Canes #11 in coaches poll and #12 in AP

Why do you guys complain so much about our ranking when we are right at about the spot our resume deserves?

Who the *** are you?

Hello, my name is Scott. Now would you like to refute my statement?

Oh because you proved your statement?

Miami:

RPI is 17
BPI is 5

I won't even argue against KU, OU, MSU, Maryland or UVA.

So depending on the poll, you're left with the following:

6. UNC

Lost to UNR Texas (8-5) and UNI (9-6)

RPI is 12
BPI is 10

TOP 25 wins (Current): Maryland

They have more losses both unranked. Their RPI is better, our BPI is better. We each have 1 Top 25 win, theirs is better.

No reason a 2 loss UNC should be ahead of Miami.

7. Zona

Lost to Providence (see below)

RPI is 27
BPI is 20

Top 25 Wins (Current): Zero

Miami has a better BPI and RPI. We have a top 25 win, they have none. They have a better loss.

Miami has the advantage.

8. Providence

Lost to MSU (understandable)

RPI is 8
BPI is 31

Top 25 Wins (Current): Zona and Butler

I give the advantage to Providence. They have the better resume.

9. Kentucky

Lost to UNR UCLA and UNR OSU

RPI is 6
BPI is 17

Top 25 Wins (Current): UL and Duke

Again, they have 2 losses. We split the the RPI BPI. They have more Top 25 wins.

Advantage Miami, we don't have the second loss.

10. Xavier

Lost to Villanova

RPI is 1
BPI is 9

Top 25 Wins (Current): Butler

Advantage Xavier. They have better loss, we split the RPI BPI and we have the same win.

11. Villanova

Lost to OU and UVA

RPI is 2
BPI is 12

Top 25 Wins (Current): Xavier

They have 2 losses, both are to ranked teams by double digits (23 and 11). We split the RPI and BPI. They have a better win.

Advantage Miami.

I don't see how any 2 loss team should be ahead of us at this point. We lost 1 game by 1 point on a buzzer beater. I didn't even bother throwing Duke in this equation because that is a joke (our BPI and RPI are better).

Care to play?
We lost to North Eastern. We have a worse loss than any of those teams you listed an argument against. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that is why we are lower. My Favorite thing about your entire post is you fail to mention North Eastern by name because you know its that bad.

Im laughing at you giving us the advantage over Kentucky, Villanova, and UNC. All three teams have obvious better resumes even with the 2 losses. The only one that you have us over that we actually look better than at this point is Zona. Its time to take your home goggles off.

I dont need to make an argument. The polls do it for me.

Northeastern is one word. We lost by 1 point on a buzzer beater. My apologies to you Mr. Potato but teams with 2 losses should suffer as a result. You act like we lost twice to unranked teams (like UNC). I am not saying we should be top 5 but how about 8?

Advertisement
The same polls ranked Butler ahead of us even though se beat them on a neutral court by double digits. "The polls make it for me", what a potato.

I'm just worried about beating FSU. They might be more talented than us but their best players Re true frosh and a sophmore (who is awesome). We should win but won't be easy. No easy games in the ACC except for BC.

I'm just worried about beating FSU. They might be more talented than us but their best players Re true frosh and a sophmore (who is awesome). We should win but won't be easy. No easy games in the ACC except for BC.

You think FSU has more talent?

Advertisement
FSU is not more talented than us. They have some good young players, and it'll be a tough game.

Who the *** are you?

Miami:

RPI is 17
BPI is 5

6. UNC

RPI is 12
BPI is 10

They have more losses both unranked. Their RPI is better, our BPI is better. We each have 1 Top 25 win, theirs is better.

7. Zona

RPI is 27
BPI is 20

Miami has a better BPI and RPI. We have a top 25 win, they have none. They have a better loss.

Miami has the advantage.

8. Providence

RPI is 8
BPI is 31

9. Kentucky

RPI is 6
BPI is 17

Again, they have 2 losses. We split the the RPI BPI. They have more Top 25 wins.

10. Xavier

Lost to Villanova

RPI is 1
BPI is 9

Advantage Xavier. They have better loss, we split the RPI BPI and we have the same win.

11. Villanova

Lost to OU and UVA

RPI is 2
BPI is 12

They have 2 losses, both are to ranked teams by double digits (23 and 11). We split the RPI and BPI. They have a better win.

Advantage Miami.

I don't see how any 2 loss team should be ahead of us at this point. We lost 1 game by 1 point on a buzzer beater. I didn't even bother throwing Duke in this equation because that is a joke (our BPI and RPI are better).

Care to play?
We lost to North Eastern. We have a worse loss than any of those teams you listed an argument against. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that is why we are lower. My Favorite thing about your entire post is you fail to mention North Eastern by name because you know its that bad.

Im laughing at you giving us the advantage over Kentucky, Villanova, and UNC. All three teams have obvious better resumes even with the 2 losses. The only one that you have us over that we actually look better than at this point is Zona. Its time to take your home goggles off.

Northeastern is one word. We lost by 1 point on a buzzer beater. My apologies to you Mr. Potato but teams with 2 losses should suffer as a result. You act like we lost twice to unranked teams (like UNC). I am not saying we should be top 5 but how about 8?

Losing to 2 good teams > losing to one bad team. Its not hard to figure out this very simple logic. Apparently your brain is to small to understand anything other than the number 2 being larger than the number 1...

We are 11 and you complaining about not being number 8. My god you are a cry baby.

Why do you guys complain so much about our ranking when we are right at about the spot our resume deserves?

It is not as much as who should be not be ranked ahead of the U at this exact point in time...it is more about what has happened over the past 3 years, or so...about how this team is always being devalued by the polls, selection committee, etc. It is just blatant disrespect.

In 2013, we win the ACC regular season championship, the ACC tourney, beat Duke...Duke gets the no. 1 seed...the U gets #2 in the NCAAs. Someone explain that...

Last season, we had more wins and better resumes than Ole Miss, Georgia, and UCLA. All 3 of them made the tourney. We are not talking about a single team where the committee has to start splitting hairs...we are talking about a far better resume than 3 teams that got in.

I wish that I remember where I saw it, but a preseason poll had this team at no. 16. What happened to that? They beat Butler on a neutral court by double digits and Butler gets ranked higher with the same amount of losses? How can a team with basically and identical record get ranked higher after you beat them?

And since you asked...I would not have Providence or Arizona ranked higher (especially Arizona).

Duke didnt get a number 1 seed... they got a number 2 seed just like us in 2013 and we were ranked higher. If you are going to rant about us being disrespected at least have an actual example of when we have been instead of some made up stuff.

Last year we had by far the worst losses of any team on the bubble. It wasnt a surprise when it came down to it that we didnt get in.

I believe Miami was the 1st ACC team to ever win the conference and the conference championship and not get a 1 seed!
So? That doesnt mean we should have got a number 1 seed.

Its not like we were undefeated that year or even had a substantially better resume than anyone ranked above us that year.

Miami:

RPI is 17
BPI is 5

6. UNC

RPI is 12
BPI is 10

7. Zona

RPI is 27
BPI is 20

Miami has the advantage.

8. Providence

RPI is 8
BPI is 31

9. Kentucky

RPI is 6
BPI is 17

10. Xavier

Lost to Villanova

RPI is 1
BPI is 9

11. Villanova

Lost to OU and UVA

RPI is 2
BPI is 12

Advantage Miami.

Care to play?

Losing to 2 good teams > losing to one bad team. Its not hard to figure out this very simple logic. Apparently your brain is to small to understand anything other than the number 2 being larger than the number 1...

We are 11 and you complaining about not being number 8. My god you are a cry baby.

Potato,

Thanks for the potato logic. UNC lost to two unranked teams. How is that better than losing to 1 unranked team? I'll wait.

I am posting on a message board about college basketball. I am sorry I hurt your feelings with my opinion. You came to this thread to post, people responded. Don't be upset because people disagree with you.

Advertisement
Miami has a real schedule and if they are extremely successful, they will be ranked where they deserve, at this juncture in the season why does it really matter? Thanks

Miami has a real schedule and if they are extremely successful, they will be ranked where they deserve, at this juncture in the season why does it really matter? Thanks

In reality, it is hardly relevant. We're just discussing.

It is not as much as who should be not be ranked ahead of the U at this exact point in time...it is more about what has happened over the past 3 years, or so...about how this team is always being devalued by the polls, selection committee, etc. It is just blatant disrespect.

In 2013, we win the ACC regular season championship, the ACC tourney, beat Duke...Duke gets the no. 1 seed...the U gets #2 in the NCAAs. Someone explain that...

Last season, we had more wins and better resumes than Ole Miss, Georgia, and UCLA. All 3 of them made the tourney. We are not talking about a single team where the committee has to start splitting hairs...we are talking about a far better resume than 3 teams that got in.

I wish that I remember where I saw it, but a preseason poll had this team at no. 16. What happened to that? They beat Butler on a neutral court by double digits and Butler gets ranked higher with the same amount of losses? How can a team with basically and identical record get ranked higher after you beat them?

And since you asked...I would not have Providence or Arizona ranked higher (especially Arizona).

Duke didnt get a number 1 seed... they got a number 2 seed just like us in 2013 and we were ranked higher. If you are going to rant about us being disrespected at least have an actual example of when we have been instead of some made up stuff.

Last year we had by far the worst losses of any team on the bubble. It wasnt a surprise when it came down to it that we didnt get in.

I believe Miami was the 1st ACC team to ever win the conference and the conference championship and not get a 1 seed!

Its not like we were undefeated that year or even had a substantially better resume than anyone ranked above us that year.

Uh...yes. The ACC is regarded as the best basketball conference in the country and every winner of the reg. season and tourney has gotten a no. 1 seed except for one team. It's not rocket science. It's called a ***** job just like the NCAA used to treat Tarkanian because John Wooden didn't want competition on the west coast. The NCAA has had a chip on their shoulder with UM for 30 years now. Could you imagine Duke or UNC winning both and not getting the no. 1? Please...

In reality, it is hardly relevant. We're just discussing.

All I am saying is we got a really good team with an elite coach, they can be great or they can be ok. Those rating systems are flawed and to my way of thinking means zero, but fully agree it does precipitate discussion, relevant or not.

Advertisement

Uh...yes. The ACC is regarded as the best basketball conference in the country and every winner of the reg. season and tourney has gotten a no. 1 seed except for one team. It's not rocket science. It's called a ***** job just like the NCAA used to treat Tarkanian because John Wooden didn't want competition on the west coast. The NCAA has had a chip on their shoulder with UM for 30 years now. Could you imagine Duke or UNC winning both and not getting the no. 1? Please...

What does it say when the NCAA committee to prove that UM athletics was corrupt, corrupted themselves to prove that UM was corrupt?

Miami:

RPI is 17
BPI is 5

6. UNC

RPI is 12
BPI is 10

7. Zona

RPI is 27
BPI is 20

Miami has the advantage.

8. Providence

RPI is 8
BPI is 31

9. Kentucky

RPI is 6
BPI is 17

10. Xavier

Lost to Villanova

RPI is 1
BPI is 9

11. Villanova

Lost to OU and UVA

RPI is 2
BPI is 12

Advantage Miami.

Care to play?

Potato,

Thanks for the potato logic. UNC lost to two unranked teams. How is that better than losing to 1 unranked team? I'll wait.

I am posting on a message board about college basketball. I am sorry I hurt your feelings with my opinion. You came to this thread to post, people responded. Don't be upset because people disagree with you.

UNC lost the game to Northern Iowa w/o their best player. Most pollsters seem to have 'forgiven' the loss to an extent. They still have one of the best rosters and were preseason #1 . Also their two losses were both on the road.

Honestly we haven't played a very tough non-conference schedule and we probably have a worse loss than anyone in the top 20. We deserve to be where we are. There is no anti-Miami bball bias like some of you are claiming. If we beat some for real ACC teams we'll shoot up the rankings.

What does it say when the NCAA committee to prove that UM athletics was corrupt, corrupted themselves to prove that UM was corrupt?

We lost a couple really bad games at the end of that year. I remember a bad home loss to a wake or GT. The ACC was definitely down that year, and we didn't even advance out of the sweet 16 so we didn't really prove anyone wrong not being given a 1 seed.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2452140 said:

Potato,

UNC lost the game to Northern Iowa w/o their best player. Most pollsters seem to have 'forgiven' the loss to an extent. They still have one of the best rosters and were preseason #1 . Also their two losses were both on the road.

Honestly we haven't played a very tough non-conference schedule and we probably have a worse loss than anyone in the top 20. We deserve to be where we are. There is no anti-Miami bball bias like some of you are claiming. If we beat some for real ACC teams we'll shoot up the rankings.

There was nothing wrong with our OOC schedule.

[]_[] swag;2452140 said:

Even if that game is forgotten, they still lost to another unranked team. Do we forget that lost too?

So who should we have gotten the number 1 seed over? You are literally crying right now because we were a 2 seed instead of a 1 seed. Its blowing my mind just how petty of a complaint that is.

Of course you finish out your post with a good old conspiracy theory against UM.

Miami:

RPI is 17
BPI is 5

6. UNC

RPI is 12
BPI is 10

7. Zona

RPI is 27
BPI is 20

Miami has the advantage.

8. Providence

RPI is 8
BPI is 31

9. Kentucky

RPI is 6
BPI is 17

10. Xavier

Lost to Villanova

RPI is 1
BPI is 9

11. Villanova

Lost to OU and UVA

RPI is 2
BPI is 12

Advantage Miami.

Care to play?

Potato,

lmao the typical accuse the person you are debating with of being upset... that will surely win the argument.

Take off your homer glasses real quick and its easy to see UNC has a better resume than us at this point.

Advertisement
Back