Brilliant Coaching (If not **** Move) or Lucky Corching?

More blame should go to Howard for being stupid. Taint could have hit a quick out for 7 yards and got out of bounds for a fg try. Worst case scenario should have been a hail mary with a second left.
Plus Day still has a time out left. How do you not use it corch Day?

Advertisement
Did Lanning pull a dirty, but "legal" trick, on Taint to help seal the dub dub??

I think they did it on purpose and I think they need to have some sort of rule change about it...

Interesting. Very Bill Belichick-like.

Also occurred to me the defense opened up the middle, baiting Howard to run. Howard is a mobile quarterback, and his instincts are always going to be to run given an opportunity. Hard to break this habit. There was no way he was going to run and leave enough time on the clock for a few FG attempt. He took the bait.

Anything done to beat OSU is fine by me. Genius or not it mattered. OSU lost. All the cream puffs they play always prepare them for a loss like this.

Advertisement
First time I noticed the fake injury thang was when Butch staged it, it seemed, after every play in our 2018 humiliation vs FIU. Did he start or jumpstart the trend?
Ah, the memories…

Interesting. Very Bill Belichick-like.

Also occurred to me the defense opened up the middle, baiting Howard to run. Howard is a mobile quarterback, and his instincts are always going to be to run given an opportunity. Hard to break this habit. There was no way he was going to run and leave enough time on the clock for a few FG attempt. He took the bait.
I do think this might have been a lanning trap. not the 12 men but this.

Just so, he out mongoloided the mongoloid on the other sideline.

1728845540961.png

Advertisement
Isn’t this a referee F up with regard to the clock? 12 men on field is a dead ball foul, no? I think I know the answers, but not 100% sure.
My understanding is that coming out of the timeout, the clock starts on the snap (0:10) which is when the foul occurred. Clock should go back to 0:10, no?

Then you just line up offsides by a yard. Same diff.

Advertisement
12 men on defense (illegal participation) used to be a 15-yard penalty in college. Not sure when they changed the rule, but I do remember in 2002 Washington losing a game at Michigan because they got caught with 12 on defense in the final seconds. The 15-yard penalty put Michigan in FG range for them to kick the game winner as time expired.

Watch them change the rule back in the offseason.

Advertisement
Back