Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

Why are they pulling LePore?

to give that shoulder a rest to probably pitch game 1 vs. BC so they could Mediavilla or Cabezas in game 2

No chance. Mediavilla is pitching game 1 no matter what.

you don't want to pitch your ace game 1 in a tourney three game series. You pitch him game 2 so you give yourself a better chance to win game 2 if you lose the first game or to give your team a better chance to close out the series early

Advertisement
Worked out but I'm still not big on it. We give up so many outs from sacrifices. I think to beat the best teams we can't give ourselves up so much. Just my opinion.

Advertisement

to give that shoulder a rest to probably pitch game 1 vs. BC so they could Mediavilla or Cabezas in game 2

you don't want to pitch your ace game 1 in a tourney three game series. You pitch him game 2 so you give yourself a better chance to win game 2 if you lose the first game or to give your team a better chance to close out the series early

Agree to disagree. You can not lose game one of the supers. Way too important.

the 2nd one was by the best defender in the big west lol, if people are going to play us like this i don't think we're going to struggle getting to Omaha. FYI if everything in baseball stays the same, we will be facing BC in the super...hopefully a cake walk

Good luck hitting Dunn, BC's ace.

yea, Dunn is not going to be a fun game. I believe he's the 3rd best RHP porspect in this year's draft in college

i can promise you Dunn isn't going to pitch game one. i want Mediavilla vs. Dunn instead of cabezas or lepore any day

That might be the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Let's watch next weekend to see how many teams hold their ace back for game two.

Advertisement
the 2nd one was by the best defender in the big west lol, if people are going to play us like this i don't think we're going to struggle getting to Omaha. FYI if everything in baseball stays the same, we will be facing BC in the super...hopefully a cake walk

Good luck hitting Dunn, BC's ace.

yea, Dunn is not going to be a fun game. I believe he's the 3rd best RHP porspect in this year's draft in college

He's a first rounder for sure. He was hitting 98 against Tulane on Friday, but it was the movement on his breaking ball. Sick.

That might be the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Let's watch next weekend to see how many teams hold their ace back for game two.
doesn't beat clu haywood homie g

Let's win and advance. Don't want to see flashbacks of the Columbia game last year where a nobody blanked us.

Glad to see Collins wake up. Wish Chester would not have gotten thrown out. I will only feel good if we are up 7 in the 9th.

We play our best ball when thE other team can't pitch or field.

We HAVE to start hitting. Shew. Not one hit in the inning. Hopefully get hot next weekend

that inning was a good sign, they're going up there with plans. They didn't look like they did yesterday

Agree with both points. We can get to Omaha with pitching and fielding but it will be a quick trip.

Do you have stock in Kleenex?

We're winning 8-1 and 75% of this thread is whining and complaining.

Some of you guys just ******* suck, good lord

Advertisement

i can promise you Dunn isn't going to pitch game one. i want Mediavilla vs. Dunn instead of cabezas or lepore any day

Just curious your thoughts on why teams throw their ace all season on Friday night games and being named the Friday night starter is such a big deal?

Ed

Tough call really...it normally depends on how much you trust your #2 to perform. If you lose game one with your #1 ...all of a sudden game 2 is much, much more important. I've seen Morris go different ways depending on the familiarity with the opponent and gap between pitchers.

bad decision, I appreciate the effort but now he's at third and if he scores it will give LBS confidence

Last edited:
Advertisement

I do agree with you though that we want Motown vs Dunn but I think BC is going to throw Dunn game 1 as well.

Tulane grounds into a DP with the bases loaded down 6-3 in the bottom of the 8th to end what was probably their last threat.

Advertisement
Back