MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Agreed. I should have been more specific. How does them announcing tomorrow to trigger the Composition Clause benefit them?
Just clears the air for all of those speculating and enables them to go forward with the next step of formalizing a new conference affiliation and the date that will become effective. Believe that has tremendous recruiting benefits. The composition clause I believe will be an option that ESPN has ... to enact it or not. Nobody knows what is actually happening but there has been (amongst all of the other rumors) speculation that ESPN can pay the exit fee for 1-2 schools they want to move and cover that by a reduction in the restructured proposal TO the ACC. (some speculate that ESPN would be moving them to the SEC, and MOST FSU 'quasi insiders' believe it is the Big 10 ... with the possibility of ESPN broadcasting some of their Big 10 games. Just a lot of talk until we see what actually happens.

Advertisement

This is a good listen and some variables could lead to FSU and Miami being partners to the B1G. Also, the SEC's preferences play into it.

UNC and UVA preferred by the SEC. Flugaur says FSU and Clemson is unlikely because of satisfying FOX and University presidents well enough. Basically insinuates there must be a good combo between athletics and research $ with the partner to go to the conference.

.1 is ND (they stay independent)
.2 is UNC (unlikely to make themselves available to B1G vs SEC and UVA is their partner in alignment)
.3 is FSU
.4 is Miami
.5 is GT

Unless he's moving in silence which i highly doubt

Edit: For being the highest paid AD he's not good. He should be making big moves but he seems to just not want to rock the boat. The baseball coach hire was dog****, for example.
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB
I agree that he’s been a disappointment, but the baseball hire isn’t his fault. He had a preference and got overruled by his bosses for J.D.

?? The FSU gang is saying that they are out ... and will announce prior to August 15 ... possibly as early as Monday (opinion of some). They know where they are going, media partners in agreement, the ACC exit fee is a known, and meanwhile the GOR issue (FSU vs ACC) will continue in the Florida court system. Their belief is that the "GOR" = 0 value, no buyback is necessary for FUTURE media rights, no reason to delay their announcement any longer. Debate is whether they will be able to begin play in the new conference in 2025 or 2026. Just more smoke at this point ... we will see.
When you are wrong about this, and thus go 0 for 243, will you please take a sabbatical?

I agree that he’s been a disappointment, but the baseball hire isn’t his fault. He had a preference and got overruled by his bosses for J.D.

So he’s just an expensive figurehead?

A spineless puppet isn’t exactly what we need right now…

So who’s hand is up the puppet’s *** and guiding us with FSU to the B1G?

Advertisement
Funniest thing to me about folks stance on Radakovich. He is being held accountable by many for the program being less attractive to the P2 because we have sucked for over 20 years. Radakovich was hired after Mario was hired and Mario is 12-13. Baseball coach was not hired by him either.

Guys make the point that the reason FSU is suing is because they have a future destination in the P2. How does anybody know that Rad isn't being vocal because the U doesn't have a spot? How does anybody know that Rad isn't being vocal because he knows that FSU/Clemson are setting the stage for every team to get out that wants out? Folks simply think operating in silence is a bad thing when they really don't know what the **** is going on.

The most important things for us to hope for this year is for our program to start showing it is a winner and for our TV ratings to improve. Surely the B1G folks are smart enough to recognize that the same coach that built up Oregon is the same coach who is building up Miami and that the financial investment is there.

The second thing for us to hope for is SEC expansion. They will most likely take 1 or both of FSU and Clemson, and are also interested in UNC others. That would put Miami in a really good position for expansion. While FSU may be the first choice for the B1G and that takes carriage fees off the table for the state of Florida, that doesn't mean Miami is eliminated from B1G consideration as TheOriginalCane has pointed out because our portion of our state so much more heavily populated than other ACC teams in their states. We are already the 3rd most viewed ACC team while sucking for over 20 years. That can change quickly and did change the last year Miami was any good in 2017.

I'm LMFAO at 22 years of suckage being blamed on Radakovich and him not being vocal when folks are clueless about what conversations have gone down behind the scenes.

We are all frustrated with the situation our program is in but misguided blame and/or taking it out on each other is really unnecessary.
Well said.

It seems VERY simple to me, it's in our interest for the SEC to take at least 2 programs but particularly 1. UNC and 2. Clemson. That's how we get in the B10 asap imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When you are wrong about this, and thus go 0 for 243, will you please take a sabbatical?
Oh ... I forgot ... you are the guy who stands with "THE GOR IS IRON CLAD". How can you realistically even criticize ANYBODY for having an opinion backed by court confirmations? Man. You just keep digging a deeper hole.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pate saying he thinks realignment news will come in July
Very clear about it ... no hesitation. FSU is leaving the ACC, how it will happen ... mechanics of the "deal" ... he said clearly "I have no idea and really don't care" ... just that it is happening and IF it happens like the Texas / Oklahoma announcement ... which totally took everybody by surprise ... it was on the morning of a planned SEC media day.

Very clear about it ... no hesitation. FSU is leaving the ACC, how it will happen ... mechanics of the "deal" ... he said clearly "I have no idea and really don't care" ... just that it is happening and IF it happens like the Texas / Oklahoma announcement ... which totally took everybody by surprise ... it was on the morning of a planned SEC media day.
J.D. Pickell from On3 also said to watch out for the week of ACC media days.

Advertisement
Funniest thing to me about folks stance on Radakovich. He is being held accountable by many for the program being less attractive to the P2 because we have sucked for over 20 years. Radakovich was hired after Mario was hired and Mario is 12-13. Baseball coach was not hired by him either.

Guys make the point that the reason FSU is suing is because they have a future destination in the P2. How does anybody know that Rad isn't being vocal because the U doesn't have a spot? How does anybody know that Rad isn't being vocal because he knows that FSU/Clemson are setting the stage for every team to get out that wants out? Folks simply think operating in silence is a bad thing when they really don't know what the **** is going on.

The most important things for us to hope for this year is for our program to start showing it is a winner and for our TV ratings to improve. Surely the B1G folks are smart enough to recognize that the same coach that built up Oregon is the same coach who is building up Miami and that the financial investment is there.

The second thing for us to hope for is SEC expansion. They will most likely take 1 or both of FSU and Clemson, and are also interested in UNC others. That would put Miami in a really good position for expansion. While FSU may be the first choice for the B1G and that takes carriage fees off the table for the state of Florida, that doesn't mean Miami is eliminated from B1G consideration as TheOriginalCane has pointed out because our portion of our state so much more heavily populated than other ACC teams in their states. We are already the 3rd most viewed ACC team while sucking for over 20 years. That can change quickly and did change the last year Miami was any good in 2017.

I'm LMFAO at 22 years of suckage being blamed on Radakovich and him not being vocal when folks are clueless about what conversations have gone down behind the scenes.

We are all frustrated with the situation our program is in but misguided blame and/or taking it out on each other is really unnecessary.
People in this thread act like they know WAY more than they do. Pretending like FSU has it all figured out and it’s a done deal yet zero info leaked to the press or insiders. There was even an April Fool’s joke that took off simply stating FSU to the Big10.

Advertisement
Back