Changes to coaching staff

Advertisement
Just goes to show how polluted the sports world is with narratives and narrative building. Gattis was the Broyles award winner and he is awful at his job. He got the award bc he was at Michigan, Michigan is a traditional football brand, and they wanted to put some juice back into the brand.

I keep saying our players are overrated af but their not talentless. Stop blaming the players. Hold the millionaire adults accountable.
Poll that’s not why he won. He won because someone else was the play caller and he just had the title.. he was not calling the plays. They went to the playoffs because their offense was sick. But it wasn’t because of Shattis.

My guess is Gattis, Ponce and Addae. The new OC is going to want to bring 1 or 2 of his coaches to help with the transition that knows the offense. If the new OC needs more than 1 spot, than they need to slide Fields to an off field role or part ways with Smith. Nothing against those 2 but this is a business decision. It has to be done right this time.
WR coach will be open. He can bring his guy there and he can… no.., next OC better coach QBs!!!

Advertisement
I seriously doubt Ponce is going anywhere.

He's known Mario and Mirabal for decades. He's known Field forever too. Mario isn't booting his homeboy after one season. Not after he left an OC job to be QB coach.

With his relationships with the guys already on staff (something Gattis lacked), Ponce is more likely to be our next OC than he is to be fired.
Whomever the new OC should have a say on Ponce. And if Ponce is the next oc we are in trouble

Per Brad Tejada,

At least 2 maybe 3 coaches leaving at year end. And was very definitive that Gattis only signed a 2yr contract

So booting him won’t be super costly.

Was also mentioned that Gattis and Addae contracts weren’t extended at their respective schools, so it wasn’t like Miami poached anyone
Kevin Steele should be on that list! Charlie Strong should be out defensive coordinator, bring back Mike Barrow to coach the linebackers!

Dan Mullen OC/QB
James Coley WR

Would you guys take that ? Keep Coley away from play calling. Never forgot that HB pass in the snow lol. But he can recruit with the best him and Mario can pick up some of Mullens slack on the trail.

Advertisement
We still want Steele gone??

I'd vote YES.

I always thought our journey out of the Manny Diaz era, on defense, would be tough. Its hard to rid this defense of the bad habits that went unchecked for years. That said, there's better out there.

Pete Golding will probably be looking for a job in a few weeks (Please check his resume before only mentioning his results from Bama, this year). Geoff Collins is looking for one now (Again, check his resume before only mentioning GT). For the salary we are paying, we deserve the total package, an elite coach and recruiter.

Last edited:
Tejada seems like a decent guy but does he have any inside information whatsoever? I mean, just about anyone can predict that 2 coaches will be gone and it will likely come to fruition.

Your lips to God’s ears Al.

We’ll see how it all goes down.
2E6A16B0-00B4-4DAD-8EAE-5A3B2CEC2FC1.jpeg

Dan Mullen OC/QB
James Coley WR

Would you guys take that ? Keep Coley away from play calling. Never forgot that HB pass in the snow lol. But he can recruit with the best him and Mario can pick up some of Mullens slack on the trail.

Bring James Coley Home!

He recruits with the best of them at a position of need. To me, this is the guy you hire to stop Sfla WR from going everywhere else but UM. He's a Mario guy too

Give me Mullen at 5yrs 10 million, with incentives....Perfect scenario with Jacurri moving foward...

We bring in Mullen for OC after a 5 win season and finish with a top 8 class?

im horny donald glover GIF

Btw for those saying Ponce wouldnt have a role - he was Cristobals WR coach at FIU. Not a stretch of the imagination for Mullen to be QB coach and Ponce to be moved over to CO OC and WR coach. He was the WR coach for a WR you may have heard of- T.Y. Hilton. Primary recruiter for WRs and QBs would be John Ruiz.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dan Mullen OC/QB
James Coley WR

i wouldn't just "take" that, that's practically a dream scenario lol

Bring James Coley Home!

He recruits with the best of them at a position of need. To me, this is the guy you hire to stop Sfla WR from going everywhere else but UM. He's a Mario guy too
That was my thinking too. I know his name floated around when Mario was hiring position coaches. I think him and Mullen would be the perfect storm.

Advertisement
Everyone bringing up Mullen but I kinda like his former OC Brian Johnson as a more realistic option. Currently QB coach for eagles, has done a great job with Hurts, supposedly good recruiter as well.

Bringing Coley back as WR coach is interesting but we really need some progressive minds developing the passing concepts and route trees. Rather have a creative in young guy to be WR / pass game coordinator.

Advertisement
Back