MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Pardon me for asking as I don’t follow this closely so I’m sure I have missed plenty but how would that be good for UM?

First of all, I said it would be "funny".

As for how it could benefit Miami, some of it would be financial, some of it would be "karma".

If the SEC and Big 10 are dragging their heels on UM/FSU, and then the Big 12 (or ACC) manages to assemble UM-FSU-UCF-USF in one conference, then you would have (a) the Big 10 effectively blocked out of the third largest state in the US, where many of their alums live, and (b) the SEC effectively blocked out of expanding in the third largest state in the US.

Furthermore, the Gator "flagship school" nonsense is not some permanent hegemony that they should be relying on so casually and arrogantly. UCF is now bigger than UF in total enrollment. USF has surpassed UF in undergrads, and only lags UF on the graduate side.

I know you live elsewhere now, but I see this every day with my longtime friends. A friend who is a UF or UM alum will post something on FaceBook where the son or daughter is now "off to UCF" or "off to USF". For 100 years, UF alums could count on their kids being admitted, but that isn't happening as much anymore.

If UCF and USF get into a good conference with more local (southeastern) rivals, and they improve in football and basketball, they will start to eat into the automatic "I'm a Gator fan, no matter where I went to school" fanbase.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Personally. I have zero desire for Miami to be in the big12. We have zero history with those schools and I don’t want to travel all the way west for those away games. It’s big10 or sec imo with a preference for big10

Your reading comprehension is pathetic.

It's not an "FSU/Clemson strategy to sue the ACC into adding" anyone.

It's what the ACC can do to blunt the Big 12 trying to poach teams.

Try harder.

Waaaah, waaaah, "leveling up USF and UCF", waaaaah waaaaah.

What in the actual **** do you think is going to happen once F$U joins the Big 12, which already has UCF and is likely to add USF now that they are in the AAU and are building an on-campus stadium.

You're some kind of genius, aren't you? F$U is about to "level up" UCF and USF if they join the Big 12. Who gives a **** if that happens in the ACC?
More TOC Tears...

Definitely Karen triggered again... as she covers her bases for Miami being in the B1G, Big XII, SEC or ACC....

The most hilarious scenario would be:

-SEC presidents decline FSU in spite of ESPN pressure.
-BIG 10 presidents decline FSU due to lack of AAU ... in spite of FOX pressure.
-FSU ends up as "the jewell" of the Big 12.
-Miami goes to the BIG 10 with Ga Tech, and ND does a scheduling agreement with the B10.
-UNC / UVA / Va Tech / NC St to the SEC

ACC becomes a glorified G5, and the B12 gets further relegated in access to the CFP.

200.gif

Advertisement
Bro, I agree with the majority of slap you sling here, but let's be honest **** Phillips is a *****, and a placeholder who still thinks it's the 90's or early 2000's. He is currently the WOAT commissioner of a dying ***** known as the ACC. He is almost as worthless as Bukake James was at Miami.

I 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 at your sentiment of **** Phillips trying to do anything remotely progressive...he's a Cuck, let's be honest here man.

Sadly, I think your entire post is correct and accurate.

I posted it as a Terminator "come with me if you want to live" statement. Phillips (and pretty much all past ACC Commissioners) have had a weird combination of arrogance and pussiness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back