Changes to coaching staff

It's hard to disagree with your points. If we give him the right foot of fellowship, I say Mullen me. Who do you want?
Definitely agree with you about Mullen. Mario cancels out his recruiting issues. Jacurri seems like a perfect fit for his offense. And even if he's not, that weirdo has shown that he can win different types of QBs.

Advertisement
I’ll give Steele another year…

A lot of dumb bad habits from mannys reckless defense…

A large majority of the issues with our defense arent schematic....it was our Safeties blowing assignments or making selfish decisions. I think Steele should definitely get another year, but with a DB coach who hopefully knows his system a lot better and can have our DBs playing more discipline/team football. Just like our OL being unable to run block hampers the Gattis offense, but the passing game is also bad. Can't excuse Gattis for run offense AND passing offense. He needs to go.

Advertisement
I’m happy we beat GaTech, who has fired their coach and played their 2nd and 3rd string QB against us.

Back to the matter at hand though, Gattis being gone and who his replacement is.

Stealing Raymond from UF sounds like a plan. 🤔
Bait GIF

Where would Gattis go? Serious question.
I really don't care tbh. Just get his *** the fucc away from Coral Gables. Not trying to sound harsh..... but listen... don't cry for these muhfuccas. Dude will leave here wit a pocket full of money and a resume that includes the line OC- Univ. of Miami (**** we normal HS guys woould love to have). The former will leave him rich, and have him and his family living well, buying him enough time to be selective in procuring his next gig. The latter, has given him experience being THE play caller at the P5 level, and will help him land at another D1 P5 school in the future.

Last edited:
agree on
My guess is Gattis, Ponce and Addae. The new OC is going to want to bring 1 or 2 of his coaches to help with the transition that knows the offense. If the new OC needs more than 1 spot, than they need to slide Fields to an off field role or part ways with Smith. Nothing against those 2 but this is a business decision. It has to be done right this time.
need new for sure OC, he needs to bring in is folks who #1 understand his O and #2 make sure he knows how to maximize J.Browns talents
we do not need another square peg in round whole approach.....

Advertisement
I don’t know why Mario settled on Gattis. Likely due to timing and the Bama/Morrehead connection.

I’ve posted the other KNOWN candidates Mario was talking to. I feel like the Gattis hire was circumstantial and when looking at the other options he was on the right track.

Here is the team scoring rankings:

Golesh - Tenn. #1. 47.4 ppg
Candle - Toledo #23. 35.1ppg
Reese - Notre Dame #46 29.7ppg

Longo - UNC #10 40.1
G Riley - TCU #8 40.5
Raggerio- Wake F #20 35.9

Mario wants to win and this season is only going to make him more maniacal. I feel good that he’s gonna go get a DUDE(s) to run this offense. I’m also betting that they will be an improvement on the recruiting side from what’s currently in place

I really don't care tbh. Just get his *** the fucc away from Coral Gables. Not trying to sound harsh..... but listen... don't cry for these muhfuccas. Dude will leave here wit a pocket full of money and a resume that includes the line OC- Univ. of Miami (**** we normal HS guys woould love to have). The former will leave him rich, and have him and his family living well, buying him enough time to be selective in procuring his next gig. The latter, has given him experience being THE play caller at the P5 level, and will help him land another D1 school in the future.
i'm sure he and his agent have been working on his next job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All i know is he better not take 6 years to do this hire and we end up with another bum. Find someone where everyone including recruits know his work speaks for itself. I would rather Herman or Mullen. Mullen would do well plus he is not coaching so he can easily be interviewed and hired. He would not have liked how UF ended and coaches love coaching. I know people love Joe Brady, i do too but i only seen him turn up with Joe Burrow. I would rather Herman if not Mullen. Herman also did it with multiple QBs who turnt out to be bums in the pros.

Advertisement
Back