Changes to coaching staff

Advertisement
Per Brad Tejada,

At least 2 maybe 3 coaches leaving at year end. And was very definitive that Gattis only signed a 2yr contract

So booting him won’t be super costly.

Was also mentioned that Gattis and Addae contracts weren’t extended at their respective schools, so it wasn’t like Miami poached anyone
I’d keep Addae..Gattis will be gone. Hopefully (he will) bring in a experienced OC with a track record of having success with multiple styles at QB..Guy might possibly be in-house with ponce..I’d like him to look outside tho

Gattis is not going anywhere in my opinion . All the blame this year is on current roster and lack of execution. He will get one more year .
Could point to injuries as well. Will be interesting tho because all 3 concerns are valid Imo.

Dan Mullen OC/QB
James Coley WR

Would you guys take that ? Keep Coley away from play calling. Never forgot that HB pass in the snow lol. But he can recruit with the best him and Mario can pick up some of Mullens slack on the trail.
I just don’t understand this board’s obsession with James Coley. What in the world has he done to earn a repeat spot in Coral Gables?

Advertisement
WR coach will be open. He can bring his guy there and he can… no.., next OC better coach QBs!!!
Well however you slice it, there are 5 seats. Something has to give if he brings coaches with him. Ponce to me is a test. You could slide him to wr coach and move someone else out, sure.

But if there is overlap with Ponce and the coaches coming with an OC, Mario has to be loyal to the program. It will be difficult. Mario is a people person and he has a long history with Ponce. But, It’s business. Ponce came here and paid well I’m sure. I just don’t want that to be a hang up with whom ever is our top choice.

We’ve had too many coaches being loyal to a fault for certain people over the years. We can’t have that, especially since Mario already has strike 1 on the OC hire. So I’ll be very curious where Ponce fits in and if he doesn’t, that Mario will do what is best for the program.

Advertisement
Gattis is not going anywhere in my opinion . All the blame this year is on current roster and lack of execution. He will get one more year .
You’re saying this based on what????

I could name at least 5 sources I trust infinitely more than you that have stated the opposite

Advertisement
Any reason why?
Yes. Football isn’t Xbox. Seen improvement in tackling especially in the secondary. Coaching a true soph to all conference type year..I’d keep him . Only change might be DC (unless Steele wants back..and OC

I just don’t understand this board’s obsession with James Coley. What in the world has he done to earn a repeat spot in Coral Gables?

Putting emotions aside, he's coached at some big P5 programs (UM, FSU, UGa, aTm), which all saw recruiting bumps while he was there. He's not an OC! He should never be considered for the OC position. If your gripe is about him being the OC, I agree!

Hes a recruiter, plain and simple, who has deep ties to Sfla. Hes coached mutliple offensive positions and could actually be a solid coach to have around, regardless who our OC is and what position they coach. He's coached WRs, TEs, and QBs.

There are not many WR coaches who could challenge Brain Hartline, head to head. And, to me, we will continue to lose WRs to the OSUs for many obvious reasons, until we hire our own ace. Coley could be that guy who atleast makes it tough for local WRs to jet.

If we win, have a wide open offense that knows how to get WRs open and doesn't require a law degree to execute, you won't need to have a Hartline to get WRs. They'll come.

Advertisement
Putting emotions aside, he's coached at some big P5 programs (UM, FSU, UGa, aTm), which all saw recruiting bumps while he was there. He's not an OC! He should never be considered for the OC position. If your gripe is about him being the OC, I agree!

Hes a recruiter, plain and simple, who has deep ties to Sfla. Hes coached mutliple offensive positions and could actually be a solid coach to have around, regardless who our OC is and what position they coach. He's coached WRs, TEs, and QBs.

There are not many WR coaches who could challenge Brain Hartline, head to head. And, to me, we will continue to lose WRs to the OSUs for many obvious reasons, until we hire our own ace. Coley could be that guy who atleast makes it tough for local WRs to jet.
I will have defer to those who know much more about him than me. Guess I just can’t get past the halfback pass in a snow storm. One of the dumbest things I’ve seen in 20 years of total ineptitude in Coral Gables.

I will have defer to those who know much more about him than me. Guess I just can’t get past the halfback pass in a snow storm. One of the dumbest things I’ve seen in 20 years of total ineptitude in Coral Gables.

I couldn't agree more. He's a disaster as an OC. He failed miserably here and at UGa as an OC. He was an OC, in title only, at FSU (Jimbo called the plays out of his own playbook). But, as a position change, he's landed some legit talent for the coaches he's worked for. IIRC, Mario tried last year but he chose to stay with Jimbo.

Fire Gattis and Addae and put Ponce in an off-field role.

Steal Corey Raymond from UiF

For OC
- Kingsbury when he gets fired this year.
- Dan Mullen
- Garret Riley
- Tom Herman
- Zach Kittley
- Kendal Briles

Mario can pitch an elite OL for these guys to run their O and let the OC bring in their own WR coach and off-field guy, too, if need be.
Stealing Raymond from UF sounds like a plan. 🤔

Advertisement
Back