Canes #11 in coaches poll and #12 in AP

Advertisement
Don't get your shorts all twisted. Cavs are 7-0 at home and will be psyched. Also we have Clumpson away same week. Win both we are top 10, prolly not top 5. We beat UVA and they will crash in polls, Clemson also has stepped it up...tough week ahead and Heels around the corner. GO CANES!

We should move in to the top 10 this week mostly because a lot of teams lost. Virginia is overrated based on last season which means we should be able to beat them easily and still be able to use the W to move up the rankings.

We should move in to the top 10 this week mostly because a lot of teams lost. Virginia is overrated based on last season which means we should be able to beat them easily and still be able to use the W to move up the rankings.

We should be able to beat them easily there? We can obviously win there but easily? doubtful.

Don't get your shorts all twisted. Cavs are 7-0 at home and will be psyched. Also we have Clumpson away same week. Win both we are top 10, prolly not top 5. We beat UVA and they will crash in polls, Clemson also has stepped it up...tough week ahead and Heels around the corner. GO CANES!

Really difficult place to win.

Advertisement

Really difficult place to win.

Yeah I don't "expect" a win. Total 50-50.

I bet Duke jumps us this week.

You called it. Duke is #6 in the Coaches Poll and we are #9 .

So someone please explain to me how there is no bias when Duke moves up 8 spots after beating Wake Forest and Virginia Tech. Beating those two teams warrants moving up 8 freakin' spots? If that's the case UM should move up 10 spots for beating FSU and Syracuse.

:Angry:

Last edited:
I bet Duke jumps us this week.

You called it. Duke is #6 in the Coaches Poll and we are #9 .

So someone please explain to me how there is no bias when Duke moves up 8 spots after beating Wake Forest and Virginia Tech. Beating those two teams warrants moving up 8 freakin' spots? If that's the case UM should move up 10 spots for beating FSU and Syracuse.

:Angry:
Duke was already ahead of us in the coaches. Are you really this slow?

Advertisement
Ok...one would assume that ESPN would use their rankings when you click on a team's clubhouse to see where they are ranked. Apparently ESPN does not value their own poll so they use the AP rank.

But the argument still stands...they move up four spots with two losses coming off of a week where they beat VT and WF? Since you are the self -appointed resident genius around here...explain how that is possible.

Ok...one would assume that ESPN would use their rankings when you click on a team's clubhouse to see where they are ranked. Apparently ESPN does not value their own poll so they use the AP rank.

But the argument still stands...they move up four spots with two losses coming off of a week where they beat VT and WF? Since you are the self -appointed resident genius around here...explain how that is possible.
4 teams ahead of them lost. Wow sure did take a genius to figure that one out...

4 teams ahead of them lost. Wow sure did take a genius to figure that one out...

Apparently the genius missed the point of explaining why one team moves up four and the other team only moves up two when 4 teams ahead of both of them lost. Just sayin'.

You just proved my point...thanks. With your logic UM should be ranked #7 .

Apparently the genius missed the point of explaining why one team moves up four and the other team only moves up two when 4 teams ahead of both of them lost. Just sayin'.

I already explained it in the other thread and you only asked how they moved up 4 spots. Nova and Xavier both moved ahead of us and it is nothing to cry about because we were only a few points ahead of them last week and now they are only a few points ahead of us and both teams had better weeks than us.

Seriously you cant be this dense man.

Advertisement

I already explained it in the other thread and you only asked how they moved up 4 spots. Nova and Xavier both moved ahead of us and it is nothing to cry about because we were only a few points ahead of them last week and now they are only a few points ahead of us and both teams had better weeks than us.

I just responded to you in the other thread. It has nothing to do with Xavier and Villanova (even though Xavier being ranked ahead at this point is dubious) but more how the body of work that Duke has put together is being given more credit at this point than UM's.

I am a Duke hater...but you sound like a Duke apologist. I hope that you are not one of those "fans" that follows UM during football season and Duke during basketball season because you jumped on the bandwagons when you were a kid.

OK...so the anticipated drop in the polls could've been much worse. Playing two quality teams on the road is a difficult week and UM is ranked about where they should be at this point/

#15 AP
#14 USA Today

I just responded to you in the other thread. It has nothing to do with Xavier and Villanova (even though Xavier being ranked ahead at this point is dubious) but more how the body of work that Duke has put together is being given more credit at this point than UM's.

I am a Duke hater...but you sound like a Duke apologist. I hope that you are not one of those "fans" that follows UM during football season and Duke during basketball season because you jumped on the bandwagons when you were a kid.

Im neutral to Duke. The only basketball team I care about is the Miami Hurricanes.

Nice to see that a horrible week didnt cost us to bad in the polls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back