Changes to coaching staff

Advertisement
I disagree, give me the guy who just recruit the best players.
if we can keep him on the sidelines and get a good CB coach that knows how to coach (DVD does not), then there is no benefit to moving him on the field. he's a recruiter, not a coach. IMO will never be a good coach.

if we can keep him on the sidelines and get a good CB coach that knows how to coach (DVD does not), then there is no benefit to moving him on the field. he's a recruiter, not a coach. IMO will never be a good coach.
Yeah thats your opinion. Entitled to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unpopular opinion based on a what if...

IF the O shows progression AND the playcalling improves through the end of the post season (assuming we make it to a bowl), I'd be willing to give Gattis a mulligan. If all of that doesn't happen, he needs to be gonezo.

Having said all of that, Mullen would IMMEDIATELY turn this O around.
The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

This may sound doom and gloom, but I don’t think a reputable P5 OC will come here with Mario’s reputation and our lack of offensive weaponry. I think we will have to take a chance on someone that is up-and-coming or is an “OC in name only.” Maybe we get lucky with a fired HC that has OC experience but I feel like the buy out money to do nothing thing makes that hard. We may need to go G5 OC or P5 position coach or maybe after a passing game coordinator or something from the NFL

This may sound doom and gloom, but I don’t think a reputable P5 OC will come here with Mario’s reputation and our lack of offensive weaponry. I think we will have to take a chance on someone that is up-and-coming or is an “OC in name only.” Maybe we get lucky with a fired HC that has OC experience but I feel like the buy out money to do nothing thing makes that hard. We may need to go G5 OC or P5 position coach or maybe after a passing game coordinator or something from the NFL
Lol we still parading this narrative there’s no talent on this roster??

Seriously?

Advertisement

1668535823646.gif
1668535823646.gif

Advertisement
Lol we still parading this narrative there’s no talent on this roster??

Seriously?
I don’t think we will have much after transfers. I think we will lose at least 3 WRs with 5 being a real possibility. We also have no proven depth at RB - Rooster had a good game but he’s fumble prone and not a work horse plus does he even stay? Chaney can’t stay healthy. Citizen coming off an ACL… and no RBs committed in the class. Thad likely transferring and Parrish is probably not playing another year. We can make gains in the portal, but that probably won’t happen prior to someone being hired.

I don't agree. I don't think Mario has an offensive system. I think there are certain traits he wants an offense to have, but I can't imagine he wants to pay top-shelf money to go sniff around in the OC room and tell the OC what to do. I personally think he delegates.

I think he may have overshot though--Brady wants to be an NFL guy and Candle is already a HC.

I don't agree. I don't think Mario has an offensive system. I think there are certain traits he wants an offense to have, but I can't imagine he wants to pay top-shelf money to go sniff around in the OC room and tell the OC what to do. I personally think he delegates.

I think he may have overshot though--Brady wants to be an NFL guy and Candle is already a HC.
Mario has a reputation for being hard to work with and very demanding on the trail. I think that will factor in

Advertisement
Back