MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

So not that my opinion means much, but TOC at least has the balls to admit the situations keep changing instead of dismissing any alternate theories with malice and venom.

There are a few insiders that were beating their chests with supreme confidence two years ago, some that you guys slobber over like fan girls in pathetic fashion as grown men…and they’re nowhere to be found now…funny how that works…

watching arrested development GIF

Advertisement
Thread started two years ago. And somehow, the negative people on the board are now trying to either (a) "take credit" for random guesses they made two years ago, while patting themselves on the back for being such geniuses, or (b) tear down the people who have contributed information and analysis to this thread for over 1,000 pages because the changes in the landscape have altered our Big 2 chances and/or timeframe

Any posters "who have contributed (worthwhile) information" in this particular thread that you can mention?

(Helps to keep an eye out when trying to follow along)

Advertisement
BigXII + FSU + Clemson + Miami + [insert another big name maybe] is no different than SEC or B1G...

...and Yormark knows it if the money is close. Whomever out markets whom (at least until the final big consolidation) becomes King.

Sankey and Pititti know this as well.

Last edited:
Uhhhh...no...

It's one of his most worthless rambles yet.

First, the idea of "real estate" is not nearly as revolutionary as he makes it out to be. When I was in business school, I heard a variation of that EXACT SAME STORY from both Wayne Huizenga himself (when he was running Blockbuster) and the head of all of the Florida Wal-Mart stores.

Second, for anyone who ACTUALLY knows Ray Kroc's story, he was ALL ABOUT the efficiencies of the business. Ray Kroc was selling McDonald's the MILKSHAKE MACHINES that they used, and he became interested in expanding McDonald's. He convinced the McDonald brothers to let him expand the concept, and among his many "MAKING FOOD" ideas was the concept of the assembly-line production and the standardized menu.

So for some dopey porster to act like Ray Kroc had an epiphany about being a "real estate" company rather than a "making food" company is just a joke, it completely obliterates all of the MANY innovations that Ray Kroc introduced to the fast food industry. And, sure, maybe he realized the importance of real estate ALSO, but that is NOT what helped McDonald's to "turn the corner". That is just about the most brain-dead and misguided summation I've ever heard.

I could name a dozen major "MAKING FOOD" ideas that Ray Kroc pioneered, having nothing to do with "real estate selection". As if the magic of "picking a good corner" suddenly fixed all of the McDonald's "quality control" and "supply chain" issues that this non-genius is yapping about.

To quote South Park's description of Mormonism, "Dum dum dum dum dum"

You wrote 5 paragraphs to say what I said in one. Kroc implemented new concepts that no one else in the industry was doing. It made McDonalds the company into the business it is today. I hope you don’t bill clients the way you write. Overbilling is a crime. I think you might owe your clients a refund.

Btw I love random name dropping in a desperate attempt for clout. Wayne Huizenga also spoke to my class, but he told a story about a different time he spoke to a business school class and had to deal with an obnoxious student that made up information and insulted anyone who presented alternate ideas. What a small world!

I sat next to Henry Kissinger on the DC metro once. He farted on my leg. I looked at him in bewilderment and in his German accent he slowly intoned, "He who smelt it, dealt it."

Last edited:
Advertisement
BigXII + FSU + Clemson + Miami + [insert another big name maybe] is no different than SEC or B1G...

...and Yormark knows it if the money is close. Whomever out market whom (at least until the final big consolidation) becomes King.

Sankey and Pititti know this as well.

We’ve entered Idiocracy territory.

”B1G and SEC have electrolytes! It’s what plants crave!”

“If Yormark add FSU, UM, Clemson, UM, and another top team to the Big12, that make the Big12 every bit as competitive as the SEC and B1G.”

“But they have electrolytes! It’s what plants crave!"

It really is amazing how many people see "private equity" and take it to be some sort of booster arranged "gift". Private equity / institutional investors ... want greater economic returns than they can attain via other investments of comparable risk. Private equity "participation", ie, investment, would be a chunk of funds in return for a specified % of an athletic program's revenue streams (could be TV revenue, ticket sales, NIL (advertising), use of name, etc). In some instances it might be long term debt for an amount (like the exit fee ... $130M / 20 years / LIBOR +2% or some such formula).
PE wants a minimum 20% return. It should be the last option for any school or conference.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Dude really just said the most disrespectful TurboKaren that I’ve ever seen on this site is respectful of other opinions.

If I use a VPN and create a new profile , and then post absurd compliments about Squid Bumciorek, do you think the mods will notice?

Look at the crybabies crying...

Pathetic.

Only ones I see complaining like ******* are Squidbum and CaneinBroward (among others). The usual whiny suspects.

Advertisement
Have our INSIDERS said anything this year AT ALL? I feel so BEAT. We might not leave this decade and it’s FRUSTRATING

Advertisement
Have our INSIDERS said anything this year AT ALL? I feel so BEAT. We might not leave this decade and it’s FRUSTRATING

D$ has daily content… when he has this one, we’ll know…

This thread is rant-tastic, but no one knows anything…

other than GOR is not iron clad and Miami prefers the B1G… (being honest - those two SHOULDN’T take a plant inside the campus to conclude)

Then why isn't the ACC top level?

It has been. It was listed as a power five conference then a power four conference. Things are fluid right now.

To the extent that it's not, much has to do with the tobacco road overlords. Too many things are controlled by the North Carolina Cabal. We know the ACC had conference officials making final decisions in the replay booth (not referees, suit & tie conference politicians). This is at the core of why UM must get out of the ACC and into a conference where we can have some political pull, which is not the SEC or the Big Ten.

First, anybody joining the Big12 is going to be expected to sign on with a GOR. And to get teams like FSU, Clemson, or us, they're going to go the private equity route, so the GOR is going to be 10 years minimum, maybe 15-20. The Big12 rumors are meaningless because nobody is going to join that conference with the target being B1G and SEC. No school president that we end up hiring is going to trade away ACC associations for Big12 associations unless the ACC has been decimated and there is no other choice.

I don't hate the Big12, I think they got a nice thing going and I want to see the P4 remain to some degree even if the top 2 in the P4 is much stronger than the bottom 2. But like somebody else said, there's a reason why the Big12 payouts are STILL less than the ****** ACCs which was signed a decade ago.

UVA is one of the most beautiful college towns in the country. North Carolina is always beautiful to travel to. Atlanta is a easy, cheap, fun trip and GT looks like they're on the way out of the ACC basement to the upper half of the conference. I'm not going to say WF and Duke are the most exciting matchups, but every conference has teams you don't get hyped to play, atleast ours make for attractive travel destinations and have solid academic reputations with which to associate.

On a macro level, I have to think the media and NCAA executive management know that they need more than two power conferences, but I dont think we'll know how it all shakes out for another decade or so.

Advertisement
Back