Changes to coaching staff

Advertisement
I’m indifferent on Steele, and actually think he brings some credibility to the SFlorida recruits and guys on the roster from his SEC and Clemson days

I don’t think some of you all comprehend how bad Corey Flagg is.
I know how bad Flagg is. That kid should be playing DII. When he gets older he’s gonna be like how the **** did I play for the canes.

If anyone else (that’s credible) that wants to add to the list, I wanted to list out all of the OC candidates that we know Mario talked to initially:

Jason Candle
Joe Brady
Alex Golesh
Tommy Reese

Unpopular opinion based on a what if...

IF the O shows progression AND the playcalling improves through the end of the post season (assuming we make it to a bowl), I'd be willing to give Gattis a mulligan. If all of that doesn't happen, he needs to be gonezo.

Having said all of that, Mullen would IMMEDIATELY turn this O around.

Advertisement
This is what I’d like to see done.

Offense:
Hire Mullen and let him pick his coaches.
OC/ QB - Mullen
RB - K Smith/ other (NOT Greg Knox)
WR -Billy Gonzales
TE - Field/ other
other - if Mullen wants them retained

Defense:
Get some continuity within secondary
Hire - Wesley McGriff
Was a 2 time DB coach at Auburn under Steele and has relationship with DVD
McGriff seems incredibly likely based on what you said. He also coached here under Shannon, so he has some familiarity with the area.

IF the O shows progression AND the playcalling improves through the end of the post season (assuming we make it to a bowl), I'd be willing to give Gattis a mulligan.

Throw Up Stephen Colbert GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement

IF the O shows progression AND the playcalling improves through the end of the post season (assuming we make it to a bowl), I'd be willing to give Gattis a mulligan. If all of that doesn't happen, he needs to be gonezo.

Let me stop you right here.

He completely crashed the offense. At this point all he'd have to do to show progression is not run up the middle on every play. There is no way to justify Gattis coming back. Its the offensive equivalent of "bring back manny."

The ****** needs to go. No mulligans. No second chances. Just let it happen.

Jimmy Fallon Goodbye GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Let me stop you right here.

He completely crashed the offense. At this point all he'd have to do to show progression is not run up the middle on every play. There is no way to justify Gattis coming back. Its the offensive equivalent of "bring back manny."

The ****** needs to go. No mulligans. No second chances. Just let it happen.
It's hard to disagree with your points. If we give him the right foot of fellowship, I say Mullen me. Who do you want?

I’ll give Steele another year…

A lot of dumb bad habits from mannys reckless defense…
Absolutely! Look, Steele is the guy we thought we were getting, but he didn't walk into an immediate fix situation. I believe next year's D will be more consistent, creative and effective under steele.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I seriously doubt Ponce is going anywhere.

He's known Mario and Mirabal for decades. He's known Field forever too. Mario isn't booting his homeboy after one season. Not after he left an OC job to be QB coach.

With his relationships with the guys already on staff (something Gattis lacked), Ponce is more likely to be our next OC than he is to be fired.
Let's do something about it. Homer needs to go. If is not gone. MC HAS NO BALLS

Advertisement
Back