2025 Cameron Boozer 5* PF from Columbus

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Advertisement
Great explanation. Maybe we will get a chance to see how a big fares with L now that we have a legit big in the Virginia transfer

L has done more with less in the front court. Jekiri and Izundu were extremely raw when they arrived and both have had nice professional careers overseas.

Julian Gamble went from a scrub to a legit ACC player under L.

Gak was derailed by injures and Miller didn’t work hard enough.

Omier… well he’s making well over 7 figures this year, so obviously another success.

It’s not surprising that Miami hasn’t landed an elite true big during L’s tenure (they’re few, far between, and very very expensive)… but I bet when L finally does they will develop and succeed.

L has done more with less in the front court. Jekiri and Izundu were extremely raw when they arrived and both have had nice professional careers overseas.

Julian Gamble went from a scrub to a legit ACC player under L.

Gak was derailed by injures and Miller didn’t work hard enough.

Omier… well he’s making well over 7 figures this year, so obviously another success.

It’s not surprising that Miami hasn’t landed an elite true big during L’s tenure (they’re few, far between, and very very expensive)… but I bet when L finally does they will develop and succeed.
I think some of you guys misunderstand me. I'm not saying he hasn't had success AT THE POSITION. He knows how to use THE GUYS HE RECRUITS for the position. BUT there's a huge difference to have a dude who's 6'9, 6'10 etc and 220 whatever it may be who's PLAYING CENTER and the ROLE of a big & succeeding at it because of their body types and the system employed then there is to have A BIG, A LEGIT BIG who's 7ft 260 that has an offense in many instances ran through him or atleast heavily involved him and isn't dependent on pace. If my nephew was the height he is and weighed 220 etc ran the floor like a deer and could do it the majority of the game at that pace if be completely on board with him coming here.

He's not that. He s a huge kid. He's physical inside and out. He's a bully on the floor. He can shoot **** good, good enough ball handling & insane passing ability for his size. Has a good motor. But not one where at coach L pace he wouldn't slow us down. That's not cause he's lazy or has a bad work ethic. That's cause he's a huge kid who shouldn't be trying to keep pace with guards etc. so me when I say I don't like coach Ls vision for bigs it's cause he doesn't recruit bigs in my eyes. He recruits ball dominant guards and wings and the size is an afterthought. Why would I want that for my nephew?

I think some of you guys misunderstand me. I'm not saying he hasn't had success AT THE POSITION. He knows how to use THE GUYS HE RECRUITS for the position. BUT there's a huge difference to have a dude who's 6'9, 6'10 etc and 220 whatever it may be who's PLAYING CENTER and the ROLE of a big & succeeding at it because of their body types and the system employed then there is to have A BIG, A LEGIT BIG who's 7ft 260 that has an offense in many instances ran through him or atleast heavily involved him and isn't dependent on pace. If my nephew was the height he is and weighed 220 etc ran the floor like a deer and could do it the majority of the game at that pace if be completely on board with him coming here.

He's not that. He s a huge kid. He's physical inside and out. He's a bully on the floor. He can shoot **** good, good enough ball handling & insane passing ability for his size. Has a good motor. But not one where at coach L pace he wouldn't slow us down. That's not cause he's lazy or has a bad work ethic. That's cause he's a huge kid who shouldn't be trying to keep pace with guards etc. so me when I say I don't like coach Ls vision for bigs it's cause he doesn't recruit bigs in my eyes. He recruits ball dominant guards and wings and the size is an afterthought. Why would I want that for my nephew?

He has made a hall of fame level coaching career recruiting who he can get and playing to the strengths of the guys that he has. He won the ACC with a big and physical team in 2013 and went to the final four with a small ball team in 2023.

Don’t kid yourself, Miami has never had a legit shot with an elite true big (of which there are maybe a couple in any given class and they almost always end up at blue blood schools). NIL and recent success might eventually change that… but it doesn’t change the reality of the past.

He has made a hall of fame level coaching career recruiting who he can get and playing to the strengths of the guys that he has. He won the ACC with a big and physical team in 2013 and went to the final four with a small ball team in 2023.

Don’t kid yourself, Miami has never had a legit shot with an elite true big (of which there are maybe a couple in any given class and they almost always end up at blue blood schools). NIL and recent success might eventually change that… but it doesn’t change the reality of the past.
I don't wanna continue to sidetrack this thread about a kid who deserves this attention to talk about things that aren't relevant. We disagree & there's nothing wrong with that.

Advertisement

Don't kid yourself. I know for a fact that's not true. It's not relevant to anything though. I'm not trying to argue over this as it's not gonna change how I approach this at all. Nor should it. We simply have different view points and all that matters is if my nephew falls for all the smoke and mirrors. If you really were interested in a version of the truth you'd simply look at the offers we've gave to bigs. Who have we extended scholarship offers to. If your argument is we haven't bothered to because we knew they had no interest in us than that's something in itself. I don't know the people you know and you don't know the people I know. But I know for a fact the truth behind both sides of that coin. It's his system and it's worked for him. Nothing wrong with that. But don't speak in things you don't know. To play to your teams strengths doesn't mean you attempted to mold it in a different way. You simply used what you had. You mention 2013 as a physical team. Playing physical and emphasizing a legit big are very different. He actually did the exact opposite. He took the only big on that team and had him come off the bench from the second he came in. Was Reggie's game perfect? Nah. Definitely wasn't but he was effective as a starter under haith and then benched under laranaga.
Agree with a lot of what you're saying. Tee is a big kid with a solid skill set. Problem is his weight and the way the game is being played today that's going to be a major hurdle for him moving forward.

I do think you're dead on about Miami not being the best choice for Tee. Biggest reason being fit. I agree with you that Coach L likes bigs that can run. Tee doesn't fit Miami's uptempo style. L likes bigs that can run the floor, rebound, defend pick n' roll, and if they can knock down the trey ball it's a major plus. Not even in exhibitions against patsies can I recall seeing a Coach L led Miami team walk the ball up the court and dump it into the post. That's the style that fits Tee more and he won't get it at Miami. Seems to me Tee's style of play is more fitting for a team in the Big 10 like Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, etc.

Lastly, Tee may have already fallen for the smoke & mirrors. I'm sure it's hard for a teenager to turn down SFG, but after watching what happened to Jah Jackson, I don't know if I would've had him playing there.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying. Tee is a big kid with a solid skill set. Problem is his weight and the way the game is being played today that's going to be a major hurdle for him moving forward.

I do think you're dead on about Miami not being the best choice for Tee. Biggest reason being fit. I agree with you that Coach L likes bigs that can run. Tee doesn't fit Miami's uptempo style. L likes bigs that can run the floor, rebound, defend pick n' roll, and if they can knock down the trey ball it's a major plus. Not even in exhibitions against patsies can I recall seeing a Coach L led Miami team walk the ball up the court and dump it into the post. That's the style that fits Tee more and he won't get it at Miami. Seems to me Tee's style of play is more fitting for a team in the Big 10 like Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, etc.

Lastly, Tee may have already fallen for the smoke & mirrors. I'm sure it's hard for a teenager to turn down SFG, but after watching what happened to Jah Jackson, I don't know if I would've had him playing there.
This is the most nuanced explanation. L prefers positional versatility and that's the directly most programs are going in given the preference for functional size

I have numerous reasons why I don't want Tee here. Brian I never had to worry if he was going to be okay. I always knew with the way he conducts himself he was going to be fine. I know each of my nieces and nephews well. I'd have some concerns with him being on his own with the kind of money we're trying to give him,in this city. Number two as I've stated multiple times on here, I am not a believer in Coach L in this system when it relates to Biggs. Everybody wants to constantly have the argument about do you not think your nephew is as good as norChad OMeir or someone like that. Reality is norChad OMeir is 6'7 6'8 at best with long arms and an insane motor. What it shows for my nephew is severely outdated. He's 7 ft now and still growing. Hopefully not much more, but there's no way to say as of yet. Either way he is a legit big. When he was smaller he was at John Lucas's academies. spent multiple years there learning how to play the on the ball etc. when he started to get his size, Hakeem olajuwon took him on & trained him for 2 years until COVID forced him to go back to Nigeria as his entire family got COVID. Since that point in time he's been getting trained by a mixture of LeBron and Chris Paul (all their trainers they set him up with from boogie to Andrew etc) .I just can't see him thriving in a role where he's expected to run the floor like a wing & he has amazing vision. He doesn't have the motor necessary to run the floor like that. Not many legit biggs do. He has every option in the country in front of him including playing overseas, including playing G League etc. I just want him happy and if he decides it here I won't get in his way. But I will break his ****** legs! (Lol of course)
6’10” 270? What does he think about playing tackle? :)

Advertisement

This is why I've said he's not the numbers they show anymore. Also ur preaching to the choir about sfg. I think y'all are confused about his game though. Seems people think he's slow and all he does is stand around from the comments I've read.lmao. Regardless, I'm gonna do like I said and stop speaking on anything but the topic of this thread. Like I tell all my nephews, **** that talking. Let your actions speak for you

This is why I've said he's not the numbers they show anymore. Also ur preaching to the choir about sfg. I think y'all are confused about his game though. Seems people think he's slow and all he does is stand around from the comments I've read.lmao. Regardless, I'm gonna do like I said and stop speaking on anything but the topic of this thread. Like I tell all my nephews, **** that talking. Let your actions speak for you
Some will say he's a dinosaur. His position no longer exists in today's basketball world. I disagree however. Talk about preaching to the choir??? I think his game and style is a lost art in basketball terms. I think big men are made to dominate the paint This crap we're seeing of turning 7 footers into perimeter players is a facade. Flavor of the month! I doubt it will stand the test of time. Best of luck to your nephew. I hope he proves every nay-sayer wrong.

Last edited:
Some will say he's a dinosaur. His position no longer exists in today's basketball world. I disagree however. Talk about preaching to the choir??? I think his game and style is a lost art in basketball terms. I think big men are made to dominate the paint This crap we're seeing of turning 7 footers into perimeter players is a facade. Flavor of the month! I doubt it will stand the test of time. Best of luck to your nephew. I hope he proves every nay-sayer wrong.
Preaching to the choir meaning you're echoing certain things I've spoke on with him. Playing for LeBron, knowing lebron's agenda & how each & every kid is collateral damage to establish bronny and Bryce(he's legit)dominance. But while you and I and others see that clear as day, try telling that to a teenager who thinks LeBron James ***** gold, and does nothing wrong. When he shows up to your house, when he calls your cell phone direct, when he brings you money and sends you clothes... Sometimes we simply have to let them live and learn. All I'll say is youth basketball is a dirty world. You guys have a blessed day. I'm going to let him prove what his game is with his actions. The one saving grace here, is while he's been playing for sfg hrs actually doubled down on his work with his private coaches. On the people he trains with.

Advertisement
B is my nephew. His brothers are my nephews as well. Derrick plays basketball overseas, Tee Bartlett is middle & the youngest is Blake. I've put some of Tee's highlights up before so I ain't gonna do that but feel free to look him up. Every one of us including my sister have been well established in sports. She was a college basketball player. I got a few siblings. They each have kids. Hence more than one nephew. We have an athletic family.

Sounds just like my family, glad that we have that in common. I was a champion chess player, my wife is a great Mahjongg player, my father was dominoes, etc etc.

It's good to have a big that can shoot the 3, but if we're being honest the teams that either won the National Championship or was in the final in recent years, had a big that can dominate in the post. Honestly, I feel we need more of that at Miami

Advertisement
Preaching to the choir meaning you're echoing certain things I've spoke on with him. Playing for LeBron, knowing lebron's agenda & how each & every kid is collateral damage to establish bronny and Bryce(he's legit)dominance. But while you and I and others see that clear as day, try telling that to a teenager who thinks LeBron James ***** gold, and does nothing wrong. When he shows up to your house, when he calls your cell phone direct, when he brings you money and sends you clothes... Sometimes we simply have to let them live and learn. All I'll say is youth basketball is a dirty world. You guys have a blessed day. I'm going to let him prove what his game is with his actions. The one saving grace here, is while he's been playing for sfg hrs actually doubled down on his work with his private coaches. On the people he trains with.
You think Bryce is legit? I saw he was ranked top 100 and a lot of the comments said he wasn't deserving at all. I don't know jack **** about HS/AAU ball hence my question.

You think Bryce is legit? I saw he was ranked top 100 and a lot of the comments said he wasn't deserving at all. I don't know jack **** about HS/AAU ball hence my question.
His potential is sky high. That kid is a **** of a shooter and works. He's not quite as athletic as bronny but he's also not barely 6ft tall. He's about 6'6 now & still growing. I haven't watched him outside of sfg. But I'm that format I like his game.

It's good to have a big that can shoot the 3, but if we're being honest the teams that either won the National Championship or was in the final in recent years, had a big that can dominate in the post. Honestly, I feel we need more of that at Miami

Very hard to get guys that can dominate the post but also can move well enough to not be a liability.

There are only a couple of guys a class - maybe - that are high percentage bets to fit that description coming out of high school.

I don’t think a dominant big has been the feature of recent champions… but yes they’ve all had a formidable frontcourt because blue bloods generally have good to great players at all 5 spots.

Very hard to get guys that can dominate the post but also can move well enough to not be a liability.

There are only a couple of guys a class - maybe - that are high percentage bets to fit that description coming out of high school.

I don’t think a dominant big has been the feature of recent champions… but yes they’ve all had a formidable frontcourt because blue bloods generally have good to great players at all 5 spots.
You wouldn't put UConn and Clingan on that list? Or even Purdue with Edey despite not winning it all?

Advertisement
Back