MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Soooo… why WASTE time and not sue as well? When we’re free agents, you don’t see a scenario where we’re NKT IN. So let’s become free agents… like fsu and Clemson are MOVING TO DO.

It’s not like we just ride the WAVE and not have to sue. Sure FSU is doing SOME WORK but we’re 7 months in and FSU isn’t anywhere. Only way fsu is getting out is a SETTKEMENT. Courts take time… ACC will play the same game with us… probably EVEN MORE since no way they let us walk out easy with same FSU BUYOUT when we become the most valuable property… we will have to dance with the courts AS WELL. why WAIT a second more?
Because you will know the exact avenue and also how much FSU paid to get out. Also if those lawsuit are proven to be true, the whole thing maybe void, hence my free agent comment. Someone said, the commissioner unilaterally extended the tv deal with ESPN, if true the tv deal maybe invalid.

In any case dont get mad at me, just speculating like everyone else.

Advertisement
@Rickd

Think I saw where you said you didn’t think much of Greg Flugauer, but fwiw he made it clear today those “FSU to the Big Ten” rumblings his sources had been hearing pretty much dried up over the last month or so.

Flugs also said his contacts seemed convinced ESPN would do what it needed to do to keep FSU and Clemson in the fold (i.e. SEC) after their inevitable exit from the ACC.

Just passing it along for those who might be interested
I believe there are a couple of guys on Warchant that have more direct contacts than Flugs and they have been pretty consistent all along.

-FSU has had a back channel Big 10 offer since last year.
-ESPN really doesn't want to lose FSU to the Big 10
-ESPN might pull off a last minute deal to get FSU into the SEC
-Nobody outside of the FSU AD and president really know the final destination / decision.

Flugs has always maintained the position "FSU has no offer from anybody to any conference", and I don't believe that is correct. They might not have a notarized letter on embossed conference stationary, but they have a back channel confirmation of a landing spot. The bigger question is, how much horse trading is ACTUALLY going on involving FOX, ESPN, Venu Sports, the Big 10 / SEC and HOW MANY ACC programs will potentially be involved? How drastically will the ACC be "reconfigured"?

-Just two teams for now (FSU & Clemson)?
-OR are four teams going to participate? Two to the Big 10 and two to the SEC?
-OR more than four?

Will UNC, a charter ACC member and Tobacco Road blue blood, remain as the glue to hold the ACC together? Or will they bail?

We will see if anything happens in July.

I believe there are a couple of guys on Warchant that have more direct contacts than Flugs and they have been pretty consistent all along.

-Nobody outside of the FSU AD and president really know the final destination / decision.

Flugs has always maintained the position "FSU has no offer from anybody to any conference", and I don't believe that is correct. They might not have a notarized letter on embossed conference stationary, but they have a back channel confirmation of a landing spot. The bigger question is, how much horse trading is ACTUALLY going on involving FOX, ESPN, Venu Sports, the Big 10 / SEC and HOW MANY ACC programs will potentially be involved? How drastically will the ACC be "reconfigured"?

-OR more than four?

Will UNC, a charter ACC member and Tobacco Road blue blood, remain as the glue to hold the ACC together? Or will they bail?

Man you are deep in that Warchant rabbit hole. That board is not known for their objectivity.

Jerryseinfeld George GIFs | Tenor

Advertisement

Someone is getting nervous that the SEC move happens and all the bs he's been spewing blows up in his face

OK, this is the point where we need to dismiss what Genetics is saying, and turn up the heat on his public mocking.

This guy has been hammering away for two years and he has fallen for his own hype. He thinks he can just toss out two words, "tortious interference", drop the mic, and then everybody ooohs and aaaahs at him.

He needs to be stopped.

First, he doesn't know what "tortious interference" is. It's not some criminal ordinance that a cop can cite to prevent you from doing something. As we have just seen with the NFL Sunday Ticket case, a company can do something that is problematic, get away with it for years, and be hit with damages later. So "tortious interference" is not some velvet rope that will keep F$U and Clemson out of the club.

Second, "tortious interference"...WITH WHAT? I do not think that anyone has claimed that ESPN can extend engraved invitations to join the SEC. That must be done by the SEC itself. And then what happens? As many of us have said all along, F$U and Clemson are perfectly within their rights to leave the ACC and pay the CONSTITUTIONALLY mandated exit fee. The ONLY question has EVER been, "yeah, but what about the Grant of Rights?".

Now, stay with me here, because this is where Genetics is clueless. As has been described for over 1,000 pages, the ACC schools granted their rights to the ACC, and then the ACC transferred those rights to ESPN. So how in God's name can ESPN "tortiously interfere" with moving the rights that they own...TO THEMSELVES?

Everyone needs to quit Genetics cold-turkey. Read his Twatters with the same respect you grant to DannyBoy Cane.

Govern yourselves accordingly.

-OR more than four?

I'm going to say something here, and refer back to a post I made earlier.

We (and other fans on other threads) have long hypothesized about the "number" of teams. I believe that the chaos of the situation will lead to "more than just two". The Big 10 was JUST FINE with USC/UCLA...until Washington/Oregon offered to suck **** for half-shares.

As I mentioned yesterday, ESPN can do the math. And (just to keep the numbers simple) if ESPN was paying 15 ACC schools $40M each, it could certainly afford to pay the SEC $80M each for 8 ACC schools, while "not opting into the unapproved 2025 extension that was improperly granted by the ACC Commissioner".

At 16 SEC schools on an 8-game conference slate, that is 64 SEC games to televise. If you moved to 24 schools and a 9-game slate, you then have 108 games worth of content. With a 10-game slate, it's 120 games.

If the SEC and ESPN were going to pull off the most genius "one-fell-swoop" move to dominate college football permanently, then they would arrange to take 8 teams, bump up the number of games, pay whatever it takes, and then let 2025 come and go without opting in for the remaining ACC TV contract years.

Boom. Done. No matter what the Big 10 does after that, it would be a hollow echo.

F$U and Miami. Clemson and GaTech. UNC and NC State. UVa and VaTech.

What can the Big 10 do? Take Notre Dame and Pitt and Stanford and Cal? Yay for them.

Checkmate. Double the money for 8 ACC teams to join the SEC, and then pay the ACC nothing. The math checks out. It costs ESPN nothing more than they were already going to pay under two contracts, now you just do it under one contract. Plus, you don't have to televise Syracuse and Boston College and Wake any longer.

But the synergy? Off the charts.

OK, this is the point where we need to dismiss what Genetics is saying, and turn up the heat on his public mocking.

This guy has been hammering away for two years and he has fallen for his own hype. He thinks he can just toss out two words, "tortious interference", drop the mic, and then everybody ooohs and aaaahs at him.

He needs to be stopped.

First, he doesn't know what "tortious interference" is. It's not some criminal ordinance that a cop can cite to prevent you from doing something. As we have just seen with the NFL Sunday Ticket case, a company can do something that is problematic, get away with it for years, and be hit with damages later. So "tortious interference" is not some velvet rope that will keep F$U and Clemson out of the club.

Second, "tortious interference"...WITH WHAT? I do not think that anyone has claimed that ESPN can extend engraved invitations to join the SEC. That must be done by the SEC itself. And then what happens? As many of us have said all along, F$U and Clemson are perfectly within their rights to leave the ACC and pay the CONSTITUTIONALLY mandated exit fee. The ONLY question has EVER been, "yeah, but what about the Grant of Rights?".

Now, stay with me here, because this is where Genetics is clueless. As has been described for over 1,000 pages, the ACC schools granted their rights to the ACC, and then the ACC transferred those rights to ESPN. So how in God's name can ESPN "tortiously interfere" with moving the rights that they own...TO THEMSELVES?

Everyone needs to quit Genetics cold-turkey. Read his Twatters with the same respect you grant to DannyBoy Cane.

Govern yourselves accordingly.
I completely agree. When I read tortious interference I laughed out loud. A 1L could see how ridiculous that comment is.

Man you are deep in that Warchant rabbit hole. That board is not known for their objectivity.
Objectivity? There is as much debate on Warchant over the final destination (Big 10 vs SEC) as anywhere. It's not so much a matter of "objectivity" but reviewing the sites that are discussing the REALIGNMENT topic and making an evaluation as to who has some actual "inside" information on the topic.

- I believe that Josh Pate is a legit journalist ... his information is that the ACC is about to undergo a degree of "reconfiguration" that involves
FSU and "others" leaving and being replaced. He said he didn't have a specific timeline but expected some announcement in the month of
July ... and had no destination.

-There ARE 2-3 Warchant posters that do have contacts ... either in the media (that is RegalNole .. guy who started the now 2500 page
conference realignment thread 2 years ago), and a couple who are associated with the school. The ONLY facet of the pending moves
that they are in agreement on is that FSU is leaving the ACC and there is still speculation regarding WHERE they will end up and every
comment that it is the Big 10 (75%) is couched in the comment "unless the SEC does or has made their move".

Fluguar and Genetics are like two 4 year olds ****ing in a sandbox and patting themselves on the back for some imagined journalistic accomplishment. Genetics actually has more Big10 contacts than Fluguar as Genetics works for a company that provides some type of tech services TO Big10 athletic departments ... he is actually on B10 campuses and does talk to people. Neither one of them have any SEC contacts so they are guessing and pulling comments from RegalNole on Warchant.

The hope that WE have is that the SEC will grab FSU and put Miami in line for the Big 10 for the State of Florida. Until there is an announcement all of this is pure speculation, debate, and to a degree an exercise in futility. We are hoping that the Miami BOT has back channeled some deal for when the "**** hits the fan".

Advertisement
I have read through like 20 pages of this. And i see some people using deductive reasoning saying FSU must have a spot in the Big 2 to be suing to get out. I disagree, i think they are confident they can negotiate to get into the big 2 once they are free of the ACC GOR. But for them, nothing is worse than staying in the ACC. I think Miami probably feels the same, but they are like, heck if FSU is already doing the leg work, why bother spending money on it.

I dont see a scenario where Miami, FSU and Clemson essentially becomes free agents and they dont end up in the big 2, whether with a combination of ND or other ACC schools. And i think thats FSU's calculation. I think the big 2 will have all the cards and its probably gonna be half shares like Oregon and Washington.

As for Genetics, i know a grifter when i seen one. They are more common in politics discussions but that is text book grifting. You can believe his ramblings if you want
3ohuPic214xK3U6ag8 (1).gif

Objectivity? There is as much debate on Warchant over the final destination (Big 10 vs SEC) as anywhere. It's not so much a matter of "objectivity" but reviewing the sites that are discussing the REALIGNMENT topic and making an evaluation as to who has some actual "inside" information on the topic.

- I believe that Josh Pate is a legit journalist ... his information is that the ACC is about to undergo a degree of "reconfiguration" that involves
FSU and "others" leaving and being replaced. He said he didn't have a specific timeline but expected some announcement in the month of

-There ARE 2-3 Warchant posters that do have contacts ... either in the media (that is RegalNole .. guy who started the now 2500 page
conference realignment thread 2 years ago), and a couple who are associated with the school. The ONLY facet of the pending moves
that they are in agreement on is that FSU is leaving the ACC and there is still speculation regarding WHERE they will end up and every
comment that it is the Big 10 (75%) is couched in the comment "unless the SEC does or has made their move".

Fluguar and Genetics are like two 4 year olds ****ing in a sandbox and patting themselves on the back for some imagined journalistic accomplishment. Genetics actually has more Big10 contacts than Fluguar as Genetics works for a company that provides some type of tech services TO Big10 athletic departments ... he is actually on B10 campuses and does talk to people. Neither one of them have any SEC contacts so they are guessing and pulling comments from RegalNole on Warchant.

The hope that WE have is that the SEC will grab FSU and put Miami in line for the Big 10 for the State of Florida. Until there is an announcement all of this is pure speculation, debate, and to a degree an exercise in futility. We are hoping that the Miami BOT has back channeled some deal for when the "**** hits the fan".
Not saying you're wrong about his contacts, but I find it hard to believe that anyone with any kind of real info is about to share it with a university vendor providing tech services. Does he talk to people in the athletic department? Probably. But I can make a pretty good bet those people are just as in the dark as him. I worked in athletics in a previous life and there was always gossip and chatter (mostly speculation and not fact), but no one had a clue what was actually going on—regarding high level stuff—until the news broke. That is held at the highest levels of the department and/or university. I think that is backed up by the fact he is constantly changing his tune based on who is falling for his lies.

Last edited:

-OR more than four?

@Rickd

1) FSU has had a back channel Big 10 offer since last year. Do you also believe FSU also has had a back channel SEC offer since last year?

2) ESPN really doesn't want to lose FSU to the Big 10. Could we also say Greg Sankey really doesn't want to lose FSU to the Big 10? And relatedly, do you think Sankey (with the backing of key administrators at SEC schools) is the final decision-maker as it pertains to his conference additions via expansion? Or do you think Sankey answers to ESPN? IMO, Sankey calls the final shots here - not ESPN.

3) ESPN might pull off a last minute deal to get FSU into the SEC. This implies that the B1G has been and remains the favorite to land the Noles - and the only way it doesn't happen is if the SEC comes up with the equivalent of hitting four 3-pointers in the final minute to win by one. What makes you think the SEC sports conference would be an underdog to land a school in Talla-*******-Hassee located 2 hours from UF, 3½ hours from Auburn, 5 hours from UGA, 5½ hours from Bama, 6½ hours from LSU and South Carolina and so on ... for a B1G sports conference whose geographic center is about to be somewhere near Cedar-*******-Rapids, Iowa??? Gonna ask this again (because this seems lost upon the 'FSU to the B1G' chorus: How would the ECONOMICS of joining the SEC sports conference compare to the economics of joining the B1G sports conference ... and, again, we're not talking the AAU academic consortium of which Miami (unexpectedy via a favor?) became a member last year while FSU did not.

4) Nobody outside of the FSU AD and president really know the final destination/decision. You don't think Greg Sankey knows? You don't think Burke Magnus at ESPN knows? Do you believe FSU (and Clemson) would go through the costs and hassles of these lawsuits without having their preferred destination waiting with open arms once they've escaped the dying ACC? Instead of school presidents or conference commissioners or TV network bosses going in blind, is it possible all parties are aligned and each knows how these events will play out once the settlements are complete? Why would these powerful entities let things needlessly drag out in court where there's a settlement to be had so everybody can move on? Here's a quote last fall from the K-State's athletic director re: OU and UT leaving early for the SEC that seems relevant to what's happening with the ACC: "Kind of dumbfounded,” Kansas State athletics director Gene Taylor said of some of the Big 12 AD’s feelings toward the settlement. “We fought back as hard as we could,” Taylor said, but the conference’s lawyers advised the AD's, Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark, and the schools’ presidents and chancellors that the bylaws were “not as rock-solid as everybody thought and we could be tied up on lawsuits forever.” Is it possible that ESPN and FOX are aligned with Sankey and his B1G counterpart Tony Petitti and what we are seeing play out now is just posturing in order that the two networks and two most powerful conferences can keep their hands clean to avoid lawsuits while the ACC unravels, i.e. (imo) exactly what we saw with the scripted U-Dub/Oregon exit from the Pac-12 that shocked so many, including (apparently) other school presidents in the Pac-12?

Enjoy your posts on this subject and not coming at you in any way. I'm not much for Cane-on-Cane violence.

Just like to hear the reasoning from folks who see it differently as that might impact how I view things
✌️

Last edited:
Advertisement

Wait, so you're saying their ace "journalist" with credible sources is just some guy who visits Big10 campuses to fix their WiFi?

That's right up there with Woodward and Bernstein.

Typical FSU. Bunch of a$s clowns

Advertisement
Not saying you're wrong about his contacts, but I find it hard to believe that anyone with any kind of real info is about to share it with a university vendor providing tech services. Does he talk to people in the athletic department? Probably. But I can make a pretty good bet those people are just as in the dark as him. I worked in athletics in a previous life and there was always gossip and chatter (mostly speculation and not fact), but no one had a clue what was actually going on—regarding high level stuff—until the news broke. That is held at the highest levels of the department and/or university. I think that is backed up by the fact he is constantly changing his tune based on who is falling for his lies.
I'm not saying he is dealing with decision makers ... but at least Genetics isn't operating in his basement like Fluguar. They are both just looking for clicks.

Advertisement
Back