Changes to coaching staff

Advertisement
And that unfortunately is the problem with a lot of coaches. Golden refused to get rid of his buddy D’Onofrio and that ultimately cost him. Getting rid of Gattis may give him a year of breathing room but I can see the same thing happening here again because he will not want to jettison his friend.
Yeah that type of **** has plagued us for years. Golden had D'Onofrio. Richt had Jon. Manny had himself.

Its been reported a few places that the staff isn't on the same page. But take Gattis out of the equation and Ponce, Mirabal and Field ARE on the same page. And even Smith played HS ball for coaches that those 3 guys know well.

The problem is, hiring a new OC/QB coach and only letting him bring in a WR coach, doesn't exactly guarantee cohesion.

On the other hand, bumping Ponce up to OC solves the cohesion problem. It also leaves them with only one position to be filled. Which they can fill with someone all the guys on staff are already familiar with.

Hopefully I'm trippin here. But I have a hard time believing a new OC is fine with only having one of his own guys (a WR coach) on his staff, while 2 of the remaining 3 have worked with and known the HC for multiple years.

Unless multiple guys are replaced by a new OC, having half the offensive staff being the HC's guys and the other half the OC's, risks creating 2 factions from the jump.

Advertisement
Are OCs really getting 3 year deals now? Wasn’t it LSU that had the first OC signed under a 2 year deal with Brady?

Dan mutha F’in Mullen Please!? He sutting right thurr!
I think he'd definitely be interested too. Every time I've seen him on Tv talking about Miami its either praise or coming to our defense.

The guy is a non recruiting weirdo with a wife who risks spreading mono and cold sores to players getting off the bus. But him and Jacurri would be a nastier combination.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Feld needs to go more than anyone. He now has a consistent history of multiple players getting injured. You cannot win consistently with so many injured players.

Got to find a top strength and conditioning coach.

I seriously doubt Ponce is going anywhere.

He's known Mario and Mirabal for decades. He's known Field forever too. Mario isn't booting his homeboy after one season. Not after he left an OC job to be QB coach.

With his relationships with the guys already on staff (something Gattis lacked), Ponce is more likely to be our next OC than he is to be fired.

Many OC's also coach the QB room. If Mario brings in one of those guys, we have no need for Ponce but would have a need for a WR coach. In that situation, Ponce simply doesn't have a role.

Advertisement
Many OC's also coach the QB room. If Mario brings in one of those guys, we have no need for Ponce but would have a need for a WR coach. In that situation, Ponce simply doesn't have a role.
Exactly.

A few weeks ago I looked at like.. 20 different names everyone had posted as potential replacements, no matter how unlikely. I posted the list and every single one of them was also QB coach. There's no reason to keep Ponce.

Unless of course.. Ponce is the next OC.

Advertisement
Per Brad Tejada,

At least 2 maybe 3 coaches leaving at year end. And was very definitive that Gattis only signed a 2yr contract

So booting him won’t be super costly.

Was also mentioned that Gattis and Addae contracts weren’t extended at their respective schools, so it wasn’t like Miami poached anyone
3rd quarter and clearly Georgia tech adjusted to Miami success running the football in the first half and bozo Gattis still running the ball on 3rd and long or 3 straight times up the middle. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ How does this guy get paid millions and millions. And I didn’t even play football and I can see it from sitting down in my couch watching tv. When a team adjusts to your success you have to counter backS 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Thank god he is gone next year.

3rd quarter and clearly Georgia tech adjusted to Miami success running the football in the first half and bozo Gattis still running the ball on 3rd and long or 3 straight times up the middle. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ How does this guy get paid millions and millions. And I didn’t even play football and I can see it from sitting down in my couch watching tv. When a team adjusts to your success you have to counter backS 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Thank god he is gone next year.

The fact that we killed the clock out of the shotgun going into half time

And not bleeding the clock late in the 4th quarter still let’s me know this staff is dumb

Advertisement
Back