Coach Golden has informed staff he will be staying at Miami

View as article
Like I said in another thread, does he realize he's lost a lot of the fanbase?

I pretty sure he realizes that if he wins, every single person that is b!tching and moaning will be right back on the bandwagon, as if nothing happened. If he loses, year 4 (and possibly year 5) will be ugly....but that would've been the case regardless of this weekend's events.

Seriously, it was his alma mater, and probably for a long time, it was his dream job. He interviewed with his alma mater, and remained quiet during the process for about 2 or 3 days. It was during the recruiting dead period, while the coaches were on vacation. It's not the end of the world.

Advertisement
Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!! The mediocrity continues. This team is ******* DEAD with this Yankee leading the way. ****!

LMAO @ the Golden nut slurpers up in this thread. Thankful Golden can continue to jiz all over their face again.

So nobody can like that our head coach isnt leaving?

**** your head coach buster. Watch this defense continue to get shredded for 500 yards a game, and finish in the middle of the pack in the chump *** conference known as the acc.

Advertisement
Dumbest. Fanbase. Ever.

87.gif

Yes, the head coach of a team trying to get another gig and failing, being forced to return to Miami with his tail between his legs won't be used in recruting against us. The **** planet do some of you live on?

Soft shouldered

87.gif

Advertisement
What a buzzkill. FU PSU for not taking care of this.

I'll hate him a little less if he somehow makes a good business decision to terminate the employment of his BFF defensive coordinator.

This sucks.

Shut up with the whole Golden's coming back and the program's going down the drain act. This recruiting class we have coming in is a program changer. Had Al left lord knows what would have happened to Coley, which would have greatly impacted this recruiting class. Al needs to make staff moves and I hope he realizes that. I do agree though it should not have taken him this long to announce this.

Agree here with ItsMeD and PSU cane. IMO This will be good for recriuting. Selling point. Shows he believes in what he is building and that it is such a good time to be at Miami now that he can turn down a dream job. This will make the difference with recruits on fence that we now get versus if this whole thing didn't happen.

Yea it's always a great selling point that you left your entire recruiting class in the dark for 84 hours to the point where they had to text Pete to see what the **** was going on. Keep selling that Al! Great guy! Pillars! Core Values! #IStandWithTheU!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!1!!

It takes time to make big boy decisions. 84 hrs sounds like a reasonable amount of time. He stays and that speaks volumes.

Advertisement
who cares about the reason he stayed or not. the only problem im having is Is this going to be the story every single offseason? I mean i get its a business right but at some point you cant keep having second thoughts every off season time would be better spent improving the staff and our numerous issues. So if you wanna be the coach be the coach.

It's very simple, Golden wins big, we're all back on board. For now, let everyone be angry and vent. I completely understand that emotion(****, I'm one of them)

But Golden's grace period is over, now.

Im a Miami fan before anything else, if he takes UM to great heights, than he's good with me( again). But I can't lie and say Im not disappointed.

You ******* morons need to realize a coach is more important than recruits.

Duke, Baylor, UCF - what were their classes ranked? I remember people getting excited over Randy's classes. When an idiot is in charge, it doesn't mean ****.

Getting beaten like a drum in his four biggest games this year has all the uneducated mouth breathers excited because a golden invented some ***** hashtag.

Advertisement
This part irks a little bit but its also from Ferman so TIFWIW

"Multiple sources told CaneSport.com and Blue White Illustrated, working in tandem on Saturday, that Golden had an agreement in principle to become Penn State's Head Coach.

A press conference announcing the hire was set to take place on Monday.

But overnight something happened that inspired Penn State to agree to talk to former Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak on Sunday morning.

CaneSport had previously reported that Golden expected the deal finalized today. But when rumors of the Munchak flirtation circulated Sunday morning, sources told CaneSport that Golden informed Penn State that he wanted a contract to sign today. When it didn't happen by 4 p.m. - with pressure growing throughout South Florida - he backed out of the deal."

Well I thought he would leave, one thing for sure if the mood of the fans is anywhere like the one of the posters on here, he"s going to have to win back a lot of angry, dejected and in some cases dangerous people.

Advertisement
Back