amidst the realignment discussion.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Listened to this podcast for the first time last night. Miami Flo is a guest. Very interesting discussion about realignment . These guys touch on a number of possibilities...... They agree with Flo that the next 10-14 days should bring some news......

Thanks. Sorry to drag you back in, but was answering the specific question about posters which have added value for people to pay attention to…

Thanks again for the update.

Advertisement
Pick and choose their schedule and get paid basically the same as the big boys. Can't get better than that.

Also their only difference in payout compared to the SEC teams is that the College Football Playoff TV contract pays them 11m less bc they arent in a conference.

they'll never leave their status esp since everyone gains a HUGE boost in ratings playing ND.

Advertisement

Even if the ACC blows up, I can't help but think they're more comfortable that they can stay independent if they want to now that NBC is one of the broadcast partners for the Big East.

Thanks. Sorry to drag you back in, but was answering the specific question about posters which have added value for people to pay attention to…

Thanks again for the update.

It’s inevitable that a path for ACC schools to leave gets paved

Miami and BigTen have been flirting for over 18 months.

The poker game, negotiation, gamble….. whatever you wanna call it, is how much ESPN wants SEC to take in the best ACC schools to play defense versus BigTen, and how much money/share they’re willing to offer versus BigTen offer

You guys have to remember that FOX and ESPN split up the Big12 tv deal, so this is really high stakes back channeling…… it’s musical chairs with FOX versus ESPN chairs

I’ll say it again, Miami is in communication with fsu and Clemson regarding their separate legal battles and prospects for landing in BigTen vs SEC

Advertisement
Back