Changes to coaching staff

All i know is he better not take 6 years to do this hire and we end up with another bum. Find someone where everyone including recruits know his work speaks for itself. I would rather Herman or Mullen. Mullen would do well plus he is not coaching so he can easily be interviewed and hired. He would not have liked how UF ended and coaches love coaching. I know people love Joe Brady, i do too but i only seen him turn up with Joe Burrow. I would rather Herman if not Mullen. Herman also did it with multiple QBs who turnt out to be bums in the pros.
Don't we play UF next season? Hire Mullen and let him kick that Ufaggaloo ***

Advertisement
All i know is he better not take 6 years to do this hire and we end up with another bum. Find someone where everyone including recruits know his work speaks for itself. I would rather Herman or Mullen. Mullen would do well plus he is not coaching so he can easily be interviewed and hired. He would not have liked how UF ended and coaches love coaching. I know people love Joe Brady, i do too but i only seen him turn up with Joe Burrow. I would rather Herman if not Mullen. Herman also did it with multiple QBs who turnt out to be bums in the pros.
Don't we play UF next season? Hire Mullen and let him kick that Ufaggaloo ***

Corey Raymond or DVD for DB coach.

Ponce and Gattis Gone. Steele should stay, but I could see him bouncing to Auburn to be their DC

First call I’m making Garrett Riley then Dan Mullen. I doubt Dan Mullen would want to come here given he would be sharing the room with Mario and Mirabal and probably wouldn’t be allowed to handpick his guys.

For WR coach, whoever the OC wants to coach their route tree

1. Money - Miami could double his salary
2. Location
3. Resources and facilities
Fair points but I’d respond with this.

1. UNC has the money to keep him
2. Location is fair but it’s normally an overrated bullet point. Not everyone likes the glamour of Miami; he’s from NJ and has bounced around from Slippery Rock (Pennsylvania), Sam Houston St. and Ole Miss before coming to UNC. Chapel Hill is technically the largest city he’s been in, as Slippery Rock, Huntsville, and Oxford are all small towns. It’s part of the Raleigh-Durham area although it’s got that small town feel (I think there’s one more city that makes up a triangle in NC, maybe Cary?). He’s got four children (no idea their ages) but maybe he just likes raising a family there - can’t fault him, Chapel Hill is nice.

3. Miami might have nicer facilities when it’s all said and done, but he has a far superior QB to work with for at least another year, more offensive weapons, continuity and familiarity.

Fair points but I’d respond with this.

1. UNC has the money to keep him
2. Location is fair but it’s normally an overrated bullet point. Not everyone likes the glamour of Miami; he’s from NJ and has bounced around from Slippery Rock (Pennsylvania), Sam Houston St. and Ole Miss before coming to UNC. Chapel Hill is technically the largest city he’s been in, as Slippery Rock, Huntsville, and Oxford are all small towns. He’s got four children (no idea their ages) but maybe he just likes raising a family there - can’t fault him, Chapel Hill is nice.

3. Miami might have nicer facilities when it’s all said and done, but he has a far superior QB to work with for at least another year, more offensive weapons, continuity and familiarity.

I agree. It’s not a slam dunk.

I’m just saying Phil Longo, looking at on field production, being flexible and creative with run/pass, resume and recruiting prowess, should be the template for our next OC

Advertisement
Corey Raymond or DVD for DB coach.

Ponce and Gattis Gone. Steele should stay, but I could see him bouncing to Auburn to be their DC

First call I’m making Garrett Riley then Dan Mullen. I doubt Dan Mullen would want to come here given he would be sharing the room with Mario and Mirabal and probably wouldn’t be allowed to handpick his guys.

For WR coach, whoever the OC wants to coach their route tree
why DVD?

I’d be shocked if Mario doesnt request an interview with Garret Riley

TCU avg 213 rushing yds per game

They don't play defense in that league. You can score 35 PPG by just closing your eyes and chunkin' it up in the Big 12.

Advertisement
Why does everyone keep yelling for Longo?

Why in the world would he leave UNC to move laterally? And within the conference I might add?

Him and Ruggiero ain’t going nowhere imo. Cross them off the list.
That’s always been my question - why would any of the coveted OC’s leave their current gig for basically a lateral move?

Recruiting, and he’s had time to develop his on field work which I believe I read about how’s hes underrated at.

Time for Miami to start developing coaches P5 quality coaches.

He’s going to get a P5 offer this offseason.
Bring back McGriff from Louisville, im pretty sure DVD be fine sharing the DB room with him, then after he can take over.

The obvious answer to all this bickering is hiring Ken Dorsey and Mullen both as Co-OCs. The offense will be the greatest of all time within the first season.

Advertisement
Bring back McGriff from Louisville, im pretty sure DVD be fine sharing the DB room with him, then after he can take over.
Wouldn’t be against it, but we would have to drop another coach to make the numbers work.

Steele leaves for Auburn and Charlie gets promoted to DC. Backfill Addae and Steele with DVD and McGriff

I agree. It’s not a slam dunk.

I’m just saying Phil Longo, looking at on field production, being flexible and creative with run/pass, resume and recruiting prowess, should be the template for our next OC
Oh 100% agree there. That’s the template.

Heupel too…everyone gets infatuated with the air raid concepts, and doesn’t want to be a run-first team…but the more impressive part is they run way more than they pass.

322 passing attempts, 426 rushing attempts. Why? Because defenses are so scared of the pass (10.8 yards per completion) and Heupel spreads you out to utilize the whole field. Then you get an advantage in the box, and they can churn out 5-6 yd carries all day long. Add on top they go lightning quick so defenses can’t sub, and they just wear you down by the 4Q. Those 5-6 runs become 11-12 chunks, then it’s over.

Golesh would be a bit of a risk, but give me someone that utilizes tempo and spacing and is always one step ahead of opposing coordinators.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t be against it, but we would have to drop another coach to make the numbers work.

Steele leaves for Auburn and Charlie gets promoted to DC. Backfill Addae and Steele with DVD and McGriff
DVD stay off-field in the same role he has now, keep giving him a lot of responsibility + pay raise. Also I’m only hiring McGriff under the idea that Steele stays here, McGriff is Steele’s guy.

Recruiting, and he’s had time to develop his on field work which I believe I read about how’s hes underrated at.

Time for Miami to start developing coaches P5 quality coaches.

He’s going to get a P5 offer this offseason.
just because he recruits well doesn't mean he coaches well. he´s not a good on-the-field coach, at least not now. he's a great recruiter, great people person, but he doesn't have the mentality or roughness to be a coach. if he wants to learn how to coach, let him to elsewhere and cut his teeth.

Advertisement
Back