MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

They're not "chained" anywhere. They can announce departure tomorrow for the 2025 season and continue the court action. They are waiting for a court ruling on the ESPN media agreement / GOR definition. FSU is receiving (finally) an un-redacted copy of the agreement this week. Once they have a document to actually reference in a filing the door will be open with a minimal (if any) media buyback fee. That is the only reason they are delaying ... lower the exit cost.

Any amount under $140mm is a win. FSU lawyers were pushing that even that level is ridiculous.

I’m gonna go hog wild posting receipts when people said the GOR was ironclad and in place until 2033

Advertisement
The only sure things in life are death, taxes, and you acting like a Karen.

Haircut Karen GIF by moodman

Don’t get mad that I’m batting 1.000 and you are below the Mendoza line. The reason I draw attention to the fact that I’ve been right on everything and you have been wrong on everything is that I freely admit I have no sources. I just have Google and the capability to do critical thinking, whereas you pretend to have sources and have a Karen meltdown anytime anyone dares to question your nonsense. I’m doing a public service to ensure people treat your posts and opinions with the amount of respect they deserve, which is very little.

Death, taxes, and Squidbum lying, as well as your use of that outdated meme.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Any amount under $140mm is a win. FSU lawyers were pushing that even that level is ridiculous.

I’m gonna go hog wild posting receipts when people said the GOR was ironclad and in place until 2033
The ACC stated that the judges ruling regarding the GOR was that it's binding and that Clemson won't contest it.

Now I just read that the judge in question dismissed Clemsons motion to dismiss that the GOR will be accepted by a judge as a legally binding contract.

I'm confused.

The ACC stated that the judges ruling regarding the GOR was that it's binding and that Clemson won't contest it.

Now I just read that the judge in question dismissed Clemsons motion to dismiss that the GOR will be accepted by a judge as a legally binding contract.

I'm confused.

If the ACC states something, that's how you know it's a lie.

ACC not combining with the Big12/Pac10 was a bad mistake

I'm pretty sure I posted it on this board back before the last round of musical chairs (if not here, then on Shadow's board).. but I thought that a merger between the ACC & Big12 would have made for a very strong 24-26 team conference. It would have solidified the new conference as a major player with huge brands in the SE and SW, and fairly strong connections to the NE and Midwest

It would also have opened up negotiations for more money from ESPN and Fox. That conference would have included a first tier of

Clemson
FSU
Miami
NC State
**ND (partial, with additional pressure to join)
Oklahoma
Texas
UNC

With a second tier of

Duke (basketball strength pushes up)
Iowa State
Kansas (see above)
Kansas State
OK State
Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia

That would have been a solid conference in all sports, men's and women's and would have been able to be FIRST to go negotiate in this new era. They could have set the table

Unfortunately, no one who matters thought of that at the time. Everyone was trying to sing kumbaya and protect their little fiefdoms instead of noticing the signs that real revolution was on the way

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is an accurate depiction Of this page of this thread.

It's all good, he can call me whatever names he can think of, I don't really care.

I did think it was funny when he bragged about batting 1.000 with all his original, unique ideas that he claimed he got by Googling.

Advertisement
It's all good, he can call me whatever names he can think of, I don't really care.

I did think it was funny when he bragged about batting 1.000 with all his original, unique ideas that he claimed he got by Googling.
The batting 1000% made me laugh and I don’t follow this thread avidly but no one bats 1000%

Advertisement
Back