Canes #11 in coaches poll and #12 in AP

[]_[] swag;2452140 said:
Northeastern is one word. We lost by 1 point on a buzzer beater. My apologies to you Mr. Potato but teams with 2 losses should suffer as a result. You act like we lost twice to unranked teams (like UNC). I am not saying we should be top 5 but how about 8?

Losing to 2 good teams > losing to one bad team. Its not hard to figure out this very simple logic. Apparently your brain is to small to understand anything other than the number 2 being larger than the number 1...

We are 11 and you complaining about not being number 8. My god you are a cry baby.

Potato,

Thanks for the potato logic. UNC lost to two unranked teams. How is that better than losing to 1 unranked team? I'll wait.

I am posting on a message board about college basketball. I am sorry I hurt your feelings with my opinion. You came to this thread to post, people responded. Don't be upset because people disagree with you.

UNC lost the game to Northern Iowa w/o their best player. Most pollsters seem to have 'forgiven' the loss to an extent. They still have one of the best rosters and were preseason #1 . Also their two losses were both on the road.

Honestly we haven't played a very tough non-conference schedule and we probably have a worse loss than anyone in the top 20. We deserve to be where we are. There is no anti-Miami bball bias like some of you are claiming. If we beat some for real ACC teams we'll shoot up the rankings.

I'm pretty much in the same camp.

I am waaay more concerned with how lethargic and 2014- like we have been playing of late....with guys like Angel and Sheldon reverting to some poor habits.

Beating teams like F$U need to be priority. UNC and Duke will get theirs regardless...no matter where we think we should be ranked in comparison right now. I would love a repeat of 2013...but realistically...we need to be more concerned with getting this potentially potent train on the tracks.

UM

What poor habits has Sheldon displayed. ARod had a bad offensive game vs Cuse but made up for it with great defense

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2452140 said:
Northeastern is one word. We lost by 1 point on a buzzer beater. My apologies to you Mr. Potato but teams with 2 losses should suffer as a result. You act like we lost twice to unranked teams (like UNC). I am not saying we should be top 5 but how about 8?

Losing to 2 good teams > losing to one bad team. Its not hard to figure out this very simple logic. Apparently your brain is to small to understand anything other than the number 2 being larger than the number 1...

We are 11 and you complaining about not being number 8. My god you are a cry baby.

Potato,

Thanks for the potato logic. UNC lost to two unranked teams. How is that better than losing to 1 unranked team? I'll wait.

I am posting on a message board about college basketball. I am sorry I hurt your feelings with my opinion. You came to this thread to post, people responded. Don't be upset because people disagree with you.

UNC lost the game to Northern Iowa w/o their best player. Most pollsters seem to have 'forgiven' the loss to an extent. They still have one of the best rosters and were preseason #1 . Also their two losses were both on the road.

Honestly we haven't played a very tough non-conference schedule and we probably have a worse loss than anyone in the top 20. We deserve to be where we are. There is no anti-Miami bball bias like some of you are claiming. If we beat some for real ACC teams we'll shoot up the rankings.

I'm pretty much in the same camp.

I am waaay more concerned with how lethargic and 2014- like we have been playing of late....with guys like Angel and Sheldon reverting to some poor habits.

Beating teams like F$U need to be priority. UNC and Duke will get theirs regardless...no matter where we think we should be ranked in comparison right now. I would love a repeat of 2013...but realistically...we need to be more concerned with getting this potentially potent train on the tracks.

UM

I will admit that the first half of the Syracuse game was very disappointing. Coach L said going into that game that they had a few weak practices. I watched the Clemson/Syracuse game last night and it was a completely different Syracuse game that showed up for 1st half of the UM game. Cooney had 3 points halfway through the second half last night.

But the common thing that occurred in the Syracuse game as well as any other game that they have struggled in, going back a few years now, is either their inability to defend the 3 or that the other team is just on fire from 3. (Cooney hit a shot in the first half that was falling away from 35 feet...please.) They also have difficulty with fundamental teams that do not rely on athleticism. The Northeastern game was a combo of both. The Princeton game came after an extended layoff and, well, they are fundamental Princeton.

Last year Wake had some obscure freshman from Greece, Mitoglou, that couldn't miss after struggling all season long and it was a huge loss going down the stretch. The game where Angel missed the lay-up that would've put the game in OT.

I will admit that the first half of the Syracuse game was very disappointing. Coach L said going into that game that they had a few weak practices. I watched the Clemson/Syracuse game last night and it was a completely different Syracuse game that showed up for 1st half of the UM game. Cooney had 3 points halfway through the second half last night. But the common thing that occurred in the Syracuse game as well as any other game that they have struggled in, going back a few years now, is either their inability to defend the 3 or that the other team is just on fire from 3. (Cooney hit a shot in the first half that was falling away from 35 feet...please.) They also have difficulty with fundamental teams that do not rely on athleticism. The Northeastern game was a combo of both. The Princeton game came after an extended layoff and, well, they are fundamental Princeton. Last year Wake had some obscure freshman from Greece, Mitoglou, that couldn't miss after struggling all season long and it was a huge loss going down the stretch. The game where Angel missed the lay-up that would've put the game in OT.
Good point. That lay up, ****.

It seems we always went to AR for game winners and he consistently came up short the second half of the season. This year when the game is on the line I hope we are looking at SM first and second before going to Angel. He's playing a great 1 but I don't have faith in him for the last shot like I did early last season.

The polls really don't matter. The only benefit in being ranked higher is more local interest. With the games already sold out, these rankings don't mean much. This team has the talent and depth to go extremely far. We just need to continue to get better and make sure our best basketball is being played come March.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So since last week, the following has happened:

#2 OU lost to #1 Kansas (Should still be top 3)
#4 UVA lost TWICE (both UNR)
#7 Zona lost to UNR UCLA (Zona may lose again today)
#8 Providence lost to UNR Marquief
#9 Kentucky lost to UNR LSU

Advertisement
We've been good in the 2nd half, and not so much in the 1st, a lttle weak/inconsistent on closing. Think we'll get better as season progress. Depth is key. D is much improved, big men (opponents) are hurting us inside. We play Cavaliers in their house, they will be fired up - hope Larranaga has some surprises up his sleeve.

Advertisement
Its either us or unc that is the best team in the ACC. Duke & Uva are sickeningly overrated.

Advertisement
Back