MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

You realize how far AHEAD of CIS the Warchant Realignment thread is? They passed 100,000 posts yesterday and we are just over 20,000. Now a lot of that was the required "best chicken sandwich" debate, and then apparently a couple thousand @Genetics self flagellation posts, but the "FSU to the B12" boosted the page and post count like a Cape Canaveral moon shot!! Talk about panic!!

Advertisement
I was scoffed at for saying the Big XII would be our best move.

Here's me looking at all y'all now:

Come Austin Powers GIF
Guess who will keep our seat warm there? FSU! Aww! It’s been so long Nolies! Let’s have a “state champ rivalry” with UCF!

Allow me to illuminate-

A long time ago McDonald's was a struggling company- it had started franchising but quality was all over the place, they couldn't get the supply chain figured out, and banks stopped giving them loans. A smart man told Ray Kroc he was looking at the business the wrong way. McDonald's was in the real estate business, not the "making food" business. From that point on, everything changed. Yormark said something a while back that struck me as similarly insightful. He said he was in the marketing business. His job is to build the brand. That is, in fact, today's reality. The conference commissioner is not in the football business, he is in the marketing business. Yomark gets it. The ACC commissioner does not.
You want to know how I know it’s not?

Because as ****** as it is and as ****** as the tv deal is that was signed almost a decade ago, it still is more money than big 12 new deal that just started.

And I hate the acc

Acting like we can be baseline 40-70 m behind sec and big ten every year and try to compete with them on recruiting and other things is laughable.
Remember Yormark is seriously looking at Naming Rights, and he said during media days the other day, that private equity funding is also being looked at too, he said he already has offers on his table for a lot of this stuff.. so he is trying his best to market and make sure the B12 does not get left behind.

And don't think for a second that if he is successful in that, that the B1G and $ec won't follow soon as well.

Meanwhile the ACC and **** Phillips stay getting cucked! They think this will all pass and nothing will happen, and they are dead wrong. Most of the shows that cover college sports all know...the writing is on the wall, and ACC is doomed.

Dude, the point is, it is going on back channel and we're going off of what you put out there. Maybe put a lInk to where you are getting it from and then we don't have to figure out whether you're putting your spin on things or if that is exactly how the source interpreted it.

In this case, the reasons for no votes seem questionable.....to be kind.

"Dude" ?? What are you 12? Why do YOU think a group of SEC schools don't want to add a 2nd Florida school to the SEC? Doesn't bring carriage fees so there is no immediate $$$ bump. Just like FSU fans want to see Miami "relegated" to the B12 leftover conference, many of the SEC programs would prefer to just leave FSU where they are ... in the crappy ACC or let them be "relegated" to the B12 .... makes it much easier for the SEC programs to recruit against.

Advertisement
Allow me to illuminate-

A long time ago McDonald's was a struggling company- it had started franchising but quality was all over the place, they couldn't get the supply chain figured out, and banks stopped giving them loans. A smart man told Ray Kroc he was looking at the business the wrong way. McDonald's was in the real estate business, not the "making food" business. From that point on, everything changed. Yormark said something a while back that struck me as similarly insightful. He said he was in the marketing business. His job is to build the brand. That is, in fact, today's reality. The conference commissioner is not in the football business, he is in the marketing business. Yomark gets it. The ACC commissioner does not.
tenor-1808756822.gif

giphy-1492469668.gif

Okay, I'll admit, just wanted an excuse for the James Brown GiF...

Allow me to illuminate-

In before TOC calls anyone that talks about your post as a “McDonald’s Fanboy” while his guy Rad is a long time McDowell’s supporter… ACC… the home of the Big Mick..

IMG_1923.webp

Advertisement
20 years ago a 19 year old Entrepreneur founded a company and grew it to a valuation of $10B within a decade The company made many bold claims, moved quickly, and Marketed well. That marketing led to many investments... And it all ended with Elizabeth Holmes in prison. Cause at the end of the day, if you don't have an actual good product to sell, you won't last.
I think serving size is 1-2 ea.

You aren't supposed to eat all of them in a single session.

sec-img4.webp

Slow that **** down.

It's not all up to Sankey. He can strategize, propose and push, but at the end of the day he needs the conference members approval which is 3/4 vote I believe. If he had it it would be a done deal apparently ... but so far he doesn't have it.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night.

- Sun Tzu

Advertisement
30 years ago brown diamonds were considered junk and worthless. Then someone came up with the idea to call them "chocolate diamonds" and demand (and the price) soared. Branding and marketing. Yormark himself called the Big12 a "mature start-up." I think that is exactly correct. He has the flexibility to make moves that even the P2 can't because they are locked into contracts with monolithic media companies.

It sounds like you can predict the future and you know the B12 isn't going to be successful long term. You should use your powers of clairvoyance to make lots of money.

Personally I like the idea of small scrappy conference doing unorthodox things to shake up the good ol' boys in the SEC and B1G, and then establishing itself as the cool alternative to the P2. Reminds me of a certain program in the 1980s...
Animated GIF

@Empirical Cane and I are impressed and 100% sold on your reasoning here.

@TheOriginalCane would you agree that in this situation ole Squiddles here makes an insightful point?

Uhhhh...no...

It's one of his most worthless rambles yet.

First, the idea of "real estate" is not nearly as revolutionary as he makes it out to be. When I was in business school, I heard a variation of that EXACT SAME STORY from both Wayne Huizenga himself (when he was running Blockbuster) and the head of all of the Florida Wal-Mart stores.

Second, for anyone who ACTUALLY knows Ray Kroc's story, he was ALL ABOUT the efficiencies of the business. Ray Kroc was selling McDonald's the MILKSHAKE MACHINES that they used, and he became interested in expanding McDonald's. He convinced the McDonald brothers to let him expand the concept, and among his many "MAKING FOOD" ideas was the concept of the assembly-line production and the standardized menu.

So for some dopey porster to act like Ray Kroc had an epiphany about being a "real estate" company rather than a "making food" company is just a joke, it completely obliterates all of the MANY innovations that Ray Kroc introduced to the fast food industry. And, sure, maybe he realized the importance of real estate ALSO, but that is NOT what helped McDonald's to "turn the corner". That is just about the most brain-dead and misguided summation I've ever heard.

I could name a dozen major "MAKING FOOD" ideas that Ray Kroc pioneered, having nothing to do with "real estate selection". As if the magic of "picking a good corner" suddenly fixed all of the McDonald's "quality control" and "supply chain" issues that this non-genius is yapping about.

To quote South Park's description of Mormonism, "Dum dum dum dum dum".

Last edited:
Three questions:

(1) Why is it better to be the king of the kiddy table and college football g-league than to have a seat at the table in the P2?

(2) How do you overcome the recruiting and tv/streaming disparities with the P2? Who’s gonna come play for us in the Big 12, if they get same or similar NIL in the P2? Why would they play in a conference with less national visibility?

(3) Why do we care if we’re the premiere team in a conference? Nobody cares who the premiere team in the AAC, MAC sunbelt, etc is. A Miami that’s a top 3-4 team in the BIG 10 gets way more respect than a Miami that’s #1 in the Big 12. It’s not hard to be the “premiere option” when your competition is Baylor, Cincinnati, Houston, OKST, TCU, etc

The Big 12 isn’t an option you take unless you have no other options.

Three stunningly simple and accurate points.

Next, some of these porsters will start telling us about how they run around naked with dwarfs so that women will think their ***** are bigger than they actually are...

Advertisement
20 years ago a 19 year old Entrepreneur founded a company and grew it to a valuation of $10B within a decade The company made many bold claims, moved quickly, and Marketed well. That marketing led to many investments... And it all ended with Elizabeth Holmes in prison. Cause at the end of the day, if you don't have an actual good product to sell, you won't last.

Completely true.

Maybe this guy can entertain us with some more overly simplistic and completely irrelevant business stories, as we sit by the fireplace hoping that Yormark will save us from our troubles.

Uhhhh...no...

It's one of his most worthless rambles yet.

First, the idea of "real estate" is not nearly as revolutionary as he makes it out to be. When I was in business school, I heard a variation of that EXACT SAME STORY from both Wayne Huizeng himself (when he was running Blockbuster) and the head of all of the Florida Wal-Mart stores.

Second, for anyone who ACTUALLY knows Ray Kroc's story, he was ALL ABOUT the efficiencies of the business. Ray Kroc was actually selling McDonald's the MILKSHAKE MACHINES that they used, and he became interested in expanding McDonald's. He convinced the McDonald brothers to let him expand the concept, and among his many "MAKING FOOD" ideas was the concept of the assembly-line production and the standardized menu.

So for some dopey porster to act like Ray Kroc had an epiphany about being a "real estate" company rather than a "making food" company is just a joke, it completely obliterates all of the MANY innovations that Ray Kroc introduced to the fast food industry. And, sure, maybe he realized the importance of real estate ALSO, but that is NOT what helped McDonald's to "turn the corner". That is just about the most brain-dead and misguided summation I've ever heard.

I could name a dozen major "MAKING FOOD" ideas that Ray Kroc pioneered, having nothing to do with "real estate selection". As if the magic of "picking a good corner" suddenly fixed all of the McDonald's "quality control" and "supply chain" issues that this non-genius is yapping about.

To quote South Park's description of Mormonism, "Dum dum dum dum dum".
They need to bring back the McRib.

About as likely as him turning the B12 into "chocolate diamonds" instead of the "worthless junk" that brown diamonds actually are.

Yes. Let's see if any CIS porster wants to tell us how he bought his significant other a massive chocoloate diamond engagement ring for a couple hundred.

Good lord. "Chocolate diamonds". Now I've heard it all...

Advertisement
Back