MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

D$ has daily content… when he has this one, we’ll know…

This thread is rant-tastic, but no one knows anything…

other than GOR is not iron clad and Miami prefers the B1G… (being honest - those two SHOULDN’T take a plant inside the campus to conclude)

Thx Ibis for keeping me GROUNDED. It’s so rough seeing rumors for other schools (UNC, FSU, Clemson, Virginia) but never for US…

Advertisement
We’ve entered Idiocracy territory.

”B1G and SEC have electrolytes! It’s what plants crave!”

“If Yormark add FSU, UM, Clemson, UM, and another top team to the Big12, that make the Big12 every bit as competitive as the SEC and B1G.”

“But they have electrolytes! It’s what plants crave!"
We get our crocs and electrolytes at Costco. I really enjoy their greeters and how much enthusiasm they share when they see you entering!

I Love You Reaction Gif GIF by Death Wish Coffee

D$ has daily content… when he has this one, we’ll know…

This thread is rant-tastic, but no one knows anything…

other than GOR is not iron clad and Miami prefers the B1G… (being honest - those two SHOULDN’T take a plant inside the campus to conclude)
Shhhhhh!! Not too loud or @NorthernVirginiaCane will hear you

Advertisement
Someone remind me, what will Big 12 get for selling out their name??
Money.

How much? We'll find out once they complete that negotiation. Anyone heard of any estimates?

Much like stadium naming rights, I'm sure every other conference will take on a sponsor's name eventually. The question is will it be the Allstate Insurance Conference or the Allstate Insurance Big XII Conference? The former probably is worth more $$$ so I think they'll go that way. The SEC and B1G will probably include their existing names when they ***** themselves off (i.e. the Piggly Wiggly SEC and the Wisconsin Cheese B1G).

Money.

How much? We'll find out once they complete that negotiation. Anyone heard of any estimates?

Much like stadium naming rights, I'm sure every other conference will take on a sponsor's name eventually. The question is will it be the Allstate Insurance Conference or the Allstate Insurance Big XII Conference? The former probably is worth more $$$ so I think they'll go that way. The SEC and B1G will probably include their existing names when they ***** themselves off (i.e. the Piggly Wiggly SEC and the Wisconsin Cheese B1G).

Yeah. Thought read an amount somewhere when first mentioned by writers.

Next will be schools selling spots on their field.

Advertisement
I hear PE and flashback to the Presidential Physical Fitness test back in the day. Is today the standing broad jump or pull ups coach?
The dreaded 7 minute mile. I hated running. Think of the woke protests they’d have if they brought this back. I’d have to run as a girl or non-binary to get my run time right.

Advertisement
It has been. It was listed as a power five conference then a power four conference. Things are fluid right now.

To the extent that it's not, much has to do with the tobacco road overlords. Too many things are controlled by the North Carolina Cabal. We know the ACC had conference officials making final decisions in the replay booth (not referees, suit & tie conference politicians). This is at the core of why UM must get out of the ACC and into a conference where we can have some political pull, which is not the SEC or the Big Ten.
Without knowing a god**** thing, I can almost guarantee those sons of a ***** officials were in the replay booth for both Clemson and Florida State games where safeties were overturned

They must be counting on PE to bump up payouts
Yes, it is rumored they are aiming to bring in enough PE money to bump FSU & Clemson alone to within shouting distance of the B1G and SEC. Supposedly this would include a 10 or 15 year GOR agreement that all Big XII members would have to agree to in order to get the PE funds.

Bigger questions are, what are they telling PE they will do to pay them back.....with a nice ROI? Are the other Big XII members okay with signing onto a 10-15 year GOR when it seems only FSU and Clemson would be the beneficiaries of the bump in money coming from PE? IF FSU or Clemson slink into mediocrity in the next 5-10 years, will Yormark need to go on the witness protection program?

Last edited:
Advertisement
That last point is key. Reminds me of what Marsellus Wallace said about pride.

Look, I'll be the first person to say I DON'T WANT TO take a half-share. But Washington-Oregon ****ed things up for all of us.

So if yesterday's price is not today's price...then you have to figure out how to manage your pride.

Washington-Oregon dumped a bunch of chum in the water. We may have to sacrifice a limb or two to survive.

I'm fine with half-shares if there is a HARD date for going to full-shares. No more of this Rutgers-Maryland "whoops, we're not quite ready to pay you full shares" bull****.
If you asked me a year ago If I'd take half share in B10 for 2025-2030 if it meant getting out of ACC without having to pay a dime for GOR - and only had to pay $80-120M as conference Exit fee, I'd have taken that immediately.

Really don't think much has changed for me on that. Like we would have absolutely NEEDED full share if it was going to cost >$200M to leave. But it won't.

BigXII + FSU + Clemson + Miami + [insert another big name maybe] is no different than SEC or B1G...

...and Yormark knows it if the money is close. Whomever out markets whom (at least until the final big consolidation) becomes King.

Sankey and Pititti know this as well.
Could say the same about ACC + FSU + Clemson + Miami though.

Money.

Southwest Airlines SEC Conference

Advertisement
Back