MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

It takes a village to try to stop TOC…

View attachment 294695
…and you can’t stop TOC… you can only hope to contain him.

8wmr77.webp

Advertisement
You were wrong when you said this to me ten months ago, and you're wrong now.

Instead of being the guy who marries the hot, rich chick and loses everything in the divorce, and ends up living in a van down by the river, maybe you should marry the ****, chunky girl with the giant tata's who will cook, clean, raise the kids and love you forever for who you are. Okay, offbeat analogy. lol

Seriously though. UM can be a premier program in the Big XII. In the Big Ten, UM is an afterthought; A political outsider, just like in the ACC. I still maintain my position that UM is better off taking nominally less money to be in the Big XII than in the Big Ten.
Only way we should even entertain the Big 12 is if Clemson, FSU, and Notre Dame going as well and we’re also getting minimum 70-80 mil payout with an option out the contract in 5-7 years. I understand the analogy though.

By the way I don’t think non of what I mentioned would happen.

Advertisement
You were wrong when you said this to me ten months ago, and you're wrong now.

Instead of being the guy who marries the hot, rich chick and loses everything in the divorce, and ends up living in a van down by the river, maybe you should marry the ****, chunky girl with the giant tata's who will cook, clean, raise the kids and love you forever for who you are. Okay, offbeat analogy. lol

Seriously though. UM can be a premier program in the Big XII. In the Big Ten, UM is an afterthought; A political outsider, just like in the ACC. I still maintain my position that UM is better off taking nominally less money to be in the Big XII than in the Big Ten.
You are a very poor analyst / evaluator of opportunities and drastically underestimate or totally ignore the changing landscape of big time college football.

-The P2 CONTROL access to the CFP and they control the CFP media payout distribution.
-The ACC and B12 receive half ... currently ... the amount of CFP payout distribution once the new agreement kicks in.
-The CFP payout agreement has a LOOK IN clause that permits the P2 to ADJUST / MODIFY the distribution to
conferences based on CONFERENCE MAKE UP. Once the ACC loses FSU / Clemson the payout to the ACC will be cut back.
-Access to AIR TIME ... visibility on a national level ... will increasingly be dominated BY the P2 and the B12 / ACC will become
less and less relevant on a national level.

Within 4 years if you're not IN the P2 it is going to be dramatically more difficult to attract 4-5 star players regardless of NIL. A media analyst posted stat that showed as much as 60% of prime time national college football viewers are CASUAL viewers ... who just look at the national games being broadcast and pick one to watch. If you're conference is only having games broadcast on regional streaming apps ... nobody is going to be watching. The B12 is literally a "leftover" conference. It is a place where, if a team grows and improves, they "get out" and make it to a legit conference, which is more and more going to be ONLY the Big 10 and SEC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What I don't get is why anyone thinks the B12 is more appealing than the ACC today?
You want to know how I know it’s not?

Because as ****** as it is and as ****** as the tv deal is that was signed almost a decade ago, it still is more money than big 12 new deal that just started.

And I hate the acc

Acting like we can be baseline 40-70 m behind sec and big ten every year and try to compete with them on recruiting and other things is laughable.

Advertisement
You want to know how I know it’s not?

Because as ****** as it is and as ****** as the tv deal is that was signed almost a decade ago, it still is more money than big 12 new deal that just started.

And I hate the acc

Acting like we can be baseline 40-70 m behind sec and big ten every year and try to compete with them on recruiting and other things is laughable.
... And this is all before the ACC has implemented their performance-based payouts that I think starts this year, that slightly increases the payouts to the top like 4 teams - which we will be.

You are a very poor analyst / evaluator of opportunities and drastically underestimate or totally ignore the changing landscape of big time college football.

-The P2 CONTROL access to the CFP and they control the CFP media payout distribution.
-The ACC and B12 receive half ... currently ... the amount of CFP payout distribution once the new agreement kicks in.
-The CFP payout agreement has a LOOK IN clause that permits the P2 to ADJUST / MODIFY the distribution to
conferences based on CONFERENCE MAKE UP. Once the ACC loses FSU / Clemson the payout to the ACC will be cut back.
-Access to AIR TIME ... visibility on a national level ... will increasingly be dominated BY the P2 and the B12 / ACC will become

Within 4 years if you're not IN the P2 it is going to be dramatically more difficult to attract 4-5 star players regardless of NIL. A media analyst posted stat that showed as much as 60% of prime time national college football viewers are CASUAL viewers ... who just look at the national games being broadcast and pick one to watch. If you're conference is only having games broadcast on regional streaming apps ... nobody is going to be watching. The B12 is literally a "leftover" conference. It is a place where, if a team grows and improves, they "get out" and make it to a legit conference, which is more and more going to be ONLY the Big 10 and SEC.
I think you forgot to add "you are a poopy head".

Within 4 years if you're not IN the P2 it is going to be dramatically more difficult to attract 4-5 star players regardless of NIL. A media analyst posted stat that showed as much as 60% of prime time national college football viewers are CASUAL viewers ... who just look at the national games being broadcast and pick one to watch. If you're conference is only having games broadcast on regional streaming apps ... nobody is going to be watching.
The B12 is literally a "leftover" conference. It is a place where, if a team grows and improves, they "get out" and make it to a legit conference, which is more and more going to be ONLY the Big 10 and SEC.

The crux of your rambling analysis is the bold part, which is exactly where we have agreement. The only difference between you and me is that I understand that UM is a leftover. If we weren't, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Once you accept that, you will realize that our best bet is not to chase the P2 at any cost but rather to cut the best deal for ourselves outside of the P2 with a soft out in case things change down the line.

Advertisement
Back