MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Regal has been hinting on Warchant for months that if there wasn't a reasonable and timely settlement that the FSU law suit might get "down and dirty" once they enter the discovery phase. Mentioned deposing Swofford, his son and Swofford's wife (who ended up on the Raycom payroll once Raycom was inserted into the media deal in 2010), looking into the Raycom deal, the possibility of some preferential treatment to Tobacco Road schools (ie, "unique cash distributions"), along with other "improprieties" that would demonstrate corrupt conference management. That is one reason he commented on the "Clemson / ACC Letter", in which Clemson, after some negotiating, declined to move a Saturday game to Black Friday in spite of having been offered several concessions or sweeteners (one of which was moving a future road game with NC State to a NIGHT GAME AT HOME for Clemson ... a big advantage for Clemson).

"Supposed improprieties" run the gamut from "mismanagement" to possible felonies. All part of the tactics to reduce exit costs to the minimum, or even turn the tables like Clemson did when they filed for damages. Asking for a CLEAR explanation of what is taking place and a likely outcome is like asking 10 different people for their interpretation of a RORSCHACH TEST.

Shhh…you are going to interrupt Genetics and RegalNole while they are 69’ing…
I was trying to come up with a Mt. Rushmore for the Mega-Conference thread. After I put the first guy up, I was like why mess with perfection???

kDKJqjWz.gif

All I had to do is change the hats out on the next 3. 😃

I was trying to come up with a Mt. Rushmore for the Mega-Conference thread. After I put the first guy up, I was like why mess with perfection???

View attachment 293945

All I had to do is change the hats out on the next 3. 😃

But, um, back to the lecture at hand
Perfection is perfected, so I'ma let 'em understand
From a young G's perspective

Advertisement
Screenshot-2024-07-05-at-1-10-09-PM.png

... six commits (so far) among the Top 200 prospects in the the Class of 2025

The potential to recruit at an elite level like this is the biggest reason why Miami will never be invited (imo) to the SEC.

UF and their soon-to-be SEC butt buddies in Tallahassee would raise **** (as would Bama, Aub, UGA, LSU, Tennessee etc, etc, etc....)

Good thing is the B1G/Fox and friends will be falling over themselves to land a program with this sort of high-end potential (even after all these years of mediocrity) that UM has been blessed with ...

The potential to recruit at an elite level like this is the biggest reason why Miami will never be invited (imo) to the SEC.

UF and their soon-to-be SEC butt buddies in Tallahassee would raise **** (as would Bama, Aub, UGA, LSU, Tennessee etc, etc, etc....)

Good thing is the B1G/Fox and friends will be falling over themselves to land a program with this sort of high-end potential (even after all these years of mediocrity) that UM has been blessed with ...
No 5-stars.

Fold program

Advertisement

Since these are their recruits, how is it "potential" to recruit like this? They are already doing it. Texas A&M was ****ed about Texas coming in, but there didn't seem to be a huge wave of **** raised by Bama, Aub, UGA, etc. with them being brought in. Why do you think it would be that way for Miami?

Since these are their recruits, how is it "potential" to recruit like this? They are already doing it. Texas A&M was ****ed about Texas coming in, but there didn't seem to be a huge wave of **** raised by Bama, Aub, UGA, etc. with them being brought in. Why do you think it would be that way for Miami?

Good questions mi amigo.

IMO, it ultimately comes down to Miami being a square peg for a round hole SEC and Sankey saying to his constituents "We'll have Florida and Florida State, so do we really need a smallish private school with attendance challenges playing in an NFL stadium?"

Don't think he'll have a hard time building a consensus at "no, we don't"

Also believe the sort of disdain leadership at SEC schools may well have for Texas wouldn't be the same — or as problematic — as what they'd feel about us for the reasons dissected here and elsewhere a million times

Good questions mi amigo.

IMO, it ultimately comes down to Miami being a square peg for a round hole SEC and Sankey saying to his constituents "We'll have Florida and Florida State, so do we really need a smallish private school with attendance challenges playing in an NFL stadium?"

Also believe the sort of disdain leadership at SEC schools may well have for Texas wouldn't be the same — or as problematic — as what they'd feel about us for the reasons dissected here and elsewhere a million times
Miami is a much better strategic center of gravity target for B1G than SEC.

Miami is a much better target of denial for SEC than B1G.

Advertisement

I've been thinking about this one a lot. It just doesn't make sense to me.

IF that's the reason the SEC is keeping us out, wouldn't it be in the B1G's best interest to do the same? What makes it a smart strategy for the SEC but not the B1G?

IF the SEC schools don't want Miami to become a super power again, I can't imagine the golden children of the B1G would want to see us rebuild the wall around south Florida either.

IF this is true about the SEC, I just have a hard time believing the B1G would want to see us to return to glory if it means watching us beating their blue bloods for recruits and titles. I can't see OSU, Penn St, Michigan or (eventually) Notre Dame shedding any tears if boogeyman Miami dies a slow death in exile.

IF that's the reason the SEC is keeping us out, wouldn't it be in the B1G's best interest to do the same? What makes it a smart strategy for the SEC but not the B1G?

IF the SEC schools don't want Miami to become a super power again, I can't imagine the golden children of the B1G would want to see us rebuild the wall around south Florida either.

IF this is true about the SEC, I just have a hard time believing the B1G would want to see us to return to glory if it means watching us beating their blue bloods for recruits and titles. I can't see OSU, Penn St, Michigan or (eventually) Notre Dame shedding any tears if boogeyman Miami dies a slow death in exile.
Yormark and his media savvy backers realize this as well.

1675050488610.gif

Good questions mi amigo.

Agreed. But then Miami's superb ability to recruit has nothing to do with the SEC's non-interest. If anything, Miami's ability to recruit is the only reason the SEC could have any interest at all.

With all due respect, this "fear" of the rebirth of Miami is ridiculous. This is all about eyes on TV sets and the $$$ that comes along with that. If anything, the idea that Miami is coming back is an enhancement for Miami to get into the P2, not a deterrent.

This place is schizo. One week, Miami has had one good season in 20 years, its lost its mojo, it won't get a P2 invite. This week, Miami is tearing it up on the recruiting trail, good days are right around the corner, oh ****, everyone is afraid of Miami, they won't get a P2 invite.

Advertisement
Back